• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner. 1994 Formula Red/ Black Int. Automatic

I finally pulled the trigger (shouldn't say that as a cop), and purchased a 94 Formula Red w/ Black int automatic. Yes it has 133k miles. The purest will scoff at the automatic, but my back can't handle a clutch and stick shift anymore. I had it shipped from Los Angeles to my home in Miami. It arrived yesterday. Immediately have some issues but I don't mind. The Temp gauge shoots all the way up when cold and the I have to fight with the key occasionally to start. It has an aftermarket exhaust and intake. I will focus on maintenance first, even though the previous owner sent me 55 pages of work history. I will do my research on here before I ask any questions. If your in Miami (Cutler Bay) lets meet up so I can pick your brain. So freakin happy!!!!

I finally pulled the trigger (shouldn't say that as a cop), and purchased a 94 Formula Red w/ Black int automatic. Yes it has 133k miles. The purest will scoff at the automatic, but my back can't handle a clutch and stick shift anymore. I had it shipped from Los Angeles to my home in Miami. It arrived yesterday. Immediately have some issues but I don't mind. The Temp gauge shoots all the way up when cold and the I have to fight with the key occasionally to start. It has an aftermarket exhaust and intake. I will focus on maintenance first, even though the previous owner sent me 55 pages of work history. I will do my research on here before I ask any questions. If your in Miami (Cutler Bay) lets meet up so I can pick your brain. So freakin happy!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! I have a 91 Automatic so I won't flame you for not having a stick. Lucky you, I had no work history on my car other than what Carfax had listed which wasn't much for my car. Immediately, it seems like you may need to replace the steering switch, 35130-SL0-003 , these are known to go bad after quite some time. Acurapartsforless.com sells it for $58 and if you enter code "5NSX" you can get an extra 5% off. Justin over there is great to deal with. Really a nice guy. You may also want to consider the main relay assembly, 39400-SL0-003, $89.64 located behind the passenger seat, this part is known to fail do to age (solder cracks) that can cause the NSX to shut down randomly! Check your maintenance records and see if any of these parts were replaced. If not, I HIGHLY recommend you do them. I did an extremely extensive overhaul this past Fall, (ALL OEM PARTS from acurapartsforless.com) and most recently, I did the 02 ABS upgrade. I ordered the ABS parts from various vendors and would be happy to help you out if you need any assistance acquiring parts or DIY questions. Feel free to private message me, I promise not to flame you as some members(very few though) like to. Welcome to the club!

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome! And I recommend taking the advice of AcruaNSX, replace the ignition switch and main relay. Not too expensive and certainly due on a 133K mile car if they haven't been done. This forum is a great resource for information.

Congrats! I'm sure some Miami guys will jump in, but there is a small group of us on the West Coast (Naples/Fort Myers) that try to get together every few months. Prime is a great place to post questions as well.

Its nice that honda made an auto ....you have the paddle shifters?

that's alright you still have a decent power to weight ratio as modern cars temper their increased base HP with bloat..

Congrats to you! Nothing wrong with an automatic - heck, no one in traffic would usually even be able to tell. And I'll bet you have some traffic in greater Miami. :wink:

A manual doesn't go any faster than an automatic in stop and go traffic. As a 6 speed owner there have been more than a few times when an auto would have been appealing. If the auto has been well maintained I am thinking that most manual owners will have dealt with a clutch replacement long before you will have to deal with a maintenance issue on the auto.

Believe me with Miami traffic...Auto is just fine. Plus my back appreciates it too.

haha you can cruise in your 3.0 girlies on standby waitin just to say hi....

no I kept on.....

the block was dead yo....

Back