• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX parts prices from Canadian dealers

I'm in BC and getting frustrated by the high prices quoted by Vancouver dealers on OEM NSX parts
The same parts can be sourced at US Acura dealers or others like Dali for much less even taking the shipping, exchange,and aggro factor into account.

Is this a Canada-wide issue or only here in BC

Thanks
Jim

Hey there, I get my parts from Son's Acura.(Atlanta,GA)
Sons Acura (770) 961-3007

You can PM Chris or Sean here on prime: ohshytitschris
They give really good price's even when shipped to your door. I get my parts from them with tracking number and the whole works.
And yes, its really expensive to buy parts here in B.C.
Good Luck!

Ric

Don't forget that you can save money on shipping and customs brokerage fees by having everything shipped to a depot in Blaine and then bringing it across the border yourself.
As an example, I ordered some parts from SOS and they quoted me about $250 to have the items shipped UPS to my door in Surrey. That didn't include BC taxes or any brokerage fee. The cost to ship it to Blaine instead was $29.
Since there is no duty on auto parts, only HST would be due when you bring parts across yourself. If you were going to come all the way across to the Lower Mainland for parts, it's not much further to get to Blaine and save on shipping.

NSX Club of Canada members get a 20% discount from our sponsor dealers and they'll ship.

PM Bram for more details here on Prime - it's often worth the $50 membership.

Does the NSX Club of Canada have discount arrangements in place with dealers from BC?

Jim

Does the NSX Club of Canada have discount arrangements in place with dealers from BC?

Jim

Not at present. We didn't have enough interest in membership to negotiate with BC dealers. Erin Mills and Oakville Acura have been big supporters of the club and will ship to you in BC.

I know you are trying to be helpful here but let's consider that NSX parts come from Japan and Oakville Acura is 4000 km's east of Vancouver.
For me to use the NSXCC Oakville discount, the parts would have to travel an extra 8ooo km's to get to me.

Parcel post on say 15 lbs Oakville to Vancouver is $22. From LA to Vancouver is $28 so no a lot of upcharge.

Being in Toronto you might ask Honda Canada why the Western Acura dealers can't be competitive with Western US dealers.

Delray Acura in FL quoted $ 229 on a new NSX car cover so with freight and exchange it delivers in about $300 CDN.
Burrard Acura in Vancouver quoted me $ 575 and told me that was Honda Canada's price.

Jim

I hear ya. It's stupid, but the warehouse is in Mississauga. I think it's Acura's national warehouse. I don't know if there's one in BC. But if there is only one that may explain some of the insanity.

In the past a few people have joined the club, bought a clutch or brake pads/rotors and paid for the membership with one purchase. It's just a math question really, but if we can help, let us know.

it depends, what you buy. i bought brake pads for less in Canada, but a master cylinder was half as much in the US.
many acua dealers will ship to Canada, but make sure you insist on them using USPS, and not UPS. UPS charges customs fees. $30.00 for each shipment.

shop arount for best price and don't worry about where it comes from.

To put it in perspective, the Honda dealership I work for is currently the Acura warranty depot until the new dealership is ready to go, which means I can buy my personal parts at just over dealer cost...

... and it's still cheaper for me to buy most of the parts out of the states. :rolleyes:

Guys, if we get enough interest from the BC folks, I'll work with a Local dealer in BC to get the same discount that we get in Ontario. As a Club, we can get more interest from a Dealer, than as an individual.

Secondly, I'm meeting Honda Canada Representatives to discuss support, and one of the discussion item is Part availability and Pricing.

Last week, I spoke to of the Senior Honda VP's in Japan about parts and availability of parts and his comments is "Honda is committed to providing parts for the NSX". They have shown this commitment by opening the NSX Refresh program in Japan. Rumor has it they are looking at opening a Refresh Center in the US.

Bram

It's Honda Canada's pricing policy and it is wrong. As mentioned in another post I priced the 21 hoses for a complete replacement this winter. With a discount they came to around $900cdn from the dealer. I ordered them from SOS and to my surprise received oem Honda hoses in the bags with Honda/Acura part numbers at my door including freight for under $400cdn. The dealers don't set the prices Honda Canada does so all you can do is call 1 888 9HONDA9 and complain about their parts pricing policies. I wanted a roof basket for my 07 Pilot and the price from a US dealer was less than the Canadian dealer cost!

Last week, I spoke to of the Senior Honda VP's in Japan about parts and availability of parts and his comments is "Honda is committed to providing parts for the NSX". They have shown this commitment by opening the NSX Refresh program in Japan. Rumor has it they are looking at opening a Refresh Center in the US.

Bram

Very cool! That's great if it pans out.

COSMOD250 is right; it's a Honda Canada issue. They don't work with Honda USA at all and as a result the prices are higher here. As an example, I needed a front bumper skirt for my 2002. Canadian price was $CDN 1,481.18; US price was $US 873.55. With current exchange rates, that's a 40% discount. When the Canadian dollar was trading at $US 0.60 these prices made sense, but not any more.

When I was importing the 2002 from Phoenix, Honda USA refused to provide the recall-free letter, saying they wouldn't compete with Honda Canada by enabling me to import a US Acura into Canada. Never mind that in 2010 neither Honda USA nor Honda Canada were even selling new NSXs! I had to get the letter from Acura of Lynnwood, which is where I also got the bumper skirt.

From a corporate standpoint, Honda comes off looking obtuse and distinctly unhelpful to its loyal customers.

Oh well, you can complain all day long about parts pricing by Honda Canada without doing anything about....... The NSX Club of Canada members enjoy a 20% on Parts and Labour.

Bram

I don't think we have to bow down to Honda Canada just because they are willing to give NSX Club members a discount. 20% off is nice, but it's still not competitive.

Availability is always an issue as well. Canadian Acura dealers inevitably tell me that the parts need to come from Japan and will be 2-3 weeks minimum. US dealers always seem to be able to locate a part which can be over-nighted by UPS, no additional charge.

And this isn't complaining, it's about NSXPrime members sharing tips with other members on how to save money on genuine NSX parts. If you want to negotiate an uncompetitive discount with Honda Canada, fill your boots. But joining the club so that I can pay more and wait longer for my parts just seems dumb to me.

The rest of us will continue to legally save money by buying from the lowest-priced seller. No membership required!

Last edited:
I don't think we have to bow down to Honda Canada just because they are willing to give NSX Club members a discount. 20% off is nice, but it's still not competitive.

Availability is always an issue as well. Canadian Acura dealers inevitably tell me that the parts need to come from Japan and will be 2-3 weeks minimum. US dealers always seem to be able to locate a part which can be over-nighted by UPS, no additional charge.

And this isn't complaining, it's about NSXPrime members sharing tips with other members on how to save money on genuine NSX parts. If you want to negotiate an uncompetitive discount with Honda Canada, fill your boots. But joining the club so that I can pay more and wait longer for my parts just seems dumb to me.

The rest of us will continue to legally save money by buying from the lowest-priced seller. No membership required!

Your type of comment is not welcome. The NSX club has worked hard to help the NSX community here in Canada.

I travel to the US often. i order from the closest Acura dealership and have them delivered to the hotel. Most will accommodate..
I brought a lip spoiler and floor mats back from Las Vegas NSXPO as my second piece of lugguage.
My NSXCA membership offers good value with discounts.

But joining the club so that I can pay more and wait longer for my parts just seems dumb to me.

How about joining the Club so that you can contribute to the NSX community in Canada, and more specifically, to YOUR NSX community out West?

There are tons of benefits, you just cant sit there waiting for others to provide them to you. This is why the community in Ontario is thriving. People are stepping up and making things happen over here.

Last edited:
swbatte, BioBanker:

You’re missing my point. I have no idea what other benefits the NSXCC offers, but I bristle when told that sharing tips for solving parts issues is complaining, and that I should instead be happy with an NSXCC membership. As Warren points out, more diplomatically than I, that there is no conflict in being a satisfied member of the club and still shopping for the best deal.

My apologies for impugning your club in any way. Next time, I’ll put my pointed comments to your president in a PM.

Michael Roberts

Don't forget that you can save money on shipping and customs brokerage fees by having everything shipped to a depot in Blaine and then bringing it across the border yourself.
As an example, I ordered some parts from SOS and they quoted me about $250 to have the items shipped UPS to my door in Surrey. That didn't include BC taxes or any brokerage fee. The cost to ship it to Blaine instead was $29.
Since there is no duty on auto parts, only HST would be due when you bring parts across yourself. If you were going to come all the way across to the Lower Mainland for parts, it's not much further to get to Blaine and save on shipping.

Yep, thats how I do it....Tim at Hondacuraworld is great to deal with, have for years...great prices....there is a depot just across the border....I do enough online shopping that I just make a weekly trip down (about 20 mins, pick everything up in the US, give my paperwork at the border coming back, and I'm good to go...as stated in the quote, with exchange, and some small travel costs, (tax is a wash here or there)...I am still way further ahead. The base price from Tim vs my Acura dealer is considerably less. He is a very supportive member of Prime, MDX'ers, etc...

swbatte, BioBanker:

You’re missing my point. I have no idea what other benefits the NSXCC offers, but I bristle when told that sharing tips for solving parts issues is complaining, and that I should instead be happy with an NSXCC membership. As Warren points out, more diplomatically than I, that there is no conflict in being a satisfied member of the club and still shopping for the best deal.

My apologies for impugning your club in any way. Next time, I’ll put my pointed comments to your president in a PM.

Michael Roberts

Hey Michael,

I think you just need to view the NSXCC membership as another avenue / option to get discounts at Canadian dealerships. I have been surprised a few times (not many, but some times) that Canadian dealerships have similar or competitive prices on certain parts.

These parts are usually high traffic consumables but nonetheless, somewhat competitive and if you apply the discount, it can be about the same or less when you factor in shipping costs, brokerage, duties / GST / PST of a competitive part.

It's another way you can save. If you are already buying from a local dealer, might as well get some discounts. If the shipping across to BC is too much, as Bram says, he can discuss getting BC dealerships involved if there is enough interest.

Just a different way to look at it...

Back