• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Register

I tried searching for this, both with the search and logically, I know somewhere on this site is a register where the VIN number and attachments could be put. I cant find the damn thing though. When I bought mine there was no reference here for it on the site, and I would like to add it, when you 'search' for register all you get is registering for all of these different events.

thanks
MPX

The NSX Registry is actually part of the NSX Wiki and unfortunately, with the move of the site last fall, the owner of the site (Lud) has disabled any editing of the Wiki or the Registry. Both the Wiki and Registry can still be browsed and a Google search of a VIN will return the Registry entry if one exists .. but at the current time, no add'l information can be added. It is my understanding that it was Lud's intent to migrate the Wiki to some different software that he thought would make it better .. but there has been no status report on this for some time.

thanks for that information, I thought it was really nice that during my search there was a +50% chance that the car I was looking at would show up in the registry, along with some info about it. I will stay tuned for an update from site owner.

thanks
MPX

If the car has ever been listed for sale on Prime it would show up by searching the vin. VIN is a required field in NSX for sale ads.

If the car has ever been listed for sale on Prime it would show up by searching the vin. VIN is a required field in NSX for sale ads.
True .. and also if anyone had started a thread with the VIN in it. For a period around 2004, we were also loading some Autotrader and eBay ads into the Registry but it became too tedious. You'll notice that some eBay ads are now automatically getting into the forums which will make them searchable as well. However, as with any for sale ad on Prime or eBay/Autotrader/etc, information is often wrong (I can't believe how many people can't accurately copy a VIN into an ad); or misleading; or lies .. which is why the forum discussions are sometimes helpful although they sometimes need to be taken with a grain of salt as well. But, having more information is better than less or none .. at least you can validate what you can and make a slightly more informed decision.
BTW, Prime member Ojas created a VIN decoder here http://ojas.net/nsx/vin which is pretty accurate. People should first dump their VIN in there to see if it's valid before doing any searches.

Thanks guys, I already bought the car, and I love it!!! At the time of my purchase however, it had no appearance on Prime, hell the Carfax for it only had 5 entries!!! original sale, 1st owner sells to lot, lot sells to 2nd owner, and 2 service events!!! Not bad for a 21 year old car...

MPX

Back