• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX Convertible?

I'm not sure what to think about this, very odd... but not completely vulgar?:

Attachments

• BLEDVORACONVERT.jpg
    BLEDVORACONVERT.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 241
not to mention you're cutting the B pillars off which is the strongest part of the car... if you roll it you are toast. I think its blasphemy and dangerous.

This topic comes up mighty often here on prime, to answer your question car has a cross member to reinforce stiffness loss from the cut which was required to make it complete and legally transfer title status to a true conv. After 4.5 yrs of ownership
and having the pleasure of driving many other nsx's from my northeast buddies here on prime I see or feel no difference in handling. Although I'm in the market for a 2nd NSX this one will always be the king in the garage.

not to mention you're cutting the B pillars off which is the strongest part of the car... if you roll it you are toast. I think its blasphemy and dangerous.

+1...they may look if done right but you are compromising the integrity and Safety of the car when you do. The the b pillars were expendable Acura wouldn't have put them in. IMO as an owner of an 03 is that I wish I had the option of getting my car as a coup. Ts off car looks ok but not as good as with it on. As a convertible it looks like a car meant for the ladies.

Different strokes I suppose, not a fan from an aesthetic and structural basis

Back