• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R stabilizer bars

are the stabilizer bars really noticeable in an NSX coupe? I would understand if a targa could use it but i dont know if the coupe does. Anybody know?

Thanks

are the stabilizer bars really noticeable in an NSX coupe? I would understand if a targa could use it but i dont know if the coupe does. Anybody know?

Thanks

Nice on the front, leave the rear stock and save the money. I prefer the feel with more sway bias on the front.

NSX-R bars up front really tighten things up nicely. Carbing makes absolutely no difference vs stock. I have both. Buy the former, skip the latter and spend that $$ on sway bars.

NSX-R bars up front really tighten things up nicely. Carbing makes absolutely no difference vs stock. I have both. Buy the former, skip the latter and spend that $$ on sway bars.

Curious...what sway bars do people recommend? I am looing to get some right now. i can get the NSX-R front sway bar for $100+shipping from someone, or the SOS Fand R kit for over $300. There are also other brands. What is the best for a track and street aplication?

You really ought to look at this as a total suspension system plan, IMO.

What are your goals? Street v track? Comfort v firm? Performance v aesthetic? Budget? What is your current setup and what are you happy or unhappy with?

FYI, one of the issues with the NSX-R bars up front is potential banging/rubbing of that and the front sway bar. It is worse if you are lowered substantially. I THINK the Dalis are more prone to it. I know my comptechs are fine, but if I were lowered dramatically they would not be. NSX-R is a safe bet, but like I said it really depends on what your goal for the whole setup is.

thanks, i think the front NSX-R front sway bar looks like a pretty good deal. it only really understeers a bit, so a bigger front is all i would need. What is this about the bumping/rubbing? im going for mostly track performance, but still drive it daily. Also hoping to lower it when i get bigger rims. And are you talking about the chassis stabilizer bars from the nsx-r or the sway bars? i saw the chassis stabilizer bars on sos but i dont really think the coupe needs it.
thanks!

What is this about the bumping/rubbing?
Look here for more info on that.

I'm going for mostly track performance, but still drive it daily. Also hoping to lower it when i get bigger rims.
You need to try some out and say 'this is as stiff as I can stand on the street' or 'i don't want it any lower than this' or 'this is too floppy on the track' to really tell.

And are you talking about the chassis stabilizer bars from the nsx-r or the sway bars? i saw the chassis stabilizer bars on sos but i dont really think the coupe needs it.

I am saying you CAN tell a difference with the front NSX-R stabilizer bars. I I would get them again. There is really no downside excepting cost. Sway bars are also a wonderful part. I have comptech, but NSX-R would be great too. I would probably go for those in your shoes.

When I said you need to consider the 'whole suspension' as one plan I meant shocks/springs/sways. Maybe fine for the the street, but I'd get itchy on the track.

I am saying you CAN tell a difference with the front NSX-R stabilizer bars. I would get them again. There is really no downside excepting cost. Sway bars are also a wonderful part.
I think you mean the front chassis reinforcement bars?

Theirs Swaybars - aka: roll-bars

and

Chassis reinforcement bars - aka: chassis bars/brace

...just so we're all on the same page about each component since their names seem to be used interchangeably a lot. And yes even on a coupe you can feel the difference of the chassis reinforcement bars.

Are there any noticible differences with switching out the rear bushing to non compliance ones from SOS? I got the front non compliance cause i found it for $125 shipped here in the classifides but wasn't sure if it's really worth it to spend $500 more for the rear bushings and bars. Just curious. Thanks,

Mike

Look here for more info on that.

You need to try some out and say 'this is as stiff as I can stand on the street' or 'i don't want it any lower than this' or 'this is too floppy on the track' to really tell.

I am saying you CAN tell a difference with the front NSX-R stabilizer bars. I I would get them again. There is really no downside excepting cost. Sway bars are also a wonderful part. I have comptech, but NSX-R would be great too. I would probably go for those in your shoes.

When I said you need to consider the 'whole suspension' as one plan I meant shocks/springs/sways. Maybe fine for the the street, but I'd get itchy on the track.

Curious...what sway bars do people recommend? I am looing to get some right now. i can get the NSX-R front sway bar for $100+shipping from someone, or the SOS Fand R kit for over $300. There are also other brands. What is the best for a track and street aplication?

I LOVE my dali street/track bars. They're absolutely awesome, and adjustable. I love them way more than the type R front swaybar I had before.

Are there any noticible differences with switching out the rear bushing to non compliance ones from SOS? I got the front non compliance cause i found it for $125 shipped here in the classifides but wasn't sure if it's really worth it to spend $500 more for the rear bushings and bars. Just curious. Thanks,

Mike

Rear beam bushing and rigid toe links are the most noticeable improvement in handling you can do for the car, not counting an alignment. It will help make the rear end feel planted under hard cornering, and reduce some of the snap oversteer the stock suspension has as you approach cornering limits. SOS sells simple plastic bushings, I make stainless steel mono-ball inserts which will allow a greater camber adjustment than stock. Both of us do beam exchanges, or can do installs on the car.

Rear beam bushing and rigid toe links are the most noticeable improvement in handling you can do for the car, not counting an alignment. It will help make the rear end feel planted under hard cornering, and reduce some of the snap oversteer the stock suspension has as you approach cornering limits. SOS sells simple plastic bushings, I make stainless steel mono-ball inserts which will allow a greater camber adjustment than stock. Both of us do beam exchanges, or can do installs on the car.

Really? Didn't think it was that big of a difference. how much do you sell yours for out of curiosity?

Really? Didn't think it was that big of a difference. how much do you sell yours for out of curiosity?

$460 installed in your beam, or $600 deposit to exchange beams.

Back