• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX craze 2011 Austin texas

iguana grill has a nice view of our depleted lake and the food is way better than the oasis....a couple of us met up there last monday last minute....

Saturday evening dining options...

With regards to a dining venue for Saturday evening, it'd be worthwhile to note what time the NSX-Craze'rs will return from the Hill Country drive & adequate time to freshen-up/etc prior to the group dinner (many restaurants of interest generally start closing down 9.30pm/10.30pm). Also, a reasonable head-count (in due time) would help the restaurant plan & accommodate accordingly. Likewise for caravan/parking logistics.

Iguana Grill is a nice spot, scenic & accommodating. It's a bit out-of-the-way out on Lake Travis, relative to downtown; if the group doesn't mind the trek there after the group-drive/outing during the day, it's a viable dining option!

A few others that might be of interest (Saturday evening group-dinner)...

Italian: Siena Ristorante Toscano (2222 / 360) - 360 Uno Trattoria (360 / Westlake) - NoRTH (Domain) - Carmelo's (downtown) - Asti Trattoria (43rd - Duval)

TexMex: Gloria's (Domain) - La Margarita (I35N - Round Rock) - Trudy's North Star (Burnet - 183) - Vivo (620 - Lake Creek Pkwy -or- Manor - I35N)

Continental: Urban an American Grill (Domain) - Daily Grill (183 - Mopac) - NXNW Restaurant & Brewery (360/Stonelake - Mopac) - Chez Zee Bistro (Balcones - 2222/Mopac) - Jack Allen's Kitchen (71 - 290)

Pan-Asian: Suzi's China Grill (Anderson/Shoal-Creek - Mopac) - Keniche (downtown) - Sushi Zushi (Domain -or- downtown) Chinatown (Mopac - Greystone -or- downtown) - Thai Passion (downtown)

Sunday's group eatz plan...

Another note would be w/ regards to Sunday's group eatz plan for pre/post track-outing. Is a group breakfast/brunch planned prior to the track-outing in San Marcos at Harris Hill Road Course (ie. what time does the track activities begin)? It's assumed many/all will depart following the track-outing, perhaps (if possible) a group meal can be planned at one of the aforementioned spots before the track-event (depending on when the facility expects the NSX'ers).

Last edited:
J-Train (Jeff), anomaly (Dick) and myself met at Iguana Grill again tonight (Monday) for dinner. I left my contact info to be passed on to the Manager about the possibility of having either the meet and greet (Friday) or Saturday evening dinner at their establishement. I should hear back tomorrow if they would be willing to reserve parking for us. Please let me know by PM or on this thread if this is where we want to go. This is a cool place with a good view and good food. Parking is free and as I said before I am working for reserved NSX parking.

J-Train (Jeff), anomaly (Dick) and myself met at Iguana Grill again tonight (Monday) for dinner. I left my contact info to be passed on to the Manager about the possibility of having either the meet and greet (Friday) or Saturday evening dinner at their establishement. I should hear back tomorrow if they would be willing to reserve parking for us. Please let me know by PM or on this thread if this is where we want to go. This is a cool place with a good view and good food. Parking is free and as I said before I am working for reserved NSX parking.

I don't think anyone is REALLY picky. If you get the parking arranged i'll repost it in the first post. These are the last things to consider before next fri.

1. track or no-track sun?
2. breakfast sun??
3. housing arrangements, who will need them?
4. A photographer would be nice. mayday garage type!

Last edited:
Well, I am now only able to attend Saturday's activities. I fly a rescue helicopter and will be on shift Friday night from 7pm to Saturday morning at 7am. The helicopter is parked downtown at the University of Texas Medical Center (a.k.a. Brackenridge Hospital) and you are all welcome to come by and see it but only if you drive your NSXes so I can see them. :biggrin: I'll be present all day Saturday so what time and where do we get together and roll?

Last edited:
I can’t break away because right now my mom is in the hospital. If I show it will be a last-minute squeak under the limbo bar.

Well, I am now only able to attend Saturday's activities. I fly a rescue helicopter and will be on shift Friday night from 7pm to Saturday morning at 7am. The helicopter is parked downtown at the University of Texas Medical Center (a.k.a. Brackenridge Hospital) and you are all welcome to come by and see it but only if you drive your NSXes so I can see them. :biggrin: I'll be present all day Saturday so what time and where do we get together and roll?

working out the details

Hi, guys. I was out at Harris Hill today and they were not aware NSXs were coming next Sunday. Someone may need to verify. Although I probably won't track at either location, I believe Harris Hill is more fun in our cars. Just my two cents, looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday!

Dave S
'94 Brooklands Green

Will there be a tentative schedule for this weekend's activities?
Like the event, location and time for the group to meet up esp. for those that are looking to scout around the hillcountry.

I definitely want to check out the Lime Rd scene and at the same time dont want to contastantly have to be calling up different people with what's going on for what time and where. A general schedule would be nice :biggrin:

PM me if any Houston ppl have already setup hotel arragements. I would like to know where.

Waiting on wheels, assuming they've been shipped.:frown: Getting nervous.:rolleyes:

Dave I am really hoping that your rims come in on time!!!
I was shocked to hear what happened esp with all the quick trips you have been making to Houston. Better to have found out when you do rather than later and under different circumstances.

Dave I am really hoping that your rims come in on time!!!
I was shocked to hear what happened esp with all the quick trips you have been making to Houston. Better to have found out when you do rather than later and under different circumstances.
I agree. And from the looks, it would've happened.

Back