• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx for sale forum dead or what?

I have not been able to post a classified ad for my nsx, are there no more moderators to approve it?

they sure let a lot build up before making approvals. now my steering wheel is going to be mixed among a ton of other parts for sale :frown:

When I started here, I asked a similar question. What happens is that you have to wait til it is approved. fairly simple now that I think of it.

I would expect a day or so delay but nothing has been posted for over a week and my messages to the moderaters directly get no response that is why I am asking if it is unmanned at present?

I put my transmission for sale a few days ago and it has not been posted yet. :(

Just an idea, but maybe the mod for that forum could use some help. Maybe let another mod in to help move things along? I know there are quite a few guys that are on here all day (just like me) I'm sure someone would be willing to help :) Just an idea.

I'd be more than willing to help! I have a little bit of free time and I'd be honored!

Sometimes it goes up quick...sometimes it can take a week. I'm not really sure why...but yeah, it's been awhile for the latest!

I can't believe it. I am so freakin' mad. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Three weeks I wait for approval and this morning get an automated e-mail stating my roll cage post in the for sale forum had been deleteing and was never listed because their was no price. Nice!! It did have a price!!! It just depended on what parts the user wanted.

No E-mail, no reply to any of my three nice PM's, no "Hey John did you forget to include something" or "could you please make something clearer about what the cage might cost to split-up and ship".

As I of course don't have a copy.... I now have to re-write the entire post (significant work), take the pictures again, and more than likely now wait another 2-3-4 weeks for the mods to "get around to clearing that back-up?".... Look, I'll just use the other forum.

I'm sorry but I feel the need to vent here. WTF is really the behind the scenes deal with the mod approval system??? In all my years it's never been this bad. Just be straight up with us. What's with all the lame BS and excuses.

Why are people getting jerked off this long? How hard can it be to go through a few for sale submissions and appove them? I triage an entire inbox of 1000 emails in 15 minutes at work every week. You have three marketplace moderators!! Further, why would *anyone* just delete a new post that a member obviously worked hard on instead of just sending a quick PM and inquiring if a piece of info was missing or they had a question? Anyway, maybe someone can help me understand.... what good does it do to post an ad three weeks after the fact when the item now could already have been sold? I could have talked to half the people on the board by then.

Look. Obviously the system is not working, hence this thread. I don't understand why the site never listens/participates with the members on isses. Why can't we have an open discussion on how to improve an element of the site that we all know is broken. Let's talk about how we are going to fix it and improve the experience for our members... their is no reason for any of this drama.

Like many, I don't think we need a manual/triage approval system. Even if we do.... we have MORE than enough active members/supporters that are on-here everyday that can take the time to keep things running smoothly and provide great service to the community.

Last edited:
Three weeks I wait for approval and this morning get an automated e-mail stating my roll cage post in the for sale forum had been deleteing and was never listed because their was no price. It had a price!!!

No E-mail, no reply to any PM's, no "Hey John did you forget to include something" or "could you please make something clearer about what the cage might cost to split-up and ship".

As I of course don't have a copy.... I now have to re-write the entire post (significant work), take the pictures again, and more than likely now wait another 2-3-4 weeks for the mods to "get around to clearing that back-up?"....

1. You waited 15 days. While this is certainly not ideal, it was not three weeks.
2. There was no price listed, I just checked.
3. There were no pictures in the ad whatsoever.
4. I just e-mailed you the entire text of your ad so you can revise and resubmit.

1. You waited 15 days. While this is certainly not ideal, it was not three weeks.
4. I just e-mailed you the entire text of your ad so you can revise and resubmit.

Thanks Lud. Ok, in all fairness...

1) The way the system works, the user gets no send receipt for the post, so it's hard for the user to know what was posted and when. I thought it was around the 2-3 week mark, turned out to be 15 days, sure.
2) I conceed, I thought I had put a price but now I see I just said $quote
3) No biggie, I'll add
4) Thanks

NSX Prime:

I started my FS thread on my NIB '02 side skirts that you approved on 11/25/07. I'm allowed to 'bump' the thread a month later, and I tried after 12/25/07 but my request was not updated/approved.

I have tried to bump my thread 3 times, and still no approval/bump even though their has been approvals today.

