• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs 570S

If you are comparing all wheel drive to all wheel drive then you're in the wrong thread (read the title). I hate to rain on your parade but the 570S rear wheel drive.

I didn't make the thread. I just agreed it would be interesting to see how they go head to head and the comparisons are inevitable since the pricetags are virtually identical, unlike the $50K deficit and 0.6-0.7 second deficit in 0-60 for the RWD Driver's Huracan.

In a what-if situation, I could buy an NA2 NSX or clean NA1 with room for mods AND the new NSX for $200K. I'd be inclined to do that over the 200K Lambo as I prefer the AWD Huracan's package better.

In a what-if situation, I could buy an NA2 NSX or clean NA1 with room for mods AND the new NSX for $200K. I'd be inclined to do that over the 200K Lambo as I prefer the AWD Huracan's package better.

i have to say, a $200,000 rear drive Huracan with a glorious V10 is not good news for the new NSX...

No matter how good it looks, or how good it drives, the 570 seems like McLaren's boxster. I'd like to see one parked next to a 675 LT...wherever one can find those.

simply stunning, and that's before you drive it... :biggrin:

Last edited:

I normally don't appreciate Lamborghini design too much with their "angry angles like Cadillac" type of approach, but this is a truly beautiful design worth staring at. Simple wheels, no silly deisgn clichés or corporate identity foofaru...an overall design that's unique and doesn't look like it's trying too hard, wow.

landscape-1447775836-huracan.jpg

Last edited:
i have to say, a $200,000 rear drive Huracan with a glorious V10 is not good news for the new NSX...

simply stunning, and that's before you drive it... :biggrin:

I think it will be interesting to see how the 570S and new NSX will depreciate as they both are going to be the same price but are two different types of animal. If the 570S is going to depreciate like the 12C, then it's going to be rather affordable even if serviceability may be a headache.

One really can't complain about the 570S given it's pricepoint and overall package. However, for the Huracan, I honestly think I prefer to go all out with the AWD as the performance edge is so much better than the "driver's edition."

i just compare all the cars in that style, genre, price range, whatever to each other. Corvettes and the like are obviously below, and the million dollar 1000 horsepower Hypercars are above. everything in the middle is comparable for me...

- - - Updated - - -

No, but if it drives anything like the old Murcielago (which I have driven briefly), if not better given new technology, then I imagine that I would find the AWD to be more appealing for my sense of driving.

the Huracan is so much better than any Lamborghini before it, you really can't even mention them in the same sentence. there is absolutely no comparison...

Last edited:
What puts me in doubt about buying any Mclaren, even in the UK where servicing just isn't a problem, is the questionable financial future of the company. They don't have a history in mainstream car making, and with the numbers they are now selling, I hope at a profit, they need to stay afloat to bolster the values of the cars. I worry that they have expanded too much too fast. On a separate note I still find the 570 ugly.

What puts me in doubt about buying any Mclaren, even in the UK where servicing just isn't a problem, is the questionable financial future of the company. They don't have a history in mainstream car making, and with the numbers they are now selling, I hope at a profit, they need to stay afloat to bolster the values of the cars. I worry that they have expanded too much too fast. On a separate note I still find the 570 ugly.

McLaren had 4 spots to target on Ferrari's seamy underbelly: turbos, weight, reliability, and arrogance/secrecy. As of now it's hit one out of four. I think McLaren is doomed.

Well if you're going to compare awd to awd then you have to compare twin turbo to twin turbo then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oHKRIO6d4&feature=youtu.be

That's wicked! Certainly not fair considering the lack of 4 extra cylinders, but I'll mention that the Underground Gallardo got smacked by modded GTRs with comparable HP so that doesn't say much when it comes to extreme modding. Of course I would choose the V10 mid-engine over the GTR if money was no object tho!

i just compare all the cars in that style, genre, price range, whatever to each other. Corvettes and the like are obviously below, and the million dollar 1000 horsepower Hypercars are above. everything in the middle is comparable for me...

the Huracan is so much better than any Lamborghini before it, you really can't even mention them in the same sentence. there is absolutely no comparison...

I believe you. They've been perfecting their craft for many years now and it certainly helps to have Audi's hand in it too.

- - - Updated - - -

You make a good point about depreciation but I actually want it to tank like crazy so I can buy one to add to the collection to toy with one day haha.

Also the heavy two-tone color scheme is so 80s and the new McLarens are so reliant on it. These many new modern cars (even the new NSX) seem to be reviving that trend and I personally think they look better in a elegant homogeneous color.

That's wicked! Certainly not fair considering the lack of 4 extra cylinders, but I'll mention that the Underground Gallardo got smacked by modded GTRs with comparable HP so that doesn't say much when it comes to extreme modding. Of course I would choose the V10 mid-engine over the GTR if money was no object tho!

Which stage UGR kit? I wouldn't say smacked if any at all -- here's a G doing 221. What's the fastest half-mile GTR you've seen? Not to mention it's a 6-speed which would have been faster if auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1gwlSDjq4&feature=youtu.be

hp numbers: you can't add or substract hp numbers of gasoline engines and electro motors. An electric motor has all it's torque below 2k rpm but after that torque falls quite rapidely with rpm resulting in a peak output maybe around the middle of the rev band of the gasoline engine. A hybrid car has maybe 100 hp gas and 20 hp electro = final hp peak at maybe 110 hp. This let's me hope that the gasoline engine is 500+ hp alone which is very reasonable for todays bi-turbos with that kind of displacement. Anything else would be a disappointment. Even a Civic gets 310 hp out of 2.0 litres but the US won't get that car I've heard.

As a passionate hybrid driver (Insight Gen. One) I'll expect the electro motors purpose mainly for torque vectoring and turbo-lag-filling but not primarly for added acceleration, not even thinking about longer periods of high demand. The battery will hopefully be big enough to feed the electro motors for a time long enough but in a 3800 lbs car with a much higher rolling resistance than any average hybrid car out there the battery will get depleted very, very fast.

Which stage UGR kit? I wouldn't say smacked if any at all -- here's a G doing 221. What's the fastest half-mile GTR you've seen? Not to mention it's a 6-speed which would have been faster if auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1gwlSDjq4&feature=youtu.be

This

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pcHumlKI5EE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

It's at the 5 minute mark. Both have 2000 hp, both running fine, and somehow the GTR still won. Probably due to gearing or who knows, but the Gallardo is supposed to be more aerodynamic.

I'm not doubting that ultimately, the V10 is going to generate more horsepower, but at comparable power ratings, the GTR has been shown to beat the Gallardo, even at a heavier curb weight.

This

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pcHumlKI5EE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

It's at the 5 minute mark. Both have 2000 hp, both running fine, and somehow the GTR still won. Probably due to gearing or who knows, but the Gallardo is supposed to be more aerodynamic.

I'm not doubting that ultimately, the V10 is going to generate more horsepower, but at comparable power ratings, the GTR has been shown to beat the Gallardo, even at a heavier curb weight.

That car didn't even hit 215 on the 1/2 mile. But still impressive nonetheless.

That car didn't even hit 215 on the 1/2 mile. But still impressive nonetheless.

Again, we are talking about comparable horsepower ratings. Obviously if the GTR had 2,300 hp like the Huracan, it would have a higher top speed. What I am referring to is the fact that the Gallardo and GTR were both rated at 2,000 hp so it's relatively equal. It weighs more than the Gallardo and has less cylinders and displacement while also having more frontal area to overcome aero. The Gallardo should have won easily, yet the GTR seems to defy physics.

Back