• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owner in the making...

I am 13 and should soon inherit an unspecified fortune from my very famous but equally secretive ...

Kidding.

I'm 53, life-long car nut, have a few old odd cars now. The NSX has been on my 'hit list' for way too long. "It is time", as they say.

Would love a 3.2, in Kaiser or Blue. Love black, but have a couple of those, same issue everyone has: dust magnets. Would prefer a low mile (<40k) car but super maintained with higher miles not an issue.

Found a 52k mile Kaiser/black car in Daytona, FL, have gotten very informative/courteous replies, records are immaculate, no paintwork. In need of rear tires (aren't they all ? :wink:) Has 18s front, 19s rear, no other mods except a small amount of tasteful carbon fiber, 'R' shift knob/boot. Can own that car for mid 30s, not a steal, not bad, and close enough by.

If this one does not pass for some reason, am very interested in hearing what's out there.

Here's the car -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Comment away!

Just wanted to make a passing introduction, let you know how impressive this site and information is, especially to someone just now soaking up the lore and love for these cars.

Last edited:
Happy to hear that the NSX finally reached the top of your list. Welcome to the club! The car looks great, hope it passes inspections for you. Keep us updated!

Humm, it says it was pulled by the seller? ? ?

Was it one of those too good to be true NSX's, as in a scammer trying to make contact and work a deal outside eBay?

Or possibly you purchased it?

I purchased my 91 NSX off eBay. I feel I got a wonderful car for a very good price at the time...

I too am 53... purchased mine at 49. It was a little scary making such a large purchase off eBay, but no money changed hands until I was able to inspect the car.

All worked out great for me.

You won't regret the NSX... unless you are wanting incredible power on the scale of a Viper or ZR1. I have no regrets going with an NSX.

- Rod

Humm, it says it was pulled by the seller? ? ?

Was it one of those too good to be true NSX's, as in a scammer trying to make contact and work a deal outside eBay?

Or possibly you purchased it?

I purchased my 91 NSX off eBay. I feel I got a wonderful car for a very good price at the time...

I too am 53... purchased mine at 49. It was a little scary making such a large purchase off eBay, but no money changed hands until I was able to inspect the car.

All worked out great for me.

You won't regret the NSX... unless you are wanting incredible power on the scale of a Viper or ZR1. I have no regrets going with an NSX.

- Rod

My offer was accepted pending inspection, so auction was kindly pulled, deposit sent.

I'm okay with moderate power delivered with exemplary precision. (Have a Viper GTS so I'm covered in the 'too much of everything' department).

I won't get to personally inspect the car, but feel very confident in representation of dealer, CarFax, independent inspection, and excellent records.

You saw the car you like. You acted fast. You jumped on it, taking a little risk by not seeing the car in person and now the car is basically yours pending inspection. I like your style. Some potential NSX owners would think and negotiate for days over little imperfections for a couple bucks and someone else would end up with the cars.

Hey, not done yet. Just had been watching for a 3.2 car for awhile, not so many in my mileage/color preferences, so didn't want to run the risk of losing w/o diligence. We'll see!

I am 13 and should soon inherit an unspecified fortune from my very famous but equally secretive ...

Kidding.

I'm 53, life-long car nut, have a few old odd cars now. The NSX has been on my 'hit list' for way too long. "It is time", as they say.

Just wanted to make a passing introduction, let you know how impressive this site and information is, especially to someone just now soaking up the lore and love for these cars.

haha! Love it! You mean the inheritance isn't real...:wink:

Welcome to NSX Prime. You'll love owing a NSX and its great you've got something a little more punchy in the Viper GTS.

Congratulations and welcome. I finally got mine about the same age, after a plethora of other cars of various makes. Never had a F-car or Viper, but can say the NSX brings me more pleasure than any of my previous rides, period.

Hope all goes well with the final purchase - post pics when you can. Cheers, Jay

You saw the car you like. You acted fast. You jumped on it, taking a little risk by not seeing the car in person and now the car is basically yours pending inspection. I like your style. Some potential NSX owners would think and negotiate for days over little imperfections for a couple bucks and someone else would end up with the cars.

Well, I might be a little hasty, but did see it as a bit of an opportunity. I've OFTEN dawdled and lost.

haha! Love it! You mean the inheritance isn't real...:wink:

Welcome to NSX Prime. You'll love owing a NSX and its great you've got something a little more punchy in the Viper GTS.

