• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX meets 430 Scuderia Rear End

GHS, i don't know if you are looking good at the picture, but that required exactly the same transformations to the car as the original design, which are NONE.

both replace the entire rear bumper, not just the valence, the only difference in them is design... and i prefer the original. as i said before, the original could be worked out to clear the OEM exhaust muffler...

I don't see why the white nsx design pictured right above couldn't be a bolt on valance only?:confused:

It doesn't look to me that the bumper is modified in any way. I could be wrong (i often am) but the original photoshop has the fins extending into the bumper area which brings allot more factors into consideration.

Didn't the person who photoshopped the white NSX above simply modify the rear valance portion and also use the stock exhaust location?:confused: I thought thats what they said they did to keep the design simpler?

Either way i would be interested in any of these designs. I'm excited to see what they can come up with.:biggrin:

I agree, design to cutout a portion of the bumper if needed, and maybe even have a small trim lip to cover the rough edge. The lower portion could be designed to fill in the oem valence part. And the exhaust openings, could have a perforated lines or circles, on the backside of the fiberglass to allow for individuals to cutout as needed. This would be cheaper and more "plug and play" Just my 5cents:biggrin:

finally posted this not seeing the above post being out of town for work since January.

Here's my two cents as an architectural designer. keep it simple and cheaper by making only an added rear valance and do not modify the factory rear bumper.
<br>
With exhaust similar to taitec center exit exhaust.
ScuderiaNSX1.jpg

<br>
With dual TL exhaust
ScuderiaNSX2.jpg

<br>
With modified TL exhaust
ScuderiaNSX3.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php

this one is #2, right?

Erm... just a suspicion, but if the exahust is mounted in/under the diffuser like in the above picture, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a rear diffuser? Ferrari mounted the scuderia exhausts above the diffuser so that the airflow under the car wouldn't be disrupted... Looks like this design would do the same thing as the MH spats on that orange car. I think above the diffuser or the center exit would make more sense, but ideally you'd want a system that doesn't have canisters hanging too low (GTLW maybe?) or just do a trunk delete with a custom exhaust so that you could flat tray the bottom.

FWIW, Amuse has already done something somewhat similar for the S2K community, mind you the exhaust system is a completely custom Amuse product built in house...

veedub_1117321441_amuse005-783701.jpg

Not trying to start anything here, just some food for thought I guess :smile:

sure, you can do it on the nsx, but you have to be ok with mounting your exhaust in the trunk. any diffuser on our car is to certain extent an afterthought, not functioning properly as the car wasn't really designed for it.
more show than go.

sure, you can do it on the nsx, but you have to be ok with mounting your exhaust in the trunk. any diffuser on our car is to certain extent an afterthought, not functioning properly as the car wasn't really designed for it.
more show than go.

there is no need for mounting the exhaust in the trunk. my sorcery center-exit comes out right under the license plate. i thought about doing this myself as a one off. but those ferrari diffusers arent cheap.

please re-read the posts. this had been discussed to death here- the purpose of this exercise is to allow people to retain whatever exhaust they have without having to buy a new one- again.

My understanding is that they are making the entire rear bumper and the custom exhaust as kit. I think people are going to be surprised by the price too. It's looking like less than what some exhausts alone cost here. At least thats where they were the last time i spoke to them.

So i think we can pretty much end this debate now unless someone else is planning to build another version of this concept.

My understanding is that they are making the entire rear bumper and the custom exhaust as kit. I think people are going to be surprised by the price too. It's looking like less than what some exhausts alone cost here. At least thats where they were the last time i spoke to them.

So i think we can pretty much end this debate now unless someone else is planning to build another version of this concept.

GHSteve is right... we can't beat a dead horse over what we know cant happen. We are a fab shop that can make this stuff at a high quaility and a good price.

Think about it this way... if someone had an average exhaust and bought this from us...

valuation...

exhaust 600-1000
rear upper bumper - 300-600
2002 rear valance painted - 700-1200

There would be 1600-2800 worth of parts that the owner could sell/keep for selling the vehicle/ doesnt really matter what he does with them.