Will you approve my thread bump as my listing is no longer on the 2 pages in the Parts For Sale section?

Thank you

Just got my bump/price drop approved on my OEM steering wheel. Too bad it's 63 listings deep. :frown:

I don't see why sales listings can't be moderated like normal posts. When I cursed in another thread they were on top of hitting me with an infraction without any delay.

As an NSX parts junkie I will say that the for sale section sucks. Takes too long to know if something is sold or not, and not being able to bump something up keeps buyers like me out of the picture.

When the sale section does get updated there's a mad rush of people try to buy the same part...it's confusing and a pain...as you wait to find out if your 4th in line position holds true or not.

Other car forums with way more members have successful classified sections.

I'm not even sure why this one is so closely guarded...what is the reason in the first place?

:confused:

lulz...

Just got my bump/price drop approved on my OEM steering wheel...

... When I cursed in another thread they were on top of hitting me with an infraction without any delay.
Next time, try cursing in your 'bump' post... :D

/JK

To the want-to-be "volunteer" marketplace volunteers, I see three things missing from your candidacies...

- your "Join Date": you've been registered on 'Prime for too short of a period
- your user title (or lackoff), denoting your support of NSX Prime
- your level of activity/posting isn't up to par, as of yet

Yes, it might be unfair to be sized up as such... but unfortunately that's how things are!

For the record, I am in support of how the marketplace forums are presently operated, meaning they are moderated. If the slight time delay is the only inconvenience to the buyer-seller, then so be it. As long as the threads/posts are complete, thorough, and moderated! I've seen "for sale" forums on other web-sites deteriorate into the 'wild, wild West' w/o proper moderation.

Re: lulz...

To the want-to-be "volunteer" marketplace volunteers, I see three things missing from your candidacies...

Free marketplace moderator campaign pins ? :confused:

- your "Join Date": you've been registered on 'Prime for too short of a period

Mine is 2001!!! If I was any older I'd have a corvette again. Do I need a Delorean to go backward in time? Another few months before then and NSXSC and NSX yahoo lists were it.

- your user title (or lackoff), denoting your support of NSX Prime

Ok. That's the secret we are all missing? I see now that not one poster that's complaining on this thread has the little icon.... So we have to be platinum or titanium "hero" members? If I would have known... cheese.... if that's how you make it to the top of the forsale que I would have happily paid the $5 :biggrin:

- your level of activity/posting isn't up to par, as of yet

Ok, if you have to be forum king with 22,000 posts I'll pass. Come on, who really wants to be "that guy"......

defensive, aren't we...

John@Microsoft, my post in reference to volunteering as a moderator for NSX Prime's "Marketplace Forums" wasn't targeted towards you in particular. I wasn't aware from your post(s) in this thread that you had an interest or even offered your time for such a position. :confused:

Re-reading your post(s), I still don't clearly see where you alluded to such (having an interest in being a moderator for Prime's marketplace). If I missed it, accept my apology. Was this a phantom thought like the phantom price and phantom pics in your original for-sale thread? :D

Of-course, you are a long-standing member of NSX Prime who has contributed to the forum community. There is no denying that. Would you like a cookie? :p

Regarding your decision not to "support" NSX Prime, that is none of my business. I assume you have your reasons. But please don't belittle the 'user title' system. There is no bias or preferential treatment towards those individuals who have decided to help Lud w/ the web-site, whether small or big.

John@Microsoft said:
Ok, if you have to be forum king with 22,000 posts I'll pass. Come on, who really wants to be "that guy"......
If you wish to state such, then in that case... yes, I'd actually rather have "that guy" be a moderator over you (and pretty much anyone else). You're the one who brought it up. :wink:

Nota Bene: my words/comments above are all in the best of forum-spirit and humour... all in fun/jest!

Last edited:
Re: defensive, aren't we...

Nota Bene: my words/comments above are all in the best of forum-spirit and humour... all in fun/jest!

Mine too.

512ETM29CFL._AA240_.jpg

Re: lulz...

Especially since you probably have the highest [average post length]:[# of posts] ratio known to man! You would definitely have carpool tunnel syndrome long before you became 'that guy'.

Back