• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx vs audi A3

can someone help me understand how if the 2006 audi A3 has 200hp how can it keep up with the nsx? from 0-115mph it was still right beside me i let off after that but yeah racing is bad blah blah blah etc. is it becuse of the turbo? mine is stock but i think he could have pulled in front of me:eek: lets say i wanted to be a jackass and push it would the audi have gotten lite in the front end? anyone own this car? im seriously thinking about buying my girlfriend one after i sell this house soon.

Was it modded? It is really easy to chip turbo cars. Plus it being Awd it probably beat you off the line. I am surprised it stayed with you to 115.I would rather have the limited sti then an a3..It a little bit more expensive but the service would not be as expensive.

bandit said:
can someone help me understand how if the 2006 audi A3 has 200hp how can it keep up with the nsx? from 0-115mph it was still right beside me i let off after that but yeah racing is bad blah blah blah etc. is it becuse of the turbo? mine is stock but i think he could have pulled in front of me:eek: lets say i wanted to be a jackass and push it would the audi have gotten lite in the front end? anyone own this car? im seriously thinking about buying my girlfriend one after i sell this house soon.

Anything can be fast.

Turbos specifically can provide a wide range of tuning/power options with minimal effort.

Example: A3
$045.00 Dijon boost controller (+20WHP)
$250.00 SAFC Fuel Controller (+15WHP)
$000.00 Gutted cat (+10WHP)
$050.00 Intake (+5WHP)
$080.00 Flash your own ECU (+20WHP)
$400.00 Exhaust (+15WHP)

Total invested: $825
Total HP gain: 85WHP (estimate)

And all for less then a CF intake on an NSX. Or HALF the price of a header.

Blaze

Too bad at the end of the day, they're still driving an Audi.

Some month ago, I had a '02 Civic Type R. So I owned a NSX and that CTR at the same time. With i/h/e and hondata remap, it was ~230-240 hp. I can say that when my '92 NSX was stock, it wasn't faster than my CTR under 100 mph. So it would be about the same with an A3 with remap for example.

the crazy part was it was a rental car completly stock but it had turbo. so we were on a straight run but that dam thing was moving like it was a remote control car:eek: im just trying to figure out how it only has 200hp and that fast? granted it has a turbo and you can shift gears from the steering wheel,200hp is nothing:confused: ooh well thanks guys.

If a stock A3 beat your NSX.....it could be because:

1. You do not know how or when to shift
2. You are a VERY fat and heavy person OR you were carrying 400 lbs worth of groceries
3. Your car has engine problems and is not producing the power it should
4. You mistook a 911 S for an Audi
5. You were in reverse
6. He was being pulled by a 911T or a Lamborghini LP640
7. You were pulling an 18 wheeler
8. Your gf was driving
9. His gf was driving

or
10. You are telling a fib:biggrin:

I don't know what kind of Audi A3 you are talking about here, there are