• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 Positives

Don't forget the $7500 federal tax credit for the hybrid. Now it only costs $142500. :biggrin:

HUH?

No gasoline allowed for that deal is my understanding....

BMW i3 plug in electric qualifies, same car w/the 3 cyl range extender gas motor - no rebate here in WA

EDIT:

I was mistaken about the Federal credit....is OK for now I guess.

Mixed it up with the WA State -0- sales tax credit for all electric only - gas/electric no go.

Last edited:
Sorry to be negative, but "positives"? Really? Is this thread a group therapy session to try to make the new "NSX" feel better about itself? EVEN if it were faster than a GTR (which I'm betting it isn't), or as efficient as an i8 (which I'm betting it isn't), or could be compared to the 918 (which is a longshot), EVEN IF it's performance and drivetrain measures up, it's STILL a disappointment. They took the name of a revolutionary, ground breaking car, and, well they ruined it. I'm a big Honda fan, and thinking of "positives" is just being dishonest. Not a good time for Honda sadly.

Sorry to be negative, but "positives"? Really? Is this thread a group therapy session to try to make the new "NSX" feel better about itself? EVEN if it were faster than a GTR (which I'm betting it isn't), or as efficient as an i8 (which I'm betting it isn't), or could be compared to the 918 (which is a longshot), EVEN IF it's performance and drivetrain measures up, it's STILL a disappointment. They took the name of a revolutionary, ground breaking car, and, well they ruined it. I'm a big Honda fan, and thinking of "positives" is just being dishonest. Not a good time for Honda sadly.

I just joined this forum after lurking for several months leading up to the launch. Kudos to Ford for flying under the radar. And, if the FGT wasn't launched, the NSX would've been the star of the show. If the NSX doesn't post some excellent data, it will be a shame and huge black eye for Honda. However, if the data is strong, all will be forgotten and the new platform will quickly gain a place among supercar elites. I've never owned an NSX, but have a deposit on one, with the hope that it will not disappoint. Time will certainly tell, but I'm betting that for the money, the NSX will be a very impressive car.

That's a really stupid way of thinking. "Hey the car can be the most amazing car ever and all but it still sucks because I say so".... looks like the only person who needs a therapy session is you my friend. You are venting because you don't like what Honda made, even though they told us what was the plan for the car 3 years ago. You would think people who didn't like the hybrid flappy paddle supercar idea would of you know accepted reality and come to terms with it by now. They could of been happier by just looking elswhere for their next sportcar/dreamcar and stop hating on Honda for doing what they set out to do 3 years ago. Also I'm genuinely surprised that there are actually some people out there that actually thought Honda was going to make a completely different looking car than what was shown back in 2012... Example "Man, the beak is still there!" Yes genius it is, as stated by Ted K. back in 2012 concept debut....lol
wat.jpg

I'll reserve judgement of the car until I see some reviews and maybe one day drive it. Until then I'll just have to wait and see :).

Last edited:
That's a really stupid way of thinking. "Hey the car can be the most amazing car ever and all but it still sucks because I say so".... looks like the only person who needs a therapy session is you my friend. You are venting because you don't like what Honda made, even though they told us what was the plan for the car 3 years ago. You would think people who didn't like the hybrid flappy paddle supercar idea would of you know accepted reality and come to terms with it by now. They could of been happier by just looking elswhere for their next sportcar/dreamcar and stop hating on Honda for doing what they set out to do 3 years ago. Also I'm genuinely surprised that there are actually some people out there that actually thought Honda was going to make a completely different looking car than what was shown back in 2012... Example "Man, the beak is still there!" Yes genius it is, as stated by Ted K. back in 2012 concept debut....lol
wat.jpg

I'll reserve judgement of the car until I see some reviews and maybe one day drive it. Until then I'll just have to wait and see :).

Here here! What he said ^^

wat.jpg

Well said. I've never seen a car community this self-entitled "why arent they acknowledging the original" "why arent they giving gen 1 owners incentives" "why doesnt it look exactly like the original" "why isn't ayrton senna marketing the car". That is how silly and irrational you guys sound right now. Seriously, if you love your Gen 1 that much and hate the new NSX that much theres a simple solution. Keep driving your car.

I've got several cars, including a brand new Z07 with 41 miles on it. I waited a long time for that car to finally arrive, and while it's a huge leap forward in comparison to my ZR1, I'm just not smitten with it like I am the NSX. I was in college when the NSX first came out and thought it was like a futuristic space craft. When I see an NSX now (which is rare in MN), it still looks pretty damn current.

