• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Northeast Pensylvania Drive

Save The Date!!
NSX Northeast Pennsylvania Drive
September 7-8

Hello everyone,
Bob Maurer of recent River Run fame is mapping out a drive or two for us in northeast Pennsylvania for the weekend of Sept 7-8.
Hotel for the weekend is the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Towanda Wysox, 1248 Golden Mile Road, Towanda, Pa. 18848, 570-265-5553.
Rendezvous Saturday morning at the Fairfield Inn.
No registration fee; hotel and meals on your own.
More details to come as Bob refines the route(s) and itinerary.

Cheers,

Just a quick update. By next Tuesday evening (August 27th) I should have a complete plan posted for the ride.
Right now I plan to do a ride on Saturday morning/early afternoon and find something for the early evening and then a shorter ride on Sunday morn with people leaving after lunch.
Bob

Sunday I drove to Wysox, PA and south on Rt. 187 and west on Rt. 87 to Folksville where I had lunch. Then I drove south on Rt. 154 to Rt. 220 and Rt. 42 to Eagles Mere and Merritt Field to see the museums. Then I drove Rt. 154 all the way back to Canton, PA and Rt. 414 back to Wysox.
Monday I drove south on Rt. 187 again and then east on Rt. 87 to Rt. 6 and Rt. 11 back to I-81. This route wasn't so goodd so I'm open to other suggestions. Please post them here and let me know who is planning to attend. Each person will have to make their own hotel reservations at the Fairfield in Wysox.

A little bird has told me that Mr. Junkie has found some cool roads since his last post. Bob’s River Run routes are legendary so come join the fun. Carla and I will be there. Need I say more?

The weather looks great for this weekend's NSX Northeast Pennsylvania Drive.
Make your reservations at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Towanda Wysox, 1248 Golden Mile Road, Towanda, Pa. 18848, 570-265-5553
The ride starts at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday - I'm planning to stay over Friday & Saturday nights.

Two items for the Northeast Pennsylvania Drive:

1. Part of the NE Extension of the PA Turnpike will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday night until Monday at 4 a.m. Both directions of travel will be closed on the turnpike’s northeast extension between the Lehigh Valley interchange, Exit 56 and the Mahoning Valley interchange, Exit 74.
https://www.pahomepage.com/top-stories/turnpike-to-be-closed-for-construction-work.

2. Weather - No rain forecast for Friday, Saturday or Sunday - GREAT! :smile:

SpeedJunkie

Last edited:
The weather couldn't be any better for this ride!
Saturday - Partly Cloudy & 72 degrees
Sunday - Partly Cloudy & 69 degrees
It is time to make a commitment for the weekend! :smile::smile::smile:

keep a keen eye out for the local constables on those back roads..

The local constables aren't much of a problem and the roads help to keep your speed down... :smile::smile::smile:

Back