• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

Found this on AutoSpies.com. They had a spy (sorta speak) at the show yesterday, sneaking pics during the show set-up. There are several other pics on the site, none as good, but the car you see partially draped is center stage under the Acura Advanced Concept sign...

Good bye Honda - was nice known'n ya. :(

looks more like a coupe TL/RL replacement. This is the accord coupe concept:
http://hondanews.com/CatID1001?mid=2006120529252&mime=JPG

Ahh yes. Could very well be a nice car under that cover - but the bulkyness, proportion and height just doesn't connect in my mind with "NSX Successor"

If this is just a RL replacement, which I unfortunately don't think is the case... looks like it could be a nice upgrade from the rather bland RL.

the acura sedan concept has already been shown. No one knows yet what the coupe concept is going to look like. The sketchs I've seen don't look so bad. I'll let you guys know in a few hours. And I'll upload the press kit this evening.

-Aaron

Ahh yes. Could very well be a nice car under that cover - but the bulkyness, proportion and height just doesn't connect in my mind with "NSX Successor"

If this is just a RL replacement, which I unfortunately don't think is the case... looks like it could be a nice upgrade from the rather bland RL.

I think there were talks about a coupe CL replacement so that accord concept will share the same platform no doubt.

The press release says its an exotic...just don't call it an nsx if its front engine.

Here is my little line of thinking.

It is not "what I think" - it is simply a scenario.

The Honda HSX has to be measured as a failure among Honda exec's in the fact that it wasn't terribly well received, not enough to bring it to market. Concept cars are cars that test out tons of new technology, technological idea, new components (engine, tranny, ME/AWD setups, you know the drill).

As a concept - what could the HSC have added to the Honda line?? Not much if anything.

If this concept is front engine, as I suspect it is from recent reports/sketches/spyshot, this car may not be the NSX successor at all. Think about how valuable a highend coupe can trickle down into like-minded vehicles underneath of it. It would accomplish a hell of alot more than the HSC concept would even if this concept never hits the streets. Also technologial components could translate into a mid engined halo car next year.

This could be the M6 of Acura. Basically I'm saying if this car itself is a failure, they still might have something positive come out of it into the next RL, TL, CL replacement, and perhaps a new $60000 coupe. If a $60000 Acura coupe sells... there's no longer apprehension for a $125,000 mid-engined exotic.

so that's just a wishful-thinking-hypothesis.
Build a front-engined coupe concept that trickles down to other models and tests the waters for a 2007 and beyond high-end Acura sales, and if it's successful, build a true NSX replacement.

They have been working on two cars along.

This is 100% speculation, I remind you.

I think it's pure suicidal of Honda to even try to compete with a Aston Martin.

In the years leading up to today, various magazines have reached deep into the vacant abyss of their staff's knowledge and come up with futile attempts to bump dwindling newstand sales, with far-fetched renderings usually generated by an over-active teenage mind that has spent more time with Photoshop then popping pimples.

We've all seen the image below. My sources tell me this is what's hiding under the cover, although they could not confirm it's the successor to the NSX, or if it will be labeled an NSX. Gentlemen, it appears we no longer have a "Japerrari". We have the next generation... Vette!

Less than 6 hours to go...

Attachments

• 1-acura-advanced-sports-car-concept.jpg
    1-acura-advanced-sports-car-concept.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,797
It's pretty uninspiring both in looks and setup.

let's hope something changes. The looks will definately change if it comes to production. It will need headlights.

As of now, I'm pretty disappointed.

wow....so far, a serious letdown...I never would have sold my current baby, and this reinforces that feeling....YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got out of the conference. I can tell you it's an impressive car in person. they confirmed that:

1) There will be another NSX
2) It will be front engined.
3) It will be a V10
4) It will have SH-AWD.

Here is the best shot I have from the conference. I'll be uploading the video coverage this evening.

click for hi-res:

While the concept is quite sleek and attractive, it doesn't measure up to our high expectations. Front engine design is a letdown. Again, it is no NSX. It also appears to be far from production, two years at least. Honda says there will be an update to the concept at the Tokyo auto show in the fall.
Happy about the V-10, though!

I just got out of the conference. I can tell you it's an impressive car in person. they confirmed that:

1) There will be another NSX
2) It will be front engined.
3) It will be a V10
4) It will have SH-AWD.

Here is the best shot I have from the conference. I'll be uploading the video coverage this evening.

click for hi-res:

Do you mean by your bullet points that the new NSX will be front engined/v-10/SH-AWD or that they confirmed there will be a new nsx and then the car that is showed is front engined/v10/awd??

Defenetly no NSX, but I still like it. I wonder if it will be a 4 seater. I predict it will do 190 MPH.

Cheers,

AR

comquat1 said:
Do you mean by your bullet points that the new NSX will be front engined/v-10/SH-AWD or that they confirmed there will be a new nsx and then the car that is showed is front engined/v10/awd??

Exactly what I was asking to myself!

But I don't expect anything from Honda that would be a real NSX successor, so my sportscar money will go into Italian pockets.

To be honest I am very disappointed and it is so unexplainable ... In fact, it does prove Honda failed and Ferrari won ...

It's like that if only Honda doesn't know that every car enthousiast are looking for an NSX 2 ...

We already have this car out, its called an M6.

Honestly though, it looks more like a C7 than a NSX.

Back