• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new pics of the Bimmer

Check it out. This is what I traded in the IS350 for. I am not by any means giving up on a NSX.

They aren't the greatest photos but I will redo them this weekend.

P4210043.jpg

P4210042.jpg

P4190038.jpg

Congrats, such an upgrade compared to IS350.

I recommend these cost effective mods:
1.2" drop front and 1" drop rear $Depends
Golf tee mod, disable the exhaust valve for sound $0
black window trim $120
shadow 335i rear emblem $20
clear or painted reflectors $60
Gunmetal wheels $0 (just drive it, it will be covered with brake dust in no time and turn into gunmetal color:cool:)

Any plans for mods yet? Dinan stage I reflash at the BMW dealer will get you about ~400hp while maintaining the warranty. Stage II with exhaust and intake is almost out.

I am breaking in the engine and then doing the Dinan flash and exhaust setup. I hope they have stage 2 out by that time.

That is one hideous car. Did you get it because you lost a bet? :)
Things are so bad in Germany that they had to clone a Dodge Neon?

adbmw1series.jpg

Gorgeous car. A friend of mine has one. The twin turbo six feels great. I must say though, his has been in and out of the shop with the usual host of german electrical problems that always seem to accompany these cars. But hey, that's why you have an NSX as well..:biggrin:

These cars are capable of low 12's without much fuss from what I have seen. The engine is a beast I must say. I love it so far. It is quite different than my IS350 actually. The suspension is much stiffer.

Congrats on the new car. Now od yourself a big favor and contact Shiv at Vishnu Performance. Forget the Dinan chip. Trust me, look into the Procede tune with Vishnu Performance. You will not regret it at all.

The website is www.vishnutuning.com

Probably the only BMW I would consider too! When you do get the NSX, try to keep her otherwise you WILL miss the power and end up boosting your NSX.

I will probably have to at least supercharge my NSX when I get her. I want the car to be at least that fast. I like the CTSC kit for it. I rode in one and liked the powerband it had. The Bimmer has much more short gears than the NSX does. That was one thing I noticed right off the bat.

As for the Procede chip, well it will void the warranty right away and the new ECU's will show the addition of that piggyback when you take it in to the dealer. I have been warned by the service department about that. Dinan still has the warranty afterwards which is huge. Even if it doesn't do the same amount of HP it at least it is covered by the dealer. I like the V2 from what I Have seen but I don't like risking blowing up of my engine.

I will probably have to at least supercharge my NSX when I get her. I want the car to be at least that fast. I like the CTSC kit for it. I rode in one and liked the powerband it had. The Bimmer has much more short gears than the NSX does. That was one thing I noticed right off the bat.

As for the Procede chip, well it will void the warranty right away and the new ECU's will show the addition of that piggyback when you take it in to the dealer. I have been warned by the service department about that. Dinan still has the warranty afterwards which is huge. Even if it doesn't do the same amount of HP it at least it is covered by the dealer. I like the V2 from what I Have seen but I don't like risking blowing up of my engine.

The Procede is nota chip. It is a complete plug in play unit, no splicing. So, if you need to head into the dealer, you can just remove it. Give Shiv a call and chit chat with him about it. Also, feel free to compare its results with other options out there. I think you will be pretty happy with the results :biggrin:

On a side note, we have a Procede tuner here in Nashville, that does tunes on the 335 series twin turbos. He is good friends with Shiv, and I have not heard of a single problem with any of his customers cars.

It is just another option for you to take a peek at.

Thanks,
Nathan

I live in Vegas so I would need someone here that knows how to install those piggybacks. I have read that some owners have installed that Procede system and the dealer knew even after it was pulled to go in for service. I don't know how legit this was but that is a concern for me. The price doesn't make sense either. It appears to be beyond $2k bucks and it still doesn't get covered under warranty. I would rather take a Dinan flash and get the warranty.

Update: I just tried calling both of their phone numbers and nobody picked up the phone either time. What gives?

Last edited:
I live in Vegas so I would need someone here that knows how to install those piggybacks. I have read that some owners have installed that Procede system and the dealer knew even after it was pulled to go in for service. I don't know how legit this was but that is a concern for me. The price doesn't make sense either. It appears to be beyond $2k bucks and it still doesn't get covered under warranty. I would rather take a Dinan flash and get the warranty.

Update: I just tried calling both of their phone numbers and nobody picked up the phone either time. What gives?

You are correct....That computer stores all...and the DATA can be read on from the key-- HEck they know if you changed the rims....

My wife batt kept failing in the 645.....They printed out a report that showed us how many times she cranked it....

Nice Car...thinking of trading 645 vert in for it...Since my wife never drives it...

My Partner had 22 inch rims on his 745.....Hit a pot hole and the I drive display cracked.....can you say 3500---They didnt honor the warranty. The active suspension is set to work with 18 - 21 inch rims...

Back