• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner Intro - Brief Purchase Story

Hi Prime Members:

My apologies for posting an intro so late, but as of 11/23/14, I'm a new NSX owner!

Since the late 70's, I've owned American muscle cars, various passenger cars and trucks. Over the past decade, I've been a truck guy, but have always been interested in buying a nice sports car. Out of the corner of my eye, I've been looking for an NSX, since an associate of mine mentioned the car about 8-10 years ago.

After all those years, the stars finally aligned and I bought a Formula Red 1995 NSX-T off of Ebay.

As odd, or stupid, as it seems, I found the car across the nation from me on an Ebay auction. The NSX was in NY, I am in AZ. I've never dealt with an Ebay car auction, car shipping or buying a car sight-unseen.

All seemed legit with the banks, seller and transport broker, so I wired the funds to the seller in late October. The NSX was scheduled to arrive within about 10 days.

After the car was "dispatched" from NYC, multiple bizarre delays were encountered. After the second delay, I was almost certain the car might not exist, or perhaps, the mayor of Small Town Mexico was the new owner. After 26 days, the car finally arrived at my home. Man, what a relief!

What a car! I've never driven anything like it. It's quick and somewhat fast with a sexy design to stand the test of time. When I take her out for a short spin, it always turns into a loooong spin.:)

Enough rambling. Thank you Prime for the multitude of information regarding this awesome supercar. Your info helped me to make an informed decision before finally pulling the trigger on a great automobile.

Dave

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 109
Great looking NSX - love the solid red color! Wow, 26 days would have killed me :confusion: --- Its a great automobile, and worth the wait. Cheers and congrats Dave!

welcome,i also bought a 95 and had it shipped across the country,although mine came on time.that must have been agonizing.it's a great car, you will enjoy it.if you want to know more about 95's specifically,pm me your phone number and we can talk.

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the warm welcome.

The first order of business is to figure out why the "check brake lamp" light occasionally comes on. I've noted that this is a common issue.

After that, I'd like to "upgrade" wheels to 17"/18" and improve the brakes and suspension.

Thanks for the chat offer, robbiedawg. I'll shoot you a PM.

so we lost an nsx in the NY area ugh. congrats on the purchase and good luck with it. welcome to the club

Congratulations, Dave, and welcome. From one AZ NSX owner to another. Look forward to seeing you at future get-togethers.

If you happen to want to drive up to the PHX area on this weekend, there's a meet at Science of Speed in Chandler on Saturday at 11 a.m.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1105550-new-years-meet-2015/

Nice looking NSX!

Last edited:
You folks are too cool!

4cruzin: Thanks for the heads-up re the SOS gathering. I'd do it, but I just got back from Phoenix.

It looks like the Phoenix area has some nice NSX gatherings. I will have to become more informed on the dates, as I'd love to join in on the fun.

For now, I'm planning on attending the next cars and coffee gathering in Tucson at La Encantada (January 10, 2015). It would be great to see some NSX's and their owners there!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Dave

Back