I can assure you the entire set-= up will be in between the numbers above... with optional upgrades to the set-up.

SOME PEOPLE WILL PROFIT FROM BUYING THIS.... how cool is that?

Last edited:
OK so where are we on this thing? Any current drawings or ideas of final product? Maybe time to start list.:smile:

1. Texas91Brent

OK so where are we on this thing? Any current drawings or ideas of final product? Maybe time to start list.:smile:

1. Texas91Brent

Sorry Brent but your at least #2.:tongue:

I spoke to Ross about this in great detail one day because i am very interested in what they can come up with but despite my begging and pleading for progress pictures he told me it simply isn't ready to show off yet so we are all going to have to wait a bit i guess. I'm sure he will post pics when its ready to his satisfaction. Maybe someone local can sneak a peak and report back to us?:wink:

well... this design is getting far away from the initial idea... i give up here.

i'm sticking to my last posted picture design, so, when i can, time and money wise, i'll have a friend build it as he has access to F430 rear bumpers and diffusers and has CF superb knowledge (makes CF parts for f430 cars in spanish GT series).

Good luck with your design and product,
Nuno

well... this design is getting far away from the initial idea... i give up here.

i'm sticking to my last posted picture design, so, when i can, time and money wise, i'll have a friend build it as he has access to F430 rear bumpers and diffusers and has CF superb knowledge (makes CF parts for f430 cars in spanish GT series).

Good luck with your design and product,
Nuno

Don't get discouraged. Ross at STMPO is working on the finished product which (to my understanding) will be the last design I did (the one where you shortened the rear reflectors on). But I think the reflectors will be eliminated altogether. It will replace the whole rear bumper, not just the lower valance. It will use the dual center exit exhaust custom fabricated by STMPO.

David

stay patient guys... I promise this wont turn into the pre-02 headlight time frame and definately nothing like tamoske...lol

we stay late everynight to work on this and we are very close to showing something...

Regards,

Ross

Hi,

believe me, i'm not discouraged.... but i won't install a center exit exhaust...don't like it.... i like one single tip on each side...like OEM... my favorite exhaust was Vance's old GT-One v2, but with the tips straight out, not like the DTM "up" design....

the last photoshop i did, it's exactly how i'd like it....

let's w8 and see...

Don't get discouraged. Ross at STMPO is working on the finished product which (to my understanding) will be the last design I did (the one where you shortened the rear reflectors on). But I think the reflectors will be eliminated altogether. It will replace the whole rear bumper, not just the lower valance. It will use the dual center exit exhaust custom fabricated by STMPO.

David

Hi,

but i won't install a center exit exhaust...

let's w8 and see...

lol... even if it was an exhuast unlike any other ever made for the NSX... we have something special planned for that...

stay optimistic on this one my man... we put a lot of stuff aside because we like it too!!!!

hey... optimistic is my middle name... that's why i said "let's w8 and see" :wink:

ohhhh... and one thing that made me love that exhaust was the ultra lightweight of it... arround 6kg :eek::eek:

lol... even if it was an exhuast unlike any other ever made for the NSX... we have something special planned for that...

stay optimistic on this one my man... we put a lot of stuff aside because we like it too!!!!

hey... optimistic is my middle name... that's why i said "let's w8 and see" :wink:

ohhhh... and one thing that made me love that exhaust was the ultra lightweight of it... arround 6kg :eek::eek:

states side we call that 13.2 lbs... and yes I had to google a converter and plug in the figures.

I have personally dealt with a titanium NSX exhaust... loved the weight... hated the strength..

and thats your little teaser on the exhaust!!!!

Hi guys,
Any updates STMPO ?

I really like this project, but sticking to the first pics as possible.
If the finished product ended looking near this, i'm in with two.

Thanks STMPO for your work of making this possible.

Attachments

• ScuderiaNSX6.jpg
    ScuderiaNSX6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 286
  • scuderiaNSX71.jpg
    scuderiaNSX71.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 303
Back