• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NYC/NJ/CT NSX Technician who can fix windows

We have a 93 black NSX, just bought, couldnt be happier, we already brought it to Limerock for a session (beginners) and had a blast. We drove it there, drove it on the track, drove it home, no issues. One problem we do have with the car is the windows are slow to go up, not so much a problem getting them down. There is a lot of information on what to do if you have a problem with your windows, so much info that it looks like it MIGHT be easier to bring it somewhere and have someone look at it. Acura dealeships are usually expensive and it doesnt always mean they do the best job. Does someone have the name of a mechanic in the NYC/NJ/CT area that can, at an affordable fair price, look at and fix my windows?

Im assuming it's not the regulator, maybe it's that thingy part (which I have for both doors) so a mechanic that knows how to properly take apart the door, clean and lube all necessary parts, hey maybe rebuild regulators, and put everything back together working is what I am looking for.

Does anyone know of a person who fits that description in my area? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much again NSXPrime!

Michael

Hey thanks fellas, I really appreciate you replying to my post, problem is, does this guy live and work out of Redmon WA? If so I am as far away as one can be, well almost, I was looking for someone in the NYC/NJ/CT, anyone you recommend?

thanks again

mike

Larry lives and works in Warwick, NY which is in Orange County, about an hour or so outside of the city. He is also the President of the NSXCA.

Mike,

NSX tech Benny at Davis Acura fixed my window problem. I was getting my timing belt done with them and they didn't charge me anything for fixing the window. Davis Acura is located in PA...about 1.5 hr from NYC.

2051 East Lincoln Highway
Langhorne, PA 19047

Hey thanks fellas, I really appreciate you replying to my post, problem is, does this guy live and work out of Redmon WA? If so I am as far away as one can be, well almost, I was looking for someone in the NYC/NJ/CT, anyone you recommend?

thanks again

mike

Ha Ha No, you were thinking of me..I have a shop in Redmond Wa..Larry is in NY send him a PM he is the best..keep in mind that he will need the car for more than one day ...he is worth it though..:smile:

Hi Michael,
Just reiterating what these guys have already said. If you can take your car to Larry Bastanza without needing a loaner to get home, take it to him. If you do need a loaner, take it to Bernie Blatnick at Davis Acura (I'm sure that's who KingkongNSX meant). Both might be a little further than you wanted to go, but with a special car like the NSX, its hard to put a price on peace-of-mind.

My windows were slow too. I got a full 'window service' for I think $200. That included taking apart the doors, checking, cleaning and lubing everything, and perfectly aligning the glass/cables/tracks so nothing binds going up. I haven't thought about my windows since. I thought it sounded like a lot of money so I lubed the windows myself first, but it barely helped. I think I really needed the alignment most.

Only for the simplest tasks and/or in an emergency, I have taken my baby to Acura of Manhattan. They've been fine for general stuff, but I wouldn't trust them with anything NSX-specific like the inner workings of the doors or the coolant system.

I wonder how many NSXs are in NYC now? We should all get together some day and make a run up to Marcus Dairy or something. Are you going to NSX-Stock? http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86268

Cheers,
-Gregg

Yes, I meant Bernie at Davis Acura. I thought Benny didn't sound right...thanks for correcting me.:biggrin:

mmmm...who is this guy LarryB??:):):)

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, much appreciated.

I am sure we can work out a window fix in an afternoon. Your welcome to, but you may not want to watch me disassemble your door though, not a pretty site LOL:).

Regards,
LarryB

Back