• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Engine Revealed

"While the overall style of the cars are quite similar, the details differ quite a bit. Whereas the i8 uses a turbocharged, three-cylinder engine, the NSX will use a twin-turbo, 3.5 liter V6. Both use electric motors to make the cars AWD, using a combination of one electric motor to aid the gas engine and more motors to power the front wheels. However, the i8 only uses one electric motor up front for both wheels, whereas the NSX uses one for each wheel. The i8 uses a standard 6-Speed automatic but the NSX uses an 8-Speed, dual-clutch auto."

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/01/04/acura-nsx-bmw-i8-competitor/

There's two new info in this article. First, it claims an 8 speed dct will be used in new nsx, and the other, the displacement of the engine will be 3.5L while other sources only says an engine below 3.7L.

I doubt how accurate the source is. It says NSX will use a 8-speed dct. However, the 8-speed dct used in TLX I4 can't even handle the torque of a v6, let alone a twin turbo v6 of NSX. This is why even TLX v6 didn't use this honda 8-speed dct. The chance of acura developing a brand-new 8 speed dct for NSX is low. It's more likely a variant of the 7 speed dct in RLX sh-shawd will be used in new NSX. Therefore, it's not very convincing that other claims in this article are trustful.

There's two new info in this article. First, it claims an 8 speed dct will be used in new nsx, and the other, the displacement of the engine will be 3.5L while other sources only says an engine below 3.7L.

I doubt how accurate the source is. It says NSX will use a 8-speed dct. However, the 8-speed dct used in TLX I4 can't even handle the torque of a v6, let alone a twin turbo v6 of NSX. This is why even TLX v6 didn't use this honda 8-speed dct. The chance of acura developing a brand-new 8 speed dct for NSX is low. It's more likely a variant of the 7 speed dct in RLX sh-shawd will be used in new NSX. Therefore, it's not very convincing that other claims in this article are trustful.

I disagree, I think the chances of seeing an exclusive transmission is not high, but also not low. Nothing Acura currently offers is a good fit for the new NSX and being a halo car, the less parts bin recycling they do, the better. If they do, it will go a long way in showing what their true aspirations for this car is.

Back