Well, the inheritance was based on whether or not the "magic crystals" were ever properly trademarked. So the legal battle, mostly stemming deep within the CIA...

Lordy. The car forum dream weavers need a mass intervention.

The Viper is punchy enough to relocate organs. Yet 'subtlety' is not its strong suit. The Viper is a jackhammer, the NSX a scalpel. Looking forward to it.

Welcome to the club

Thanks! I feel very welcomed already.

Congratulations and welcome. I finally got mine about the same age, after a plethora of other cars of various makes. Never had a F-car or Viper, but can say the NSX brings me more pleasure than any of my previous rides, period.

Hope all goes well with the final purchase - post pics when you can. Cheers, Jay

Good! Another person who refuses to recognize their age! All the sports car makers have their strong suits. I started with MGBs and STILL see their charms, though no real desire to experience them first-hand again. The NSX clearly has it's 'way' and occupies a pretty unique niche.

:biggrin: WELCOME!

Hope your acquisition proceeds seemlessly. You're gonna love it!

Thanks, and I DO look forward to it.

And now that I'm piling on my own post (!), the wheels on the subject car are 18 and 19 Works 'Rezax' wheels.

I'm a bit of an originality nut, and am asking - since it needs rear tires - do I seek an 'original' set of wheels, or replace the rears on these wheels? Just didn't know if these were considered 'desireable' or 'just another wheel'.

What would I expect to pay (just a range) for original wheels, tires?

I'm perusing for 97-01 NSX OEM wheels as well, and they generally fall between $800-$1500 w/ and w/o tires.

And now that I'm piling on my own post (!), the wheels on the subject car are 18 and 19 Works 'Rezax' wheels.

I'm a bit of an originality nut, and am asking - since it needs rear tires - do I seek an 'original' set of wheels, or replace the rears on these wheels? Just didn't know if these were considered 'desireable' or 'just another wheel'.

What would I expect to pay (just a range) for original wheels, tires?

Prices are for a used set of four OEM wheels:

15/16 "Fat Fives" 91-93 = $200 to $500
16/17 "Blades" 94-01 = $800 to $1,500
17/17 "2002+" 02-05 = $1,500 to $3,000

The cool thing about Kaiser Silver is that ALL of the above options will look great on the car. The trick with using OEM rims on the NSX is that you need to lower the car about 0.75 to 1 inch to get them to look perfect. A good set of lowering springs will run you a couple hundred bucks. The Fat Fives will provide the softest ride and the 2002+ will provide the best grip, so maybe the best compromise option is a nice set of 16/17 Blades Silver wheels. They will look fantastic on Kaiser Silver.

Great feedback folks. Looks like I'm in the market for some blades! Oh, such fun to buy trinkets for my new toy.

Will obviously be offering the current wheels soon enough. Thanks folks.

Prices are for a used set of four OEM wheels:

15/16 "Fat Fives" 91-93 = $200 to $500
16/17 "Blades" 94-01 = $800 to $1,500
17/17 "2002+" 02-05 = $1,500 to $3,000

The cool thing about Kaiser Silver is that ALL of the above options will look great on the car. The trick with using OEM rims on the NSX is that you need to lower the car about 0.75 to 1 inch to get them to look perfect. A good set of lowering springs will run you a couple hundred bucks. The Fat Fives will provide the softest ride and the 2002+ will provide the best grip, so maybe the best compromise option is a nice set of 16/17 Blades Silver wheels. They will look fantastic on Kaiser Silver.

The only thing I will say about the early OEM wheels is that I'm pretty sure the 15/16s do not clear the bigger 97+ brakes even with spacers.

I like your intro :smile: Congrats on finding this great site...and good luck on taking delivery of your new baby. Lots of good people here...enjoy!

Gulping hard on verdict: maintenance confirms condition.

Clutch done, timing belt done, Acura serviced at 10-30-2010 with no further recommendations. Owner was a maintenance fanatic. One minor ding on top of trunk, no paint broken.

Sent paperwork to dealer and bank. Looks like its mine. Time to sweep out the garage!

Gulping hard on verdict: maintenance confirms condition.

Clutch done, timing belt done, Acura serviced at 10-30-2010 with no further recommendations. Owner was a maintenance fanatic. One minor ding on top of trunk, no paint broken.

Sent paperwork to dealer and bank. Looks like its mine. Time to sweep out the garage!

Awesome....That is great news! Looking forward to some pics in your garage!

Back