• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Midnight Purple 95 NSX

<meta name="Title" content=""> <meta name="Keywords" content=""> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"> <link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/jwilfong/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:pages>1</o:pages> <o:Words>106</o:Words> <o:Characters>605</o:Characters> <o:Company>LSS</o:Company> <o:Lines>5</o:Lines> <o:paragraphs>1</o:paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>742</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>11.1280</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotShowRevisions/> <w:DoNotPrintRevisions/> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:UseMarginsForDrawingGridOrigin/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Times New Roman"; panose-1:0 2 2 6 3 5 4 5 2 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:50331648 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-parent:""; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--StartFragment--> Just purchased a 95 plum NSX. It’ sharing the garage with a 93 turbo MR2. Having spent the last 6-years working on the MR2 and I’m excited about the new addition. Today reminds me of the day I flew to NY to get one of the few Yamaha build 93 MR2 turbo’s sold in the USA. As much as I enjoyed working on the two, I have no plans for the NSX other than driving it and having fun.

After one afternoon of driving the NSX, it’s more refined and solid with more low-end torque but once the turbo kicks in, the MR2 holds its own.

The Japanese mid engine cars from the ninety’s are fun cars and the MR2 is like a baby NSX. Once I become more familiar with NSX I post more about the differences and similarities of the two.
<!--EndFragment-->

Last edited:
Which PLUM did you buy? WHERE /VIN

Best of luck--I would really like to see this color in person as I think it looks
great and is not run of the mill

<meta name="Title" content=""> <meta name="Keywords" content=""> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"> <link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/jwilfong/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:pages>1</o:pages> <o:Words>106</o:Words> <o:Characters>605</o:Characters> <o:Company>LSS</o:Company> <o:Lines>5</o:Lines> <o:paragraphs>1</o:paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>742</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>11.1280</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotShowRevisions/> <w:DoNotPrintRevisions/> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:UseMarginsForDrawingGridOrigin/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Times New Roman"; panose-1:0 2 2 6 3 5 4 5 2 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:50331648 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-parent:""; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--StartFragment--> Just purchase a 95 plum NSX. It’ sharing the garage with a 93 turbo MR2. Having spent the last 6-years working on the MR2 and I’m excited about the new addition. Today reminds me of the day I flew to NY to get one of the few Yamaha build 93 MR2 turbo’s sold in the USA. As much as I enjoyed working on the two, I have no plans for the NSX other than driving it and having fun.

After one afternoon of driving the NSX, it’s more refined and solid with more low-end torque but once the turbo kicks in, the MR2 holds its own.

The Japanese mid engine cars from the ninety’s are fun cars and the MR2 is like a baby NSX. Once I become more familiar with NSX I post more about the differences and similarities of the two.
<!--EndFragment-->

Congrats and welcome. Love to see some photos of with both the NSX and MR2 together.

Thanks for all the commets.

It was a local purchase so I only had to drive to the bank and DMV. Purchasing it locally was a lot easier than flying or having to put the car on a carrier. I’m the third owner and it’s been in NC for the last five years. The car was only driven about 1k miles a year by the last owner and just had the 60k service done in July. There are a few minor things I need to done but over all it’s in great shape for a 14-year-old car.

Purple_NSX_3.jpg

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->
Purple_NSX_2.jpg
<!--[endif]--><o>

Purple_NSX_1.jpg

</o>
NSX

I wasn’t excited about a purple car but once I saw it I loved it. The last owner told me there were only 25 of the purple with the black interior made in 95. It looks black in the shadows or at a distance but when the sun hits it the purple comes out.
<!--EndFragment-->

Last edited:
I was interested in this car--and I think you have yourself a real nice car.
The price was RIGHT.

this was jh4na1187st000557----correct--clean autocheck-sellers reason for selling seemed legit.

BTW-60k service normally does not include tb/wp-

Last edited:
I also saw this Nsx for sale,, looks good and i didnt know about the number of color combo till now,, I hope its Manual tranny,, cuz if it isnt I'll take my compliments back LOL,, great car,, you will learn to love the car as much as this Site!!! GOOOOOOoooooo PRIME!!!

PDLNSX

You are right on the VIN. It was sold by a NJ dealer and sent to NC about 5 years ago. I had been looking at this car for several months and made an offer for a few thousand less than than the asking price. I was surprised when the offer was accepted but glad it happened. Being in the same city helped make the deal happen.

For those who can't get enough NSX trivia: the next two in sequence, 000558 and 000559, are also midnight pearl.

I noticed this back when I was looking for a midnight pearl NSX.

Exactly my experience :biggrin:
I am lucky enough to also have both:
-about 295bhp slightly tuned 1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo
-'98 CTSC NSX-T dynoed at 365 RWHP/equals to about 415 Engine BHP I think
Both are huge fun, very similar but at the same time also quite different in their on way. The NSX feels more a grown up car while the MR2 is almost just as much fun, but more a explosive fun/play car package :smile:

Just put gas in it today for the first time since getting the car. 275 miles on the first tank of gas.

The weather was bad this winter and messed up my left foot and couldn't drive anything with a clutch for a few months.

I'll be driving it more this spring.

Last edited:
Hey John,

Need to get your correct e-mail address. I keep getting an error message when I try to use the one I have. I routinely send e-mails to my raleigh area NSX owners roster when events come up. PM me with your correct e-mail address please.

Car looks great, by the way.

Congrats and welcome - looks like a beauty! Excluding the NSX, I've owned 3 other mid-engines; Fiat X1/9 (Fix It Again Tony.....:frown:), Porsche 914 2.0 (glorified VW...), and a normally aspirated MR2. By far, the MR2 was the most fun of any of those cars by a mile. And it never gave me a problem.

The NSX is far more sophisticated, but for the $$, the MR2 is certainly a sweet and fun ride. Cheers, and enjoy! Jay

A belated WELCOME to Prime, and more importantly to the Midnight Pearl club ;^D

Brian

Welcome to Prime - and NSX ownership! I always like the old MR2s - not the latest one so much cause you didn't have anywhere to put anything.

I know you'll love the NSX - your car looks great and I like the color! Give us the specs (miles and maintenance history) and post pics. We live for this stuff.....:wink:

Back