• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx just about done...

Looks like after about 4 months (dropped off in early november immediately after nsxpo) my nsx is about ready to get from SOS.

fully built forged motor, 9.5:1 compression, cometic HG ARP headstuds etc. new stand alone AEM, with AEM uego and gauge.. and a minor detail of the first NA2 getting the SOS twin turbo setup. Shooting for 550 rwhp on 91. Guys at SOS have been sending me photos of progress every now and again letting me know the car isn't just collecting dust.

now i just need to figure out how to fit it into my garage... so who's up for a low key sat or sunday bfast meet somewheres?

We are going to the Macdonalds Pavillion at about 4.00 would love to see the car. If you cant make that b'fast tomorrow might be possible. Brian

Hey Brian, Gerry is busy with the family on a beach somewhere, so no go on the Pavillions for him.

I just got home after a nice spin in my NSX... now I have to go to the gym and work out and then play some racquetball... I may hit the Pavillions later tonight...then my kid wants to go bowling with daddy so I may go bowling instead... :tongue:

I've got to run to SoS on tuesday so I may drool on your car just a little.

Just say when/where and I'd be more then happy to meet up. Maybe you could take me for a quick ride so I can decide if I need to do that too... :biggrin:

Yeah I'm still on vacation... They are supposedly taking car to ums tuning tomorrow for some love from tony. I've heard chris is having it set up to gradually increase boost based on gear... In fact...gotta call usaa and change my insurance over from storage to driving again...

Welcome back from your nice warm, oceanview vacation. It's going to be cold and windy when you get back today. Stupid weather alert about a low pressure system moving in, going to be very windy and cold... :rolleyes:

I have hated this spring weather - it's been freaking cold, and then unseasonably warm, and now cold again... :mad:

At least I'll be enjoying some beach and sand very soon, with dollar coronas and the freshest seafood I can eat... :biggrin:

Shame we couldn't have vacationed together...

i've been watching your car progress :)

you gotta get back out on the track ASAP!

:)

I am sick of being the only NSX out there!

Woot! car is finally done. it's been a while (dropped off November 2 or 3), but i'm sure the end result will be quite enjoyable.

Fully built/forged motor, high capacity clutch, SOS twin turbo setup, new exhaust, and various minor (and not so minor) accompanying mods.

For now, until an issue with my ECU is resolved, boost is being held to a girly-ish 9psi.. Only good for a measly 510 rwhp, but what's a guy to do?

Woot! car is finally done. it's been a while (dropped off November 2 or 3), but i'm sure the end result will be quite enjoyable.

Fully built/forged motor, high capacity clutch, SOS twin turbo setup, new exhaust, and various minor (and not so minor) accompanying mods.

For now, until an issue with my ECU is resolved, boost is being held to a girly-ish 9psi.. Only good for a measly 510 rwhp, but what's a guy to do?
woo hoo....... how much torque does the car have? when we had our run my car was on the 500hp street tune so based on that I think that you will be very happy with your NEW NSX. Once you actually get to drive the car let us all know what you think, maybe start a new post like........ L:eek::eek:K :eek:UT GT YOUR GOING TURBO.

gerryf.jpg

Jealous... :eek:

When do you pick it up?

Heehee see above post.

Brian... Tq is 380ish. Haven't really gotten to drive much... Work and traffic....
all I know so far is the car is seriously fast, and the clutch is a pita. I'm hoping one I get used to it, life will be good.

I will say the car is not much louder than stock, which i like. I'm actually amazed at how quiet it is. its quite a bit less loud than with my enduralite exhaust (for sale btw anyone want it).

Last edited:
haha i sent the above photo to my petty jealous brother in law, knowing it would push him over the edge. He's one of those angry at the world guys who is mad that someone who spent 12 years in higher schooling makes more than a guy with a BS in history. :biggrin:

Saw the car right before they finished it ... Looks amazing Gerry. Congrats.

just got it detailed. damn it looks good. car pulls very very hard now. woohoo. My bbsc was pretty strong.. but this.. mmm hmmmm... I can't wait till the issue with my ecu gets dialed in.. then i should have 600 rwhp on tap..

Sounds real fast. You may want to talk to Chris or Tony at UMS and get a race tune setup with race fuel. That way you just change the fuel and flick the switch, yahoo more power. You may not think that you need more power now, but trust me you will. The best time to do this is when the car is on the dyno at the tuner shop. That is how my car is setup and it is very useful. This makes the car driveable on the street and very fast on the track. Just something to think about.

hee hee i don't think i'm going to need a race gas tune. I'm making 514/385 at the wheels on 91 octane at 9 psi. My 16 psi 91 octane pump gas tune should be north of 600/475. Race gas not needed, holmes.

My switch will activate the 16psi vs. 9 psi tune. It'll be labelled "Kill" and "maime"

hee hee i don't think i'm going to need a race gas tune. I'm making 514/385 at the wheels on 91 octane at 9 psi. My 16 psi 91 octane pump gas tune should be north of 600/475. Race gas not needed, holmes.

My switch will activate the 16psi vs. 9 psi tune. It'll be labelled "Kill" and "maime"

That thing sounds bad ass

That thing sounds bad ass

The word I would use is frightening!!!!! :eek:

I was lucky enough to drive it today and it blew my mind away. I mean it is amazingly fast, fast enough to maybe even give the Ford GT a good run for the money!!!!!!

Wow!!!!! That is the fastest NSX I have EVER been in, bar none!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

SOS did an amazing job. The install is so stealthy, and yet so uber powerful. Like Clark Kent on the outside, Superman on the inside.

Lol frank.:smile: wait till i get that 16 psi action going.

Just put new wheels on i got used off a prime member.

285's in the rear.... aaaaand.... yep... still no traction in 1st...:biggrin:

Back