• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX concept vs C7 Corvette concept

Well I don't think there's a thread out there comparing these two but I can see buyers cross shopping them as sports car prospectives. With the recently leaked C7 front end out there, I found myself excited(!) looking at it whereas I've been trying to like the NSX concept front end for over a year but all I can do is find more things wrong with it.

http://m.caranddriver.com/article.rbml?id=http://blog.caranddriver.com/?p-100180

I think Chevy has a major design homerun on their hands even if it is a less curvy copy of the latest Ferrari. Why companies so blatantly copy other competitors designs is beyond me. They should pay their designers half the salary for half the effort. First Honda with the R8 and now Chevy with the C7.

Anyhow, I like the C7 face soooooooooooo much better than the new NSX concept and am wondering as specs are released and the cars nearing production, which one would I rather buy when it comes time?

As much as I've always hated corvettes for their low tech, low revving engines and their high production numbers, I can't deny that the bar has been raised incrementally over time and is now very high. I expect the interior to be up to par this time too. I just wonder about the driving experience not being as much fun without the revs and sounds of the NSX. I'm not into "muscle" type cars at all so power and torque numbers don't mean all that much to me.

The new NSX, I expect to be lovely to drive and packed with exciting new tech but if its still as offensive to look at then it is still an utter failure and completely worthless from my perspective. I wish they would just put an HSC styled front end on it so it looks like an NSX again. Forget the beak family identity and kick off a worthy design theme with this car. A machine that expensive better look like a work of art. Perhaps a used F430 or Gallardo may still be more appealing even if more dated looking.

Anyone out there starting to think about this?

I didn't mean the 458, I meant the new F12 Berlinetta. It looks promising, especially given that its from a service manual so most likely accurate. And thanks for the correct link- I will try to do some more digging around for info and pics.

oh ya, I can see a much clearer resemblance there. still - will have to see how it looks in person, photos on exotic cars are not terribly reliable for my eyes. Always amuses me when people actually see my car in person compared to seeing it in photos.

Ok looks like the C7 is debuting January 13, 2013 at the Detroit show!
From the leaked page it will look very similar to this rendering:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2012...e-illustrations-from-car-and-driver-magazine/

There's actually a lot of info here:
http://m.jalopnik.com/2014corvette/

And oh my that interior looks to be special. At least the gauges. The rear is looking GT-R like so not sure how hat will flow together with the front. The whole car looks ultra modern at least, finally.

They say that may be a special edition like the zr1, in a few years perhaps.

Kind of like the exterior on the C6 but not a fan of the C7.

Last edited:
I don't know man, the new NSX concept is a "but-her-face" kinda girl. Can't wake up every morning next to that. The vette is looking like a pretty face this time around but we will see what the final package is like. It'll be hard to have a successful design by copying two different cars though, the GTR and the F12 Berlinetta. Another thing it has on the NSX though is that it will be a pure RWD car and not AWD. And yet another thing is that it will be a real deal manual and not a glorified automatic. If you put your bias aside the new vette may be be better than the new NSX. It may be heresy on an NSX forum to say that but in the end the truth remains. Honda has already failed with reviving the CRZ bc they don't know their head from their ass.

Last edited:
And yet another thing is that it will be a real deal manual and not a glorified automatic. Honda has already failed with reviving the CRZ bc they don't know their head from their ass.

These two points, I completely agree with! If the new NSX doesn't have an option with a True Manual - No Thanks!

As for the CR-Z, I totally agree with what you stated.
Honda could have made the CR-Z a very cool little car, a la the CRX but they Failed miserably :( it sucks because the CR-Z could be a neat / fun car with the k20 motor.
OH well...... Honda will never achieve what they used to have. :mad:

Another thing, it will still be a front engine bulbous penis of a car. Sorry Charlie, I'll stick with the new NSX over the new Corvette.

This is a statement I truly appreciate and completely agree with :smile:

Last edited:
If the new NSX doesn't have an option with a True Manual - No Thanks! :

I had the same initial feelings about the DCT (dual clutch transmissions) until I drove both a 2013 manual & DCT M3 back to back.

No comparison in performance & speed of shifting. I now own the DCT.......you know Honda will do it right!

picture.php

Last edited:
Its not about the performance but about the satisfaction of shifting and the mechanical link. Making it a paddle lets every douchebag with a finger and launch control think they are a racecar champ.

I agree the corvette will always be front engine and not an exotic due to production volume and archaic pushrod motor and those things will always hold it back when comparing it against refined mid-engine exotics. But its been developing and this time will be thoroughly modern. To the point of actually being worthy of consideration among the worlds elite cars.

I had the same initial feelings about the DCT (dual clutch transmissions) until I drove both a 2013 manual & DCT M3 back to back.

No comparison in performance & speed of shifting. I now own the DCT.......you know Honda will do it right!

picture.php

Well - I'm sorry but, I am an "old school" car individual who holds a passion for driving a vehicle with a True Manual tranny.
I say "I'm sorry" because, I personally do not care how fast a PDK, DCT, the AUTO trans in the Ferrari 458 can shift or how much faster
an AUTOMATIC, dual clutch blah blah blah makes a specific car. It's an AUTOMATIC........ Yaaawn.

There will always be something to be said about driving a car with a true manual tranny; whatever the car make/model is, rowing through the gears never, ever gets old :)
With a true Manual there is A heck-of-a-lot more feeling and involvement than driving an Automatic.

Speed isn't everything to me; (never has been). I'll take my '02 LBB Manual over an Automatic everyday of the week and twice on sunday.
(and yes - if you think I'm not giving the cars with an Automatic Trans a chance), I have been blessed with the opportunity to drive many nice / fast exotics.
A very simple conclusion I will hold to for the rest of my life - Automatic...... NO THANKS!

I'm in no way knocking your choice of driving an Automatic Transmission, it is just my preference to enjoy driving a car rather than the car driving me.

Back