• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

North NJ/NYC area

Hey guys...first post here...anyone from aronud the GWB?

every sunday a bunch of us routinely go out cruising up 287 and all to "drive the cars like they are meant to be driven" cars are all high end sports cars and we always have a blast... we go to different places ie Hawks landing, Bear mountain, 287, skylinee drive, 7 lakes drive, etc...
http://members7.clubphoto.com/rob542165/owner-eeb0-1.phtml

if anyone is ever interested in getting together with some c5's vipers, porsches ferrari's, and supra just let me know
smile.gif

I love the idea of a group of enthusiasts going for a drive together,,, but how do you balance the testosterone level with safety,and with the local troopers? I say this because really the only place to really drive em like they were meant to be is on a track.Cruising is another thing entirely.Thats the one advantage of same make group drives like nsxpo.Less possing and rivelry.

------------------

Hello,

Sounds like a fun time, let me know what the schedule is like with everyone, I am always down to go, I also can add a few Supra's, S2000's andrx-7's as well.

Ken

------------------
1992 NSX #00015 w/Mod's
1993 Integra Turbo/DFI 550 hp (just sold)
1992 Civic 4 dr 300 hp NOS 97'98' Fastest East Coast G.G.(just sold)
1994 Delsol 350hp NOS
2000 TL w/Mod's new addition =)

"Just can't leave anything STOCK =)"

Ken Ichikawa
Newtyp Tuning

Originally posted by docjohn:
I love the idea of a group of enthusiasts going for a drive together,,, but how do you balance the testosterone level with safety,and with the local troopers? I say this because really the only place to really drive em like they were meant to be is on a track.Cruising is another thing entirely.Thats the one advantage of same make group drives like nsxpo.Less possing and rivelry.

A couple of additional issues have arisen over the years of our group drives at NSXPO. One is the disparity between drivers who want to drive as fast as possible, vs those who wish to maintain a more conservative pace. The latter found the drives to be uncomfortable and unpleasant when the pace was set by the former and they felt forced to keep up. The second issue, in the event that any accidents occurred, is that of potential financial and/or legal liability, by the NSX Club as well as the individual organizers. (And, it hardly needs to be said, that any accidents would be a VERY VERY BAD THING for anyone involved, which could be innocent bystanders as well as our own participants.) For all of these reasons, we have structured and organized our group drives at NSXPO using group leaders with strict instructions NOT to drive any faster than other traffic.

all issues are valid but not prevalent in our case...

our cruises are on sunday when traffic is minimal and we only really open it up and do pulls against each other when the traffic is gone...we have motorola walkie talkies so if we are really going to drive hard we send a scout up a few miles to make sure the coast is clear while we take up the lanes and slow down to 50 mph so we have nothing but cop free open highway ahead of us...
As far as the slow guys slowing up the fast guys, this can be solved by the guys that dont like to drive fast dont come
smile.gif

We always drive with saftey in mind and only open it up where and when conditions allow.

As far as the cops are concerned not only do we have PBA cards, but some of the drivers are themselves cops
biggrin.gif
(that is histocally noted to be more effective then PBA cards)

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
A couple of additional issues have arisen over the years of our group drives at NSXPO. One is the disparity between drivers who want to drive as fast as possible, vs those who wish to maintain a more conservative pace. The latter found the drives to be uncomfortable and unpleasant when the pace was set by the former and they felt forced to keep up. The second issue, in the event that any accidents occurred, is that of potential financial and/or legal liability, by the NSX Club as well as the individual organizers. (And, it hardly needs to be said, that any accidents would be a VERY VERY BAD THING for anyone involved, which could be innocent bystanders as well as our own participants.) For all of these reasons, we have structured and organized our group drives at NSXPO using group leaders with strict instructions NOT to drive any faster than other traffic.

Which is why the NSXPO2002 organizing committee is considering a fun alternative that should please everyone... look for details when the NSXPO Itinerary and Invitation is formally announced.

EDR

Back