• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Norwood Autocraft

This is a perfect example of why I love having the guys at Norwood work on my car. It is a completely carbon fiber (even the tub) 288 GTO with a five liter, twelve cylinder, twin-turbo motor being shoved into it. The car will weigh in around 2300lb complete and they are expecting a bit over 1200 hp at the wheels on pump gas. They are very good at making things go really fast.

View

------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

View

Norwood knows Porsches. Norwood knows Ferraris. Norwood does not know Japanese autos.

A friend took his 300ZX Twin Turbo to Norwood and the results were less than expected. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Cheers!

Michael.

------------------
1994 300ZX Twin Turbo
JWT intake & ECU
B&B Tri-Flo testpipes & exhaust

Originally posted by mdoan300:
Norwood knows Porsches. Norwood knows Ferraris. Norwood does not know Japanese autos.

A friend took his 300ZX Twin Turbo to Norwood and the results were less than expected. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Cheers!

Michael.

He may not know 300s, but he has a hell of a record with Jap cars - 680 hp land speed record 1.5L MR2, did a lot of the basic tuning on the Jotec car from TX which is one of the fastest Civics in the world, what is probably the highest hp street legal NSX in the states, several 800-1000 hp Supras, and Toyota is negotiating with him to build a couple of Bonneville cars based on their platforms for their marketing efforts. That may not be perfect, but it is good enough for me.

Sorry things didn't work out better for your friend, but I guess that has to happen now and then.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 26 April 2001).]

and don't for get he worked on (built) Sport Compact Car's bad ass project 91 MR2 turbo. By the way, what ever happen to SCC's MR2? They stopped the buildup in the pages of SCC a while ago... what happened?

When all was said and done, my friend wasn't putting down the power he should have been putting down. And there were no hard feelings about it -- my friend knew the risk involved and took it.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, that MR-2 had a slight reliability "impediment."

Cheers!

Michael.

Back