• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy NSX-R Recaro Pole Postion ABE! - Group buy - A.S. Motorsport

Hello,

We're very please to announce we have finally managed to be able to have Recaro make NSX-R style seats based on the Pole Position ABE shell.
These will come as picture below just as in a NSX-R 2002-2005 without the OE price tag for kevlar shells.

Important to note,
These will use the same OE special outer fabric as the real NSX-R.
Made in Germany by Recaro them-self specifically for us - so no replica or knock-off item the real deal made by the factory.

We are now organizing a group buy to bring the cost down.
Minimum would be 5 pairs with no maximum.

The material is custom order and they need to be hand made at a special line in the Recaro factory in Germany,
Lead time as of now roughly 10 weeks after GB closes.

1. john_staxx

Pricing:

€1250 per seat - €2500 per pair

Shipping to North America, €395 air freight
Shipping Europe, €25-75 typically, please contact
Shipping Asia, please ask 200-400 typically.

For anyone near our shop, or willing to drive free install.

OPTIONS:
Carbon fiber shell (not kevlar) €1075 per seat, €2150 for the pair

We can laminate the FPR shells in the correct kevlar, please ask for a specific quote.

PAYMENT:
We accept;
- PayPal (fee's apply, 3.9%)
- Bank Transfer (please cover bank fee's IF applicable)
- Cash at our shop (sales taxes applies)

Deposit required!:
- 33% upon sign up
- 33% when the GB close and production is locked in.
- 34% prior to shipping

Pricing in EURO, exchange rates vary constantly at time of posting c.a. $1.07 for each Euro
Shipping cost subject to your postal code, above listed are indications.

FOR EU buyers, if your buying as a private person, 21% tax applies.

Attachments

• recaro_jersey-red.jpg
    recaro_jersey-red.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 832
  • JERSEY.jpg
    JERSEY.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,132
Last edited:
Love it, but want I really want is a Type-S replica. Any chance of that happening?

attachment.php

Attachments

• jp02-13.jpg
    jp02-13.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 3,066
Love it, but want I really want is a Type-S replica. Any chance of that happening?

Already happening!
We have those made for customers on custom order basis,
Red, Blue and Black Type-S we can offer relativity economically the orange requires special order

- - - Updated - - -

Wil these only be coming in red?
I can specifiy black inserts, contrast stitching to these since they are already being hand made.

That said,
We also supply the PolePosition ABE In NSX-R NA1 1992-1995 style, which is full Suede,
That's something we do regularly and can also further customize,

For example a few current orders we are waiting on,
Black NSX-R NA1 style with special grey stitching and embroidered Recaro logo to match a customers carpeting
Black NSX-R NA1 style with orange contrast stitching and orange stitched Recaro to match a Imola Orange car.
Blue NSX Type-S style, Black leather with embossed logo and blue cushions.

Last edited:

attachment.php

Just so I understand correctly, will the back of the seat look like this picture?

Also, could the covering be done in ivory to match early year nsx interiors?

Just so I understand correctly, will the back of the seat look like this picture?

Also, could the covering be done in ivory to match early year nsx interiors?
The kevlar finish is possible but at additional cost, and as a lamination not full kevlar.
Custom colors are possible.

Let's keep this thread for the NSX-R seats, the Type-S and custom work please see my other Recaro thread.

Also how close can you get to the stock ivory color?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456952948.189091.jpg. This is a swatch from leather seats that's as close as I found. I need to replace my skins no matter what sometime in the next few years and for what I'd be into the skins and labor to swap I'm halfway to a full bolt in set up. Would you be able to provide sample swatches via mail to test against my current interior?

So what will the back look like? Plain black?
Correct, unless you order special options

- - - Updated - - -

Also how close can you get to the stock ivory color?. This is a swatch from leather seats that's as close as I found. I need to replace my skins no matter what sometime in the next few years and for what I'd be into the skins and labor to swap I'm halfway to a full bolt in set up. Would you be able to provide sample swatches via mail to test against my current interior?
I'll have to check here, I recall there are coded samples.
This would be for alcantara correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Can I get these in OEM black with white Recaro stitching?
Certainly

Last edited:
Can I get these in OEM black with white Recaro stitching?
@skafia
I just saw your part swap signature. I just downloaded it. Is this an app you created? I am gonna start trolling there too!
Thanks.
sorry to the o.p. For off topic

Last edited:
@skafia
I just saw your part swap signature. I just downloaded it. Is this an app you created? I am gonna start trolling there too!
Thanks.
sorry to the o.p. For off topic

Yes, I made this App. Thanks for trying, more to come soon!

Back on topic: Will I have to pay customs tax upon arrival?

I have purchased Recaro Pole Position ABE from A.S. Motorsport. Adnan was great to work with and I have only positive things to say about the purchase experience.

I would like to provide some info that some of you have asked.

You need to use seat rails and side mounts that could mount a 430mm width bucket such as the Science of Speed V2 and Bride RO with side stays. A 430mm width is the same width as a standard Pole Position FIA. It is not just the seat rail and brackets, but also the side mounts / stays that will allow the seat to be mounted and determine the height of the seat. The SoS V2 rails will place the seating position about 0.75-inch lower than the OEM seat.

I did have to pay customs tax (import duty) when they arrived prior to FedEx delivering the package. Import duty is pretty random and I've seen it range from 5% to 12%. I do not know how Customs determine this.

Here is a picture of the back of the standard ABE fiberglass shell.

I hope my insights help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:
How can I get the type S ORANGE inserts? Is that possible?
I'll make a separate thread for the Type-S seats

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I made this App. Thanks for trying, more to come soon!

Back on topic: Will I have to pay customs tax upon arrival?
Taxes depend heavily where you are and what customs thinks we've had many customers not being taxed , although Canada will tax.
I can adjust custom invoicing to reduce any taxes applicable.

Back