• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Interior Conditions

I'm a potential NSX buyer, and thinking of buying a early NA1 model.

I have searched and found out the long mechanical life span of these wonderfully built machines,

but I'm not sure about the condition of interiors of 91-95 NSX's

Does anyone have recent photo of their interior? (dash, carpet, etc.)

I assume that the dash and door trims are made with long lasting leather of some sort,

but I would like to know how they actually look :)

Sorry i can't help you with pictures but i can outline most of the potential problems for you. The drivers seat bolsters are most likely ripped or in need of repair. The passenger seat is probably getting that way as well. The dash should be fine as well as the door panels and vinyl pieces behind the seats. The speaker grills are probably color faded and most likely the center console bezel around the radio and the pieces around the window switches in the door either have some deep scratches or some bubbleing in the finish by now.
Also, if it has a ivory interior the carpet is probably in need of replacing because it doesnt hide dirt well.

Thanks for your reply,

How easy/hard is the RED Type R carpets to get hold of? are they very expensive?

also I have a friend who spray paints car for living, and he painted some of my dull plastic dash surrounds for my S2000 before.

Can this be an option for the scratched pieces of interior?

the autotrader.com site usually has interior shots, where you can see the wearing out and crease lines on the seats.

I have searched and found out the long mechanical life span of these wonderfully built machines,

I assume that the dash and door trims are made with long lasting leather of some sort,

This is my car...its a 1991. All original interior except for the shift knob and CD changer control in place of the coin tray.

DSC02187.JPG

DSC02188.JPG

DSC02191.JPG

The drivers seat bolsters are the weak link. My 91 interior is 98%. You can find well taken care of cars with very good interiors.
The lighter colored interiors show the most wear.

The interior of the NSX is of very high quality (MUCH higher compared to a same age Ferrari materialwise). The seats are obviously the (only) weak point, ok after 10+ years. I've seen several cars with dried-out leather, one that was always standing outside directly under the sun. No way any leather will take that for long. A/C will dry it out also. If the leather was cared for an early car can look like Big_D's car (mileage?).

Can someone explain the leather repaint?
Is this a product that can be purchased?
and where?

thanks.

Can someone explain the leather repaint?
Is this a product that can be purchased?
and where?

thanks.

I've done the leather repaint and would not recommend it. It does not last very long before the color fades and cracking comes back.

For a good price you can get new seat leather ~$600. and it is worth it 100%.

This picture is the new leather in my 91 black/ivory

Attachments

• newseats (post).JPG
    newseats (post).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 197
I'll support skipping the repaint. My 92's driver seat is worn pretty well on the side and I had it 'repainted' or whatever they called it. Only lasted about 6 months to my recollections. Buy the seat.

The interior of the NSX is of very high quality (MUCH higher compared to a same age Ferrari materialwise). The seats are obviously the (only) weak point, ok after 10+ years. I've seen several cars with dried-out leather, one that was always standing outside directly under the sun. No way any leather will take that for long. A/C will dry it out also. If the leather was cared for an early car can look like Big_D's car (mileage?).

My car only has 65,XXX miles. I condition the leather 2 or 3 times a year. The car is garage kept and only driven on the weekends. I agree, sun and heat will dry out the leather. Even in the garage covered, they will dry out. Thats why you should condition them often. It only takes 10 minutes. My bolsters do show some wear, but I try to put my hand there when I get in and out to reduce the scuffing.

The drivers seat bolsters are the weak link. My 91 interior is 98%. You can find well taken care of cars with very good interiors.
The lighter colored interiors show the most wear.

Your interior looks great, keep conditioning those seats! I would just leave them alone and not try the repaint. It will just wear off again.

Here the interior of my NSX, the seats are out of leather red and black, the trimmings of the doors are out of leather also.
1000679qr8.jpg

1000683vo4.jpg

1000684gn1.jpg

here buttons for the setting according to the foglight before (left high), of the rear foglight (high right)
do cleaning of headlight before (low left), the button of headlamp setting before (low right)… I hope that my English is good?

1000680lc3.jpg

1000681dd6.jpg

here the cleaners of the front headlight, I do not think that exists for the American NSX!

1000687ue6.jpg

1000688tg2.jpg

1000689hz8.jpg

here an image which returns to me sad, it misses a small part has this trimming with dimensions passenger, can you tell me or order this part???

1000685zf1.jpg

I hope to have helped you in your research!
in a friendly way

Last edited:
thank you very much Tom 239 I hope that it sends its parts in Europe?
thank you for your assistance! :smile:

The leather used is Nappa high grade and very soft, if cared for through the years should be soft to the touch and slight wear in driver side bolster.
Watch out for imitation leatheret or vinyle.

On a side note F cars use Connoly leather also good quality though very delicate.

Big_D interior look fanastic must be a keeper :)

Thunder is that a speaker in front of your foglight switches?

No, it's a carbon part or is fixed protection out of leather of the gear shift lever!:smile:

Back