• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX craze 2011 Austin texas

KO it would probably be helpful to have a separate thread specifically for folks who are a definite for tracking their car on the morning of October 9th. It would be good to have an accurate head count of committed people versus on the fence.

Something like...

Alas-NSX:
  • Track
  • Novice Group
  • Willing to pay up to $100.00

Also, to help with this how much could NSXCA contribute to paying members?

I'm not a member but wanted to throw that out there as well.

Finally, I contacted Velocity Adventures to see if they could help out with organizing the actual track day event. Working on the price.

-JA

I think it would be better if we all wrote "Track" or "No Track" next to our names that way you will know if we have even read this or not. I will not be tracking.

1. Ko-nsx
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly
12. Kenny Thompson (NO TRACK)
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending"
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
28. Zishan (I was going to cut in line, but I'm too lazy to change everyone's numbers! )
29. Luis aka Lou Dawg aka Sexy Mexy
30. Dave

1. Ko-nsx
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending"
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
28. Zishan (I was going to cut in line, but I'm too lazy to change everyone's numbers! )
30. Dave

2011 nsx craze-updated 9/10/2011

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending"
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
30. Dave

Might want to PM or email all these other cats just in case they have not been keeping up with this thread. I'm sure you're already doing some of that Ko-nsx.

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending"
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
30. Dave

On a different note, any word on hotel accommedations/group discount (secure lot)???
If not, anyone familiar with this area, as to what area would be the "ideal" place to get a hotel that is well within a quick trip from that Saturday night's party scene and near the track facility?

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending"
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X (NO TRACK)
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
30. Dave

On a different note, any word on hotel accommodations/group discount (secure lot)???
If not, anyone familiar with this area, as to what area would be the "ideal" place to get a hotel that is well within a quick trip from that Saturday night's party scene and near the track facility?

Looking into accommodations, i have 2 couches and 2 air mattresses if anybody needs them. My other 2 bedrooms are spoken for already. im sure the others in austin will chime in if they have room.:smile:

Last edited:
There is only 3 weeks left. Has everything been finalized?

Where are the Houston peps meeting up to drive together?

I chimed in on this under the "Houston" forum - "Caravan" thread

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending" (NO TRACK) If anybody has an empty seat, can I ride as passenger on the track? :)
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X (NO TRACK)
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
30. Dave

Last edited:
Anyway if the track participant numbers don't come up, here is possible Sundays option?
Just a thought:smile:

http://www.wimberleyzipline.com/
http://www.cypress-valley.com/

What participation number do you have to hit to get the deal? I would be willing to "pay" to track, but not necessarly track. I would like to see others track and what the dream machine is capable of in person. I think that alone is worth the $250.

In order to track, are novice drivers required to drive with a designated track member or are they allowed to track alone? With that said, I may track (more so cruise the track) at 60-80 mph tops though. Still learning what the car is capable of and wouldnt want the flux capacitor to kick in.

What participation number do you have to hit to get the deal? I would be willing to "pay" to track, but not necessarly track. I would like to see others track and what the dream machine is capable of in person. I think that alone is worth the $250.

In order to track, are novice drivers required to drive with a designated track member or are they allowed to track alone? With that said, I may track (more so cruise the track) at 60-80 mph tops though. Still learning what the car is capable of and wouldnt want the flux capacitor to kick in.

Tracking is completely safe... Safer than driving on public roads. There will be no passing in the novice group. You go at your own speed. You can go out as many or as few times as you want.

Last time novice group was allowed to run solo. We have many experienced drivers that will be willing to go out and give you tips.

More importantly... tracking is FUN!

Last edited:
I don't think I can make it. GF birthday is on the 9th but we're celebrating it on Saturday. However, I'll be up there on the 9th doing the Tough Mudding Event all day. Have fun guys.

1. Ko-nsx (TRACK)
2. ojas
3. Matt_337 (TRACK)
4. unlemming (TRACK)
5. synergy004 (NO TRACK)
6. PoKnow (TRACK)
7. trainingrevolution
8. MrTwo
9. Davidf
10. Osiris_x11
11. anomaly (NO TRACK)
13. NSX4Real
14. 96cxt
15. J-Train
17. Nero Tenebre
18. ca2822 (pending)
19. Fastrunner
20. vry_qck (NO TRACK)
21. adrenaline_nsx
22. Bui "Pending" (NO TRACK) If anybody has an empty seat, can I ride as passenger on the track? :smile:
23. Ysoslow "pending"
24. RedNa2X (NO TRACK)
25. Alas-NSX (TRACK)
26. tnguyen
27.thoangbui "pending"
30. Dave

I usually bring my dog so I stay in a pet friendly hotel on the way from Austin to to San Marcos (closer to the track!:)).

Anyone who hasn't tracked there car owes it to themselves to get out there, it is awesome! The craze is what got me addicted...;)

nobody in our group seems to be idiots when it comes to driving. Everyone knows their limitations. I've never done anything but charity laps, but i plan to get out on the track and probably be going slower than you!!! :smile:

Back