• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Clutch Survey

Which clutch would you choose

• Exedy HH04SD1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SPEC cltuch kit stage 2

• OS Giken single disc clutch kit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry guys if this has been posted if it has please point me in the right direction i've tried a search on the prime but nothing came up.
So i plan to take my car to track days and use it as a daily drive with just bolt on mods. Currently have a comptech with 100k miles and its starting to slip so time to get a new clutch.

• Exedy HH04SD1 Ceramic Clutch Kit including Steel Flywheel
  • Clutchmaster X300
  • SOS Sport clutch
  • SPEC Clutch Kit Stage 2 Acura
  • Comptech Clutch
  • OsGiken single disc clutch
  • OEM

What do most people run with just bolt on setup?
Any other suggestions or if anyone has one of these clutches installed in there NSX i live in so cal.

I daily drive a 92 I upgraded to a 6-speed but didnt want the single clutch I wanted to keep my dual clutch system
so I ordered the dual input shaft from SOS had it installed in the tranny and I think to myself if I had only knew that just swapping to a 6-speed
it would feel just like a stock 2005 it would have been my first mod years ago.

RYU how on CM X300 or X200 how is pedal feel is it heavy? Because i currently have comptech and heavy.

- - - Updated - - -

Rope how many miles do you have now on the SOS 275? Have you tracked since you installed the clutch?

RYU how on CM X300 or X200 how is pedal feel is it heavy? Because i currently have comptech and heavy.
lighter than stock (depending if you're comparing between the 5spd or 6spd). I ruptured my Achilles a few years ago so I can't put up with a heavy clutch. That should tell you something...

Engagement chatters when cold but after about driving around the block the kevlar compound warms up and the chatter goes away. You can't ride it the OEM clutch though. It grabs in between a race clutch and a oem clutch. Need to engage at slightly higher rpms.

Have about 3 track days on it. I'm about 380wHP with the CTSC. Been working like a champ.

Still going with the OSG twin disc though. I want a lighter rotating mass because i'm CTSC and need all the help in can get in that dept.

I have the FX_200 as RYU mentioned and it is a great clutch. It is light, doesn't chatter at all (I have a solid-face), and grabs nicely. The biggest adjustment was the much smaller "sweet" (engagement) spot.

You are more than welcome to try it out if you want.

I have the FX_200 as RYU mentioned and it is a great clutch. It is light, doesn't chatter at all (I have a solid-face), and grabs nicely. The biggest adjustment was the much smaller "sweet" (engagement) spot.

You are more than welcome to try it out if you want.
That reminds me... The FX300 vs. FX200 engages very differently. If you have a motor under <300wHP i'd recommend the FX200. The engagement on L_Rao's car is very nice and mild. Reminded me of OEM engagement.

If you're willing to spend more there are better clutches out there but for the money.. the CM is pretty good.

I haven't had any problems with mine and impressed with how well it holds the power even when driven hard at the track..but there are accounts out there of CM having had a colorful history with bad parts. Maybe they've figured it out by now on my version.

That reminds me... The FX300 vs. FX200 engages very differently. If you have a motor under <300wHP i'd recommend the FX200. The engagement on L_Rao's car is very nice and mild. Reminded me of OEM engagement.

If you're willing to spend more there are better clutches out there but for the money.. the CM is pretty good.

I haven't had any problems with mine and impressed with how well it holds the power even when driven hard at the track..but there are accounts out there of CM having had a colorful history with bad parts. Maybe they've figured it out by now on my version.

Not to sound like a CM shill, but I think those issues were related to shady vendors as opposed to CM themselves.

Not to sound like a CM shill, but I think those issues were related to shady vendors as opposed to CM themselves.
Excellent to hear. All I can say is.. the CM clutch in my car (and yours) has worked as expected. I do wish my engagement was a bit smoother but you can't expect too much from a multi-puck. With that said.. it's not NEARLY as bad as a dedicated 6 or even 3 puck.

Anything under 430rwhp a 97+ clutch is the best.

Jeez, no love for Mother Honda? :D This owner has bolt-ons only. The factory dual disc is a really nice, low MOI clutch with easy engagement and 100,000+ mile durability.

Jeez, no love for Mother Honda? :D This owner has bolt-ons only. The factory dual disc is a really nice, low MOI clutch with easy engagement and 100,000+ mile durability.
Oops! I didn't know he had a near stock motor. For near OEM power I'd go with the factory twin disc and a lightweight flywheel. The LWFW makes a big difference for any track driven car :)

Do you mean the OEM 97+ clutch?

Yes, since my NSX had just that. the single disc OEM clutch and even with a few thousand miles left on the clutch it held the SOS SC making 430rwhp and 300rwtq.

My rule of thumb on clutches is to ONLY "upgrade" to an aftermarket if they start to slip and you need more holding power.

Most aftermarket clutches from my decades of experience just never engage as well as an OEM. It takes the pleasure out of the driving experience.

Yes, since my NSX had just that. the single disc OEM clutch and even with a few thousand miles left on the clutch it held the SOS SC making 430rwhp and 300rwtq.

My rule of thumb on clutches is to ONLY "upgrade" to an aftermarket if they start to slip and you need more holding power.

Most aftermarket clutches from my decades of experience just never engage as well as an OEM. It takes the pleasure out of the driving experience.
Bats.. we've had this discussion before on Prime. It's a totally different animal track driving vs. going in a straight line on public roads. Rev matching hell-toe downshifts under hard braking is something most 1/4 mile guys don't even know how to do ;)

This gentleman wants to track his vehicle some. The OEM NSX clutch for a 97+ has a heavy flywheel. I've never experienced such a annoying flywheel on a sportscar.

Bats.. we've had this discussion before on Prime. It's a totally different animal track driving vs. going in a straight line on public roads. Rev matching hell-toe downshifts under hard braking is something most 1/4 mile guys don't even know how to do ;)

This gentleman wants to track his vehicle some. The OEM NSX clutch for a 97+ has a heavy flywheel. I've never experienced such a annoying flywheel on a sportscar.

Flywheel doesn't feel heavy to me. Try an LXs flywheel.... that's heavy.

I have SOS 350 with damper delete & grabs quick with very little lag. Have to use a little more leg muscles but not too bad. Chatters here & there slightly but not enough to annoy. So far 4k miles on it but you can't go wrong with OEM duals.

Last edited:
OP,

A clutch is not a cheap proposition. I would highly recommend testing a few out in real life before spending the time, money, and effort in a replacement.

I have not tracked the clutch and have about 8k on it now. I enjoy the lightness of it as it is really noticeable which I am not sure if it is due to the light weight fly wheel or the whole unit.

Back