• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Server Issue Thread

Please report any problems you encounter here.

The one I am aware of immediately is that the wiki is broken. I'll work on it ASAP.

Lud, were any PM's lost? Reason I asked is that earlier today, I was logged in but had the session minimized. When I clicked on the tab (Firefox) to come back to Prime, I got a pop-up saying I had a PM from Charlee but when I clicked to open it, I got the screen that said you were in the process of transitioning and to check back later. When I did so, there was no new PM in my Notifications list. No biggie as I can always ask him if he sent me one, just curious as to if that might have possibly happened. Thanks again for all you do---

It should not have lost any messages or PMs because I closed the forums several minutes before starting the final data move. I know for certain that as soon as I do that it won't let someone post a message even if they started writing the message before I close the forums.

I am not familiar enough with the technical bits of how the PM system handles the same situation; perhaps it still lets people send in-progress PMs. If so that is a bug in my opinion. There could also be a design flaw where it sends the notification before it actually sends the PM. Or maybe there was something else going on.

It'd be interesting to hear from Charlee as to whether he sent a PM then, and if so whether he got any error message or it seemed to go through, and if so whether it's still in his out box.

The move seems to have gone reasonably well. I have still only found one thing broken - the wiki software. It was always kind of fragile so I'm guessing it doesn't like the new version of some component it's running on with the new server. I will focus on fixing it tomorrow.

If anyone finds anything else broken please let me know ASAP, otherwise I'm going to decommission the old server in a couple days so I can stop paying double hosting.

Decode the NSX vin Wiki is one i have tried. but your already know about it.

Found a possible new issue...

When uploading a new avatar using the "browse" your PC option, the system returns an "Invalid File" message.
Same message when trying to upload avatar using http option.

Last edited:
The NSX Wiki is working again, at least to serve pages. I'll test it more thoroughly later this afternoon (editing/uploading/etc.)

I tried to upload a photo as a thread attachment. Got...

"This is not a valid image file." I tried a bmp, jpg, and gif.. all the same error.

Is anyone else having this issue?

the site does seem to load faster and switch between pages quicker.:cool:

Found a possible new issue...

When uploading a new avatar using the "browse" your PC option, the system returns an "Invalid File" message.
Same message when trying to upload avatar using http option.

and

I tried to upload a photo as a thread attachment. Got...

"This is not a valid image file." I tried a bmp, jpg, and gif.. all the same error.

Is anyone else having this issue?

These were both caused by the same issue. I believe it is now fixed. Thanks for the alert, I hadn't noticed that a graphics library vBulletin uses for these functions wasn't loaded on the new server.

I'm afraid there is nothing I can do unless someone with a playbook can identify the problem, since it does not seem to exist on any other platform and I do not have a playbook to reproduce / troubleshoot it.
FWIW, I had the same problem on my wife's IPAD when I tested it the same day as this post but I forgot to post my results .. may be fixed now. Some parts of the site were ok but the good stuff took forever to load.

FWIW, I had the same problem on my wife's IPAD when I tested it the same day as this post but I forgot to post my results .. may be fixed now. Some parts of the site were ok but the good stuff took forever to load.

Mid day / early afternoon on Dec 28 I was messing with the server, so any issues that day were probably related to that.

Anyone having issuse with your NSX Prime Emails not hyperlinking? I used to be able to click on the link from the email to the thread in outlook. Not anymore.

Any suggestions?

Lately I have been getting error messages from cloudfare when using explorer:

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

This does not happen with safari or firefox. Every time explorer gives me the offline message I can still access the site on my ipad.

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

This does not happen with safari or firefox. Every time explorer gives me the offline message I can still access the site on my ipad.

I had that happen yesterday in FireFox. I thought the site was down. Was it actually down?

Sounds like your browser is caching the Cloudflare page and not updating once the site is back up. It was down briefly last night.

The Cloudflare page gives you a link to re-try the live site. Try that, or forcing a refresh of the page, or clearing your browser cache. One or all of those should work, depending how well IE is designed.

Back