• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New (to me) 1991 NSX. Service in San Diego

All, Thanks for keeping this site alive and well for people like me! Great place for knowledgable enthusiasts and helped me out a lot in my search for a car.

I was lucky enough to get an excellent condition stock 1991 NSX with only 21,000 miles. All service was at Hoen Acura in San Diego area. I live in San Diego, but its a bit of a drive to get up to Hoen.
The car was kept in climate controlled garage and driven intermittently. All of the weather sealing and rubber pieces look like new condition.

I have the complete service history and I found that the car has never had (1) timing belt, (2) water pump, (3) brake fluid/high pressure hose, (4) coolant, or (5) fuel filter replaced.
On my visual inspection of the timing belt, it looks brand new and there is no real evidence of wear.

Would pretty much every one do these services now? (car is 26 years old! but looks new) And if getting this done in San Diego are there any particular places to get these done?

THANKS!

All, Thanks for keeping this site alive and well for people like me! Great place for knowledgable enthusiasts and helped me out a lot in my search for a car.

I was lucky enough to get an excellent condition stock 1991 NSX with only 21,000 miles. All service was at Hoen Acura in San Diego area. I live in San Diego, but its a bit of a drive to get up to Hoen.
The car was kept in climate controlled garage and driven intermittently. All of the weather sealing and rubber pieces look like new condition.

I have the complete service history and I found that the car has never had (1) timing belt, (2) water pump, (3) brake fluid/high pressure hose, (4) coolant, or (5) fuel filter replaced.
On my visual inspection of the timing belt, it looks brand new and there is no real evidence of wear.

Would pretty much every one do these services now? (car is 26 years old! but looks new) And if getting this done in San Diego are there any particular places to get these done?

THANKS!

Congrats!

I along with everyone else here will tell you to go to see Ramon at Niguel Motors. Niguel Motors in Laguna Niguel and Autowave in Huntington Beach are the only two universally trusted options for NSXers in Southern California.

Congrats!

I along with everyone else here will tell you to go to see Ramon at Niguel Motors. Niguel Motors in Laguna Niguel and Autowave in Huntington Beach are the only two universally trusted options for NSXers in Southern California.

Thanks! Called Ramon, he said it would be about 1-2 months wait because he is so busy with NSX's.
This was exactly what I wanted. I feel a lot better knowing that the person working on the car does this all the time and is familiar with the car's nuances.

When I called Hoen Acura the said that they would need a week to order the parts and that it had "been a while since they've done a water pump and belt on an NSX"

Thanks for the recommendation!

. . . found that the car has never had (1) timing belt, (2) water pump, (3) brake fluid/high pressure hose, (4) coolant, or (5) fuel filter replaced.

I would avoid driving the car until you get that timing belt replaced. Basically you have a ticking time bomb on your hands. A 26 year old timing belt regardless of mileage needs to be replaced ASAP. Also make sure you replace all 23 coolant hoses when you do the coolant replacement.

Randy at RMT Motorsports in Yorba Linda services my Ferrari and used to be an NSX Tech at Weir Canyon Acura right down the road from his shop. I took the 93 i just bought to him two weeks about. He swapped the Water Pump, Drive Belts, Timing Belt and gave the car a real lookover all around and pointed out every little detail. He can easily do your services. Cost was with tax and everything $1850. He has everything up there from classic Ferrari's to 488's to Bentleys, etc. I would not hesitate to see him. People trailer their cars in from out of state. He's very reasonable, honest and even lets me bring my own parts if i want

Call Nick at Applied Motorsports in Vista.

Exclusive NSX services....its all he works on.

tell him Mark sent you.

Back