The only thing that would prevent me from ordering the car, is if the performance metrics were disappointing. But, I'm quite certain that won't be the case.

I'm looking forward to learning a bunch from the experience and knowledge that is here...

My guess is none of the guys whining about the new car can afford one.

To support all of this, if I had the cash, I'd trade my 92 silver in in a heartbeat (but go black on black this time ;)) I love my old gen one and its been good to me, and yes it looks great, but there are signs of age and if you do the spread on where it was versus the new version and a comparable F-car (348/355 to the 438) and take ALL costs into consideration, the new one looks like damn good value and awesome progress.... all it needs to do is compete and be comparable to the Pcar TT, R8 and existing 438 and Honda will have done their job, any more is just gravy. Kudos Honda.. when I saw the 2012 concept it had me giddy all over again, and thats all that matters to me... (OK time to sell some organs...)

^^I think you may be correct there
whats worse is the negative thread is more than double this one what a pack of whinging bastards, its a car ffs, they finally made one if you don't like it love what ya got now and move on.
it wouldn't matter what they made or where or when not everyone will like it, but damn the hate for it on here is amazing yet you go outside the forum or FB page and non owners are going not bad effort lets see what it can do, I don't love the new car but looks OK to me apart from a few points but every car has those I am however looking forward to seeing what it can do and how it develops

My biggest issue... Do you people understand the difference between a "vent" and an "intake"? :rolleyes:

IMHO this car will look amazing rolling down the road, especially after properly massaged with suspension adjustments and a healthy exhaust note. This car has all the potential to be a bonafide 600+whp hyper-car with a proper tune. I am a Honda guy, current NSX owner and I trust Honda has made all the right moves. I want one parked next to my NA1.

Sounds like you need some therapy lol. I subscribe a full 1 hour drive in your NSX.

What really stands out about this new NSX is the restraint that Honda/Acura has shown in the way they've deskgned it. It's easy to take the route where anything is possible. Just tell the designer to be as over the top as you want. It is in fact much harder to create something that has an equal measure sportiness, practicality, and refinement.

One gets the sense that you could drive this car to the office and people won't think you're trying to prove something. It's very similar to what an R8 does, which is to be an understated exotic. People don't hate you for driving an R8 and they don't hate you for driving an NSX, which is not what can be said about Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

I might be in the minority, at least in terms of this forum, but I think this car will do quite well for itself.

This car has all the potential to be a bonafide 600+whp hyper-car with a proper tune.

I'd like to see the look on the faces of Ted Klaus and his NSX engine development team when you tell them their new hybrid driveline needs a "proper tune".
I can imagine a room full of engineers, some of whom undoubtedly have F1 engine experience, surrounded by engine dynos, and millions of $ in equipment with a foolish look on their faces, thinking how did they do such a poor job?

Do you really think you can improve on the intake and exhaust tuning, timing, direct injection pulses?
Or how your new and improved torque curve, that the engineers somehow missed in their testing, will work in concert with 9 gears and three electric motors.

Perhaps you are thinking about a traditional turbo engines where you up the boost, get more power, and away you go.
I think those days are gone with these new technologies

Last edited:
As a new member to this forum, I'm a bit surprised that there are twice as many negative posts as there are positive ones. I joined because I've had my eye on the 2nd gen for a couple of years, and placed a deposit for one after seeing the reveal. From a non-Kool-Aid drinkers perspective, this car is superb. Perhaps I don't yet know what I don't know here, but I can't understand why there isn't more high-fiving about this amazing new hybrid super car.

Perhaps you are thinking about a traditional turbo engines where you up the boost, get more power, and away you go.
I think those days are gone with these new technologies

+1, the days of simple power modifications without having associated side effects propagating through the entire drive train are over.

Given that this is a positives thread I would comment that the 9 speed DCT should help in keeping the engine in the sweet spot of the powerband, the downside the more complex the gearbox the more expensive it will be if it ever needs to be repaired/replaced.

Forgot to mention that CCB's really need to be made an option (understand the need to keep rotational mass low), replacement cost on those won't be cheap.

Hope that those folks who end up purchasing the first year/second year production models won't be the guinea pigs (beta testers).

Last edited:
I think what 1k2GO is saying is correct in a sort of roundabout way they have left power on the table for the future think 'R' model to come as Ted Klaus said there will be a red model not just the silver model so yes there will be some tuning options coming

As a new member to this forum, I'm a bit surprised that there are twice as many negative posts as there are positive ones. I joined because I've had my eye on the 2nd gen for a couple of years, and placed a deposit for one after seeing the reveal. From a non-Kool-Aid drinkers perspective, this car is superb. Perhaps I don't yet know what I don't know here, but I can't understand why there isn't more high-fiving about this amazing new hybrid super car.
I'm on the same boat as you with being a new member and recently joining this chat board in hopes of purchasing one soon. I personally love the new NSX and 3rd on waiting list at dealership. Here's my two cents on looks and price...Looks - I could care less of what the guys think how this car will look... the real question is will a girl drop her panties when i drive by Pricing - I think it's about right for exclusivity... Worse thing that can happen is seeing a little punk kid with the new NSX pulling beside me asking if I have some grey poupon?

Glenn
I've been an NSX owner for 24 years and hope to get the new NSX over the next year.
I have no reservations about any first year wrinkles at all.
My NSX was in the snap ring range. Honda replaced the transmission cases without question. They stand behind their cars.

I don't believe for a minute Honda will leave any issues with this new NSX unresolved.
This car is far too important to have things fester away.
I also believe this will be the best car Honda has ever made.

I don't think anywhere near all the details of this car have been released.
There will be more to come and it will all be good.

Personally I take all the negatives posted with a grain of salt.
Firstly most negatives are not coming from those who are on a wait list or placed a deposit with a dealer.
There will always be a segment in a public forum who express dissatisfaction.

It is extremely difficult to bring a brand new high performance vehicle to fruition from a sketch on a piece of paper.
It is extremely easy to criticize those who have done this difficult work.

This car will be superb and, if I'm fortunate, I'll be able to drive mine soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I think what 1k2GO is saying is correct in a sort of roundabout way they have left power on the table for the future think 'R' model to come as Ted Klaus said there will be a red model not just the silver model so yes there will be some tuning options coming

I understand what he is saying.
Without doubt Honda has tested this driveline at far higher output numbers than those the first model will have.
And also without doubt there will be higher output models offered at higher prices in the future.

My point is you're not going to do a "proper tune" on this, a 918, a P1,or a LaFerrari without some serious testing and equipment.

For example changing the exhaust or headers on the new NSX engine may or may not benefit the car's performance.
It may be louder but not necessarily faster.

Honda has all the equipment and experience and I'd be very surprised if they don't offer software/hardware updates as we go along.

This is a really stupid reply. There is no way the GTR is faster than the NSX 2.0. Although the GTR launches quite well, I think the NSX, with the electric motors, will give a ridiculously fast 0-60. I'm willing to bet it will beat the GTR. Those electric motors will thrust the NSX forward before the turbos even kick in on either car.

The GTR also, as far as I know, does not rely on aluminum and carbon fibre the way the NSX does. I am whole heartedly willing to say the NSX will be lighter, no two ways about it. Yes, it has three electric motors, but they're not boat anchors. You think Honda/Acura hasn't thought about this?

All the people focusing on just a random, not-set-in-stone horsepower figure need to look at the bigger picture. Again, instant torque, for starters. That will do wonders for getting the NSX moving off the line. Second, Acura said the NSX will have 550+ hp. That may mean 551hp or 7000000hp. Who knows. I think Acura did this on purpose, as they don't want to release final specs until a bit more is known about the new R8, etc. I also strongly believe the engineers are capable of upping the boost as necessary without throwing off the balance of anything else and are intending on doing so. It really sounds like Acura/Honda do not want the same thing to happen to the NSX 2.0 like it did with the 1.0, where power was more or less stagnant while the NSXs competition kept moving forward. I think honda/acura want this car to stay relevant for quite some time and are poised as such to do so.

We literally know nothing about this car and I think that what's on paper only tells half of the story. I think this car will be a monster for its price tag. I really didn't think this car would have lived up to its predecessor, but it's packing some really cool technology and will haul some serious ass. I can't believe people care so much about the Ford GT. Great, it's got a 3.5L twin turbo v6, just like the f150 and mustang, except way more boost (and obviously built to handle that boost). But it's nothing revolutionary by any stretch. And the body looks like it was drawn by a three year old with a wax crayon. The interior is even worse.

What isn't positive about this car? It's loaded with technology, it's got plenty of power, will likely be decently lightweight, is able to do torque vectoring, has instant torque off the line, an all new 9 speed DCT, relies on lightweight materials, etc. I bet if this thing had a Lamborghini badge on it, people would be all over it.

Here's a better question for you- yes the 1G NSX was/is legendary. So now what would make the new NSX legendary? Are you willing to sacrifice performance for a lower price? Then you'd complain it's not fast enough and not revolutionary enough. Do you want even higher performance at a higher cost? Then you'd complain it's far too expensive. So what do you expect?

Back