• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nopi, HIN show at motor speedway

So what do you guys think of this show? I came down when it was still NOPI nationals but that ended. The show is at atlanta motor speedway so that is only hope i see that it might be a big show again. Any of you guys heard any buzz around the show?

Personally I dont see it being big at all. Nopi completely fizzled out and the last 2 years or so of HIN were horrible IMO... The whole tuner scene is pretty much gone, replaced by more exotics and modern muscle cars.

I went to the last NOPI show where they tried to revive it at the congress center.

It was pretty lame. Mostly just a bunch of junk cars and not very many at that.

However I think a lot of that had to do with people were waiting to see how the first year went after they went bust.

If it were me and I had to travel to get here I would probably sit this one out and wait to see how it goes. I am sure several of us locally will go check it out and report back.

Personally i think it might take 3 years to get back to its former glory but I am not sure how many people will show up for it this year.

Hope this helps guys, i enjoyed myself but everything isn't for everybody.

Attachments

• DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00041.jpg
    DSC00041.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00209.jpg
    DSC00209.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 61
  • scionXP.jpg
    scionXP.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 59
  • rdPONY.jpg
    rdPONY.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 59
  • MASERATI.jpg
    MASERATI.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 56
  • HONDAhtchbk.jpg
    HONDAhtchbk.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 48
  • PETERP.jpg
    PETERP.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC09995.jpg
    DSC09995.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 69
  • org69camaro.jpg
    org69camaro.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00181.jpg
    DSC00181.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 71
Are those pics from 2008 or 2009? The HIN seen has been played out some what but I'm still a car guy who likes to see "art"

I know they are trying to make this event huge once again.

I know NOPI burned a lot of sponsors who will never give them another dime so the new sponsors are more corporate like AirTran, The Marines and Mazda.

The event is earlier than usual being the weekend of July 31 and Aug 1.

I will most likey go seeing how it is in our backyard.

2010 HIN/NOPI Supershow Tour

I hope you all can make it out to the shows.

HINNOPI-2010-500x377.jpg

HIN NOPI Website

2010 HIN/NOPI Supershow Tour Schedule

July 2/3 (Friday/Saturday) • Boston area – Epping, NH • New England Dragway
July 24-25 (Saturday/Sunday) • New York City area - Englishtown, NJ • Old Bridge Township Raceway Park
July 31/August 1 (Saturday/Sunday) • Atlanta area - Hampton, GA • Atlanta Motor Speedway
August 14-15 (Saturday/Sunday) • Miami area - Homestead, FL • Homestead-Miami Speedway
August 21-22 (Saturday/Sunday) • Los Angeles area – Anaheim, CA • Angel Stadium
September 18-19 (Saturday/Sunday) • Las Vegas, NV • Las Vegas Motor Speedway
September 25-26 (Saturday/Sunday) • Chicago, IL • Soldier Field

Well type in Ladypaula in the promocode when you purchase your tickets via online and you get $5.00 off every adult ticket purchased!
http://hinnopi.com/index.php?vn=TIX01
hope that helps!

code good for any of the super tour posted dates for 2010, so pass the word around to your friends, even if they are going to another show

I went to the last NOPI show where they tried to revive it at the congress center.

Actually it wasn't NOPI, that was some other company trying to take over the date

It was pretty lame. Mostly just a bunch of junk cars and not very many at that.
Because it wasn't done by NOPI (IMO) But there were some nice ones. It was the first time I saw an R35 in person.

However I think a lot of that had to do with people were waiting to see how the first year went after they went bust.
The company didn't actually go bust, I still buy parts there all the time, but you're right, they did scale the shows down alot!

If it were me and I had to travel to get here I would probably sit this one out and wait to see how it goes. I am sure several of us locally will go check it out and report back.
Sounds like a plan, I'll be there!

Personally i think it might take 3 years to get back to its former glory but I am not sure how many people will show up for it this year.

Why do you say 3? because 2 is too quick in your opinion? The scene is always evolving, remember back in the day when it was all Honda Civics and a few Integras, then it became ALL hondas and a few other makes, then the drifting thing came big and the 240 became all the rage? it's always changing, and always will. Gotta love it!

Back