• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NOPI Nationals Replacement

you really cant go anywhere in ATL area with the NSX..
the roads are usually awful. (pot holes)
I am really not familiar with the roads to where I can go and where I can't..
Moreover, The turbo Setup I have don't allow me to drive in the rain..
Its fine for like sprinkles here and there but, Dont want to take a chance on heavy showers going to or comming from.

how does the presence of a turbo affect the cars ability to drive in the rain:confused: Bald tires would be the only real issue.

how does the presence of a turbo affect the cars ability to drive in the rain:confused: Bald tires would be the only real issue.

I can't speak with sivernsx but trypically with a Turbo NSX, it has an airfilter on it and depending on how and where that airfilter is positioned, if water gets into it, might destroy the Turbo.

I can't speak with sivernsx but trypically with a Turbo NSX, it has an airfilter on it and depending on how and where that airfilter is positioned, if water gets into it, might destroy the Turbo.

IF a car forced or naturally aspirated sucks up water it will crack the block or bend a valve.. bending a valve is a little easier to fix but, will leave you stranded.
My turbo is under the trunk of the car, but thats not very high off the ground.
6 to 8" max I might say.
It is one of my turbo's setup downfall..
I have considered on taking it up there somewhere and get a dyno reading..
any suggestions?

the potholes in atlanta arent a big deal as long as you dont drive down through the middle of down town. other than that its about the same here as it is anywhere else.

for dyno you can take it to balanced performance of battleground. both require some notice however to setup an appointment. If I have said it once ill say it a 1,000 more times. Dont take it to TOPSPEED hahah. Bunch of fuggrs.

I think so people are rolling in on Friday and some on Saturday.

Are most people registered for the inside or outside?

Pj,

Don't forget you promised me first rights to your old Taitec exhuast. Call me or PM me. :wink:

Sorry that you could'nt make the show this year...... Next year my friend. Tell the Mrs. I said hello.

Later,
Romeo

well i have the distinction of being the firs to say this years NOPI show absolutely blew.

I have seen better gatherings at the varsity.

But why did it suck you might ask. In a nutshell there were no vendors, unless you count the guy selling flashing leds that attach via tape to your wheels as wheel bling.

There were no company show cars, no food to speak of, the show was split into inside and outside. the outside looked mostly like a used car lot while the inside wasnt a whole lot better. the inside was split in half with one side having the lights turned on and the other side they were off.

The famed swimsuit competition only had 10 contenders. the music coming off of the stage was bouncing off the walls inside and sounded like crap and made it difficult to talk to people.

And the most heinous of faux paus was there was no corporate sponsored ass. Nothing nada zip. no hot models walking around and hardly any hot attendes.

Then of course other than Alex there were no nsx's either. In fact alex was 1 of only 3 exotic cars there. The others being a lotus and some other car i cant remember the name of.

One might say that if the NOPI nationals represented the pinnacle of car shows in past years it now represents the bottom of the barrel in home brew car gatherings.

It was truly a dissapointing day for everyone. Ill give it one more shot next year and see if its any better. But if next year is a repeat of this year then may NOPI RIP.'

Last edited:
Ditto.

Sorry that I did not have time to show mine, but then again, I am glad I did not spend the whole day. Mostly miss seeing 15-20 NSX's in a bunch and you guys.

We have to give the organizers some leeway because they had do little time to put this together and in a new venue as well! I can't blame the show for the lack of sponsors though... they tried but I guess they were skeptical of the new format and wanted to see how it goes. I agree that we should publicly state we will give it another shot next year so that the vendors feel that their investment will be worth it.

Paul

Wow, thanks for the heads up guys.
I honestly didn't think it was going to be quite that bad.
I guess once word got out that the true NOPI show was off and it took a few weeks for this little thing to be advertised, most, or all, of the vendors, entrants had already made other plans.
How much $$ did it cost to get in? How many total cars do you think showed up. Was it crowded with cars inside?
I know this is a funny question but by chance did someone take pics?
Did Romeo come?

apparently the issue with the vendors are that they all got screwed on their registration costs when NOPI went bankrupt. They have to pay for thier spot a year in advance so they lost thier money and the nopi guys wouldnt let them setup without paying another registration fee.

Romeo was there as was Alex and myself. No one else showed up.

there was around 100 cars on the inside and 200ish on the outside.

$65 to enter your car or $31/day to see the show.

I did take some pics(less than 30) which ill post up later this week. Normally i blow through 2gbs of photos and 2 tapes of video. other than 10 minutes of video from the bikini contest i have no video from this year.

so roughly 300 cars....that is a FAR cry from where it normally is, as we all know. They used to have that many CIVIC'S!!:eek:
Did they even have a trophy ceremony or anything like that?
Sounds like it was horrendous which is a shame because we all used to really look forward to that show each year.:frown:

Alex,
Were you there both days?
Did they bother giving out trophies or anything?

Yes I was there both days and yes I got second place in "Asian Coupes".

I lost to a Honda Accord 4 door :confused::confused::confused:

My friend got second place in "Mild Civic" with his silver civic with the blue engine bay losing to a Dodge Ram 1500.

So as you can tell, the NOPI judges must have been there in spirit.

Yes I was there both days and yes I got second place in "Asian Coupes".

I lost to a Honda Accord 4 door :confused::confused::confused:

My friend got second place in "Mild Civic" with his silver civic with the blue engine bay losing to a Dodge Ram 1500.

So as you can tell, the NOPI judges must have been there in spirit.

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!
That is SO typical of the judging system at that show. I learned that the first year I attended...never again waste your time worrying with it.
Well, congrats on that 2nd place win...I'm sure you are proud.:biggrin:
What did Romeo bring this year?

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!
That is SO typical of the judging system at that show. I learned that the first year I attended...never again waste your time worrying with it.
Well, congrats on that 2nd place win...I'm sure you are proud.:biggrin:
What did Romeo bring this year?

Modifed G55

Man, sucks to hear that the show didn't turn out nearly as good as what I thought it would be. I sure hope next year will be better... this is the one event I look forward to every year !!!

Romeo, I got you man... I didn't forget about our deal :wink: Have you found the right one yet ?

Back