• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Body shop in Austin?

My NSX was the unfortunate victim of another driver's bad lane change. It needs work on the driver's side.

What body shops are known to be good with NSXs? Is David McDavid capable?

My NSX was the unfortunate victim of another driver's bad lane change. It needs work on the driver's side.

What body shops are known to be good with NSXs? Is David McDavid capable?

I went to berli's a while back and they seemed to be able to do the work i was requesting. They are always recommended when i ask somebody. http://berlisbody.com/

I recommend thunder road. I had them replace and paint my magnum bumper and Alas-nsx had his car painted extensively there a few months back and it turned out REALLY GOOD. The car is in my garage if you want to see his work. I was skeptical at first because he's not a big operation but he did an excellent job on my magnum and joses nsx.
Ask for charlie. http://www.yelp.com/biz/thunder-road-round-rock

Spoke to the guys at Mcdavid and felt they were compentent as well but another member had issues with orange peel. I have seen thunder roads work and dealt with them and i recommend them.

Thanks for the post. Car is at McDavid now - mostly because I know they know the parts. One of the techs at the collision shop owns an NSX.

$9300 for the left door and left rear quarter panel (plus some paint and labor). Allstate is paying and I was glad to see they didn't press for any salvaged parts. We'll see in two weeks or so what it looks like.

Hi,
sorry to change subject. I own a '92 NSX and live in Austin. I used to take it to Dealership Alernative on Lamar for oil change (I bring my own Mobile 1) and they just charge for labot and oil filter (~$17). That shop closed. Do you know of another reputable imports shop that would do the same oil change for cheap?

While I'm not in Austin, McDavid here in Dallas has changed my oil and I brought my own filter and oil. I'm sure McDavid in Austin will do the same for about the same figure you stated in your post. Good luck.

Grand Imports

Hi,
sorry to change subject. I own a '92 NSX and live in Austin. I used to take it to Dealership Alernative on Lamar for oil change (I bring my own Mobile 1) and they just charge for labot and oil filter (~$17). That shop closed. Do you know of another reputable imports shop that would do the same oil change for cheap?

I had my 90k service, brake job and clutch install at Grand Imports off I-35. They had a master nsx tech there that worked for McDavid that is very knowledgable. I forgot his name but i believe he retired last year. Grand can handle an oil change with no problem
http://www.grandimports.net/

Hi,
It's funny you mentioned Grand Imports...I actually just called them before posting my question (they are near my house). They said they no longer have the expert tech for nsx. That's whey I went on the forum to ask for help. Have you talked to them recently?

Just an update. Got my NSX back Oct. 2. It took a long time because we needed a door shell - and Acura no longer makes it for pre-2002. Very pleased so far. I was in no hurry, so did not push McDavid for any dates. One of the techs at the collision center owns an NSX.

Back