• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Type S Momo Steering Wheel

Who is running the Type S Momo steering wheel? I'd like some pics and which hub are you running? I am thinking of using the A Acura horn button from MITA as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
Not familiar with the S tune - do you mean the Type S Momo wheel? If so, hope these help - I run a Works Bell (regular, not quick release) hub with mine. I don't have a pic of it with my OEM wheel, but here are a couple pics of it with my old Momo Zagato (which is essentially the same exact thing).

48141189107_b5eae8c892_b.jpg

48141123598_db606777e7_b.jpg

Not familiar with the S tune - do you mean the Type S Momo wheel? If so, hope these help - I run a Works Bell (regular, not quick release) hub with mine. I don't have a pic of it with my OEM wheel, but here are a couple pics of it with my old Momo Zagato (which is essentially the same exact thing).

48141189107_b5eae8c892_b.jpg

48141123598_db606777e7_b.jpg
Yes I meant the Type S Momo Zagato type wheel. Thanks. I guess you lose the Cruise Control when you do this install.

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess you lose the Cruise Control when you do this install.

Correct, in general you will lose the cruise control buttons, but there are many folks who found ingenious solutions. My favorite idea is mounting the buttons on the steering column trim.

I had both the MOMO and NRG hubs. I ended up using the NRG short hub + quick release because the steering wheel was too close to my chest with the MOMO + quick release. Plus, I would have to reach for the turn signal lever with the longer MOMO hub. If I install the MOMO hub and steering wheel without the quick release then it would be just fine. In summary, add up the various components to make sure they meet your sitting position before buying.

By the way, I bought the MOMO from MITA and it came with a simple just effective mount for the horn connector. For the NRG, I use the clock spring to wire the horn.

Last edited:
Who is running the Type S Momo steering wheel? I'd like some pics and which hub are you running? I am thinking of using the A Acura horn button from MITA as well. Thanks.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...thread/page4?p=2003178&viewfull=1#post2003178

There are some pics of mine after the installation.

Mine is the OEM MOMO hub.

As is being mentioned; you will lose Cruise Control without further modifications.

If you use the OEM solution you will lose the clock spring so you'll need to use a horn shoe or make a metal plate to ground the horn button as well as run some wires for the horn and to defeat the SRS light on the dash.

With some of the other hubs you retain the clock spring so you don't need to worry about all of that.

I started with OEM hub, you have to do a tweak to make horn work and don’t get the srs light on, but it worked great. Later I upgraded now To Works Bell, just because I wanted to be able to remove steering wheel, works great too!

Pictures here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170650-BBVNSX-93-EDM-NSX-From-Portugal!/page6?p=1977327&viewfull=1#post1977327

I don’t care about cruise so I was happy to delete it and save some more weight! Installation information and weight savings here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170650-BBVNSX-93-EDM-NSX-From-Portugal!/page7?p=1977699&viewfull=1#post1977699

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info and pics. Really like the setup. I'd like to find a slightly used one. Prices for new ones are pretty steep.

Last edited:
Any one know if this is the correct Honda Part # for the Type S steering wheel? 78510-SL0-Z71Z<wbr style="font-family: "Helvetica neue", Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 18px; font-weight: 700;">A

Thanks

Last edited:
Any one know if this is the correct Honda Part # for the Type S steering wheel? [FONT=&quot]78510-SL0-Z71Z[/FONT]<wbr style="font-family: "Helvetica neue", Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 18px; font-weight: 700;">[FONT=&quot]A[/FONT]

Yea that’s the P/N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too many places left to find them new. Check the usual suspects...Marc, Christian, Adnan

I checked with Marc and Adnan. I got a cheaper quote from Junko with jp-carparts.com. He says it is in stock. Just never ordered direct from Japan before....

Last edited:
I checked with Marc and Christian. I got a cheaper quote from Junko with jp-carparts.com. He says it is in stock. Just never ordered direct from Japan before....

No worries ordering from Japan. FedEx will be cheaper than DHL...unfortunately those are your only 2 speedy shipping options

It’s only happened to me once (in almost 3 years) when I ordered suspension parts. The steering wheel shouldn’t cause extra fees but I’m not 100% up to date on customs

Sent you a PM. Thanks for your help.

Will I get charged extra fees by customs etc.?

I've ordered over $15,000 in parts from Japan. No major issues, but FedEx did ding me for customs charges when I got my new transmission case. I think because it was a big, heavy aluminum part. You should be ok.

I've ordered over $15,000 in parts from Japan. No major issues, but FedEx did ding me for customs charges when I got my new transmission case. I think because it was a big, heavy aluminum part. You should be ok.

Thanks. Anyone know what the diameter of the Momo Type S steering wheel is compared to the stock steering wheel?

Did a search and found OEM is 370mm. So the Type S & Type R are 350mm I think.

Ya OEM is about 14.5” so that’s roughly 370mm.

Type-S is 350mm

The R may be 320mm, I’m not sure. I know the Momo Tuner comes in 320 and 350 I’m just not sure which one is the official R size

Back