• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Server Issue Thread

Sounds like your browser is caching the Cloudflare page and not updating once the site is back up. It was down briefly last night.

The Cloudflare page gives you a link to re-try the live site. Try that, or forcing a refresh of the page, or clearing your browser cache One or all of those should work, depending how well IE is designed.

Tried first two with no success. Will try thIrd tonite

I've been getting a lot of "website offline" pages, and today after I logged in it kept bouncing me back to the login page and going blank. I've also noticed that the site is slower than normal. This happens on my computers at home and work, including my iPad's.

I noticed the site has been a lot slower than normal today. Images taking a long time to load. All on my PC.

It's a combination of a surge in search traffic and the fact that WordPress seems to be a memory hog. Almost all the search traffic is hitting the front page, which is now running on WordPress, so each person launches a web server process that sucks up a ton of memory. I've been trying to tweak stuff since the commercial aired during the super bowl last night. I think it's finally becoming more usable, but I still need to mess with it some more.

It's a combination of a surge in search traffic and the fact that WordPress seems to be a memory hog. Almost all the search traffic is hitting the front page, which is now running on WordPress, so each person launches a web server process that sucks up a ton of memory. I've been trying to tweak stuff since the commercial aired during the super bowl last night. I think it's finally becoming more usable, but I still need to mess with it some more.

You can increase the amount of memory allocated to WP. I had to do it for a site I used. That sped it up. I don't remember how I did it though.

You can increase the amount of memory allocated to WP. I had to do it for a site I used. That sped it up. I don't remember how I did it though.

WP using too much memory appears to be the problem. How will giving it more memory help? Won't it just page to disk more?

Not sure if this a new server issue, WP, or even my local browser.

I'm having refresh issues with NSXprime.com. Clicking on the 'User CP', or 'New Post' links or most other internal links are not refreshing if it's a link I clicked on before. It's showing an old cached copy. I have to hit F5 in order for the content to refresh. Clicking on new threads/links works just fine.

Again, not sure if this is a Google Chrome issue or something with the site.

Just fyi...

Not sure if this a new server issue, WP, or even my local browser.

I'm having refresh issues with NSXprime.com. Clicking on the 'User CP', or 'New Post' links or most other internal links are not refreshing if it's a link I clicked on before. It's showing an old cached copy. I have to hit F5 in order for the content to refresh. Clicking on new threads/links works just fine.

Again, not sure if this is a Google Chrome issue or something with the site.

Just fyi...

Since last night I configured some more aggressive caching to reduce server memory usage from WordPress. Unfortunately it also impacts the forums. I'll work on tweaking it more when I have time.

I find that if I try to sign on with Firefox it will accept my name and password, thank me, and then log me off again. No problem with IE9 just Firefox.

I find that if I try to sign on with Firefox it will accept my name and password, thank me, and then log me off again. No problem with IE9 just Firefox.

I'm having the same problem using a IE8 and Mac OS. What's really strange is that after I log in and it resets me to the login page, if I go to new posts it shows me logged in, but I can post a reply. I need to log out/in again, and then, sometimes I can post a reply, but sometimes I can't.

Another strange thing is that if a thread shows 13 replies, I can see 5 or 6 of the first page. There is something really wacky going on that I can't describe in technical terms.

I was having same issues as above but they seem to have been resolved as of today 2/7

Heres what I'm getting alot of lately:
"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options"

Heres what I'm getting alot of lately:
"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options"

I'm getting this also.

Lately I have been getting error messages from cloudfare when using explorer:

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

This does not happen with safari or firefox. Every time explorer gives me the offline message I can still access the site on my ipad.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157739

Not sure if its a caching issue or redirect issue..... feel free to merge my thread as i didnt see this one in time...

Address lookup

canonical name nsxprime.com.
aliases
addresses 199.27.135.42

Its a dns issue...... one of these records should be removed.

Last edited:
I'm getting this also.

Are people still seeing certificate errors? I never saw them, and I don't use certificates for anything on this site and I don't serve anything through https (at least not intentionally; if there is a config error somewhere I'd like to track it down).

My best guess is that some component on the site (Google Analytics or Adsense) was making calls that generated the certificate errors, but that really shouldn't happen. If it's still happening please give me some more info such as:

Does it happen every page load, or only certain pages (which ones)?

Does it happen in more than one browser? Which browser and version?

If it resolved itself let me know that too!

Why do you say that one of them should be removed? What is the issue?

Earlier hitting nsxprime.com without the WWW failed and showed the cloud message but now its working... i'm at work now so maybe its an issue from home. I'll let you know. thx

I did notice that i'm no longer getting any emails from nsxprime when I have a new PM or replied thread...... anyone else seeing this issue?

I did notice that i'm no longer getting any emails from nsxprime when I have a new PM or replied thread...... anyone else seeing this issue?

Probably a good place to start is the fact that the domain name for your registered email address recently expired. :wink:

I'm happy to report that I've had no issues on my PC, iMac, iPad, and Android for the past few weeks. You must have done something or tweaked the system a little bit and now the site seems to be working great for me.

Thanks. I was going to have to enter an anger management program if the problems continued. :smile:

I just noticed today that when using Firefox, the Icon is missing beside the URL. When I mouse over it, it says "this website does not supply identity information". I'm positive it wasn't doing this 2 days ago as I often click on this Icon and drag it onto my desktop to save links I want to go back to. If I use IE, I'm able to do this .. but not with Firefox. Does anyone else have this issue?

Back