• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX passenger window won't roll back up.

First time hapenned today. Window was lowered and won't roll back up. Could it have fallen off track? Does anyone know how to dissassenble? Thanks:confused:

More than likely the cable in your window regulator has snapped, and you will need to replace the entire regulator assembly- a 500. dollar part:eek:
Do a search here- several members have posted diy help on the r and r.

Cheers,
Mark

If you have a '91-93, it's possibly due to the plastic clip in the regulator breaking. Read the FAQ section on Troubleshooting - Power Windows. If that turns out to be the case, buy a window fix-it thingie and have it installed on the driver's side of the car, so you won't have to deal with it again. (It's also possible that the driver's side previously failed and the regulator was replaced with the new style regulator, but you won't know until you open up the door.)

I managed to repare mine with the window-fixit-thingies ... quite a job but if you have two right hands and enough patience to untangle the cabels it's possible :cool:

Thank you all for your advice. I managed to get some good info to get as far as removing the whole door panel. This I've already done. The window is sitting on the bottom of the track and I can see the cable hooked up but only to pull down. There seems to be a symmetrical hook-up which would probably anchor to another cable for pulling up. But I dont see the up-pulling cable and the anchor hook-up to that, looks a little bent.
Does anyone have a diagram of the cable installation or can tell me where to go from here?
Thanks, Ray

Ray Rocuant said:
Thank you all for your advice. I managed to get some good info to get as far as removing the whole door panel. This I've already done. The window is sitting on the bottom of the track and I can see the cable hooked up but only to pull down. There seems to be a symmetrical hook-up which would probably anchor to another cable for pulling up. But I dont see the up-pulling cable and the anchor hook-up to that, looks a little bent.
Does anyone have a diagram of the cable installation or can tell me where to go from here?
Thanks, Ray
:confused:

If it snapped, where's the cable inside the door panel, I can only se the down-pull one inside the panel. I think I would have found the snapped anchor tip or loose end of the cable. Sure hope it didn't snap.

I don't think we understand the question, which is why you are not getting a response.

You need to either replace (NSXTECH) or rebuild (DREW) the regulator.

THEREFORE, you need to REMOVE the regulator.

(See manual link on front page of prime on how to do this, there are several posts on this too.)

If your question is: "How can I fix the regulator without removing it?", then the magic 8-ball answer is "unlikely".

Pull the window up, use duct tape along the bottom outside of the window to hold it up and *remove the regulator*

Drew

Back