• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is a Corvette??

As most of us NSX owners know, we get comments, questions, etc everytime we take our cars out.
I actually like talking to random people about my NSX, but why is it lately people keep asking me if it's a Corvette? I know they have some similiar lines...but come on.

Does this happen to anyone else or just me?:confused:

4438430332_840c4fde70_o.jpg

Actually, when I roll up on a new Corvette/owner, I ask "Is that an NSX?". Pizzes them off every time... :biggrin:

Living in GM land this happens to me all the time!

I have had people ask if it was a Corvette but I've had as many ask if it was a Nissan or Toyota as well.

Sometimes if they guess and get it wrong I tell them "yes" anyway. That usually makes them happy, which is nice.

When they ask me how much was it, how fast it will go or how much horsepower does it have I usually respond in a sincere, matter of fact way "I don't know" and that I "wish I did".

When they ask what is the fastest I have ever gone I say with a proud demeanor, "70... once... on a really long trip on the thruway."

On the way home from "Kid's Day" I made a bathroom stop at McDonald's.
When I came out there were two young employees on a break and they seemed very enthusiastic about the car remarking it must have over 550 horsepower. One pointed to a modded Subaru STI parked a couple of spots away and asked "what could you do to that?".

I thought it odd they would ask, I mean we had never met before that I could recall but, to be polite, I looked over at the STI, and scrutinized it. It looked very nice and really needed nothing so I took a guess and replied :"Paint it?".

They seemed very happy with the answer and giggled. How did they know I paint cars?

Last edited:
thats funny, you asked the Vett guy if it was an NSX. that is so funny.

Im gonna do that next time on a vett guy. LOL

junk cars. if I won a 2010 Vett in a raffle,
I would drive it to the Acura Dealer and
upgrade to a Base model 2010 Acura TSX LOL TSX
yep.. def an Upgrade LOL
and I would get the roll down windows and 2 Knob radio.
with the dealer Option of FM and AM channels

well since i drove it to the dealer its value dropped 15 Bucks a
mile so I might have it towed to the dealer to save money. LOL

a nice lady stopped in last week to ask if they could hold a car wash in our parking lot on sunday.

as she was leaving she remarked" if you leave that 'vette out front we'll wash it too."

that was 'vette remark number 3 last week FYI...

Actually, when I roll up on a new Corvette/owner, I ask "Is that an NSX?". Pizzes them off every time... :biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not normally the guy that uses other peoples thoughts as my own but, this is going in the arsenal.

Thanks dude and if you come up with more please share.

Thanks dude and if you come up with more please share.

OK, since you asked....You're in a bar and get shot down/dissed by a woman with big boobs, you say (while pointing at her rack) "I know a good plastic surgeon who can fix those"...

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. :biggrin:

When people get confused I get the Corvette comments maybe like 10% of the times .. lambo 15% Ferrari 75% of the times ,.,,,

I don't get offended b/c C6 Vettes are very nice looking IMHO .. and if a person thinks it's a Corvette, normally they think is a "NEW CORVETTE" which is beyond cool for a 20 y.o. design car :)

oscar

Even though I don't own my "vette" NSX anymore, I'll throw my .02 in here...

I got ticketed one time for parking illegally at our college parking lot and the rent-a-cop wrote:

"Make: Acura"
"Model: Corvet" (spelt just like that)!

Thought it was hilarious.

I used to get a lot of Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. Mostly Ferrari's. I'd tell them its the Japanese version of the Ferrari and the reason Ferrari's are as good today as they are.

And I never quite got around to getting the license plate that said: "JAP 4RE" lol

Man I miss my NSX...

... "NEW CORVETTE" which is beyond cool for a 20 y.o. design car :)

True. It is amazing when you think about it. I had a Highway Patrol officer not believe me when I told him my car was a '93 (he called over another trooper and made him guess the year of the car). He ran the VIN to double-check what it showed on my registration.

Last edited:
Some old guy told me my car looked like a cross between a Ferrari and a Corvette...

Most people around here dont even know what kind of car it is. My lawyers receptionists thought it was a vette tho. Thats the only time I got the vette problem.

I can see why someone could get confused.

Well...if you can see the driver and he has a big mustache, along with dyed jet-black hair, it's probably a Corvette.

Seriously, though...I could see how the general (non marque aware) public could be confused.

Well...if you can see the driver and he has a big mustache, along with dyed jet-black hair, it's probably a Corvette...

I thought that was indicative of Ferrari owners :D

1-magnum-pi.jpg

The best Corvette question I received was when I was asked last year of my '94

"Is that the new prototype Corvette?"

Being only 2 hours from Motown, however, I am definitely in "Domestic Country". Even though the 'Vette plant is 5.5 hours away.

I don't mind 'Vettes though. They are definitely a very good bang for buck as far as performance goes.

I thought that was indicative of Ferrari owners

Magnum didn't own his Ferrari.

I have to get a pic of the guy who regularly shows his "bumble bee" at the local shows. Talk about stereotypes: Black dyed hair, bushy mustache, chest hair/un-buttoned shirt, gold chains, etc. This guy is the poster child!

To be fair, I did own/worship Corvettes in the past ('68 and '72).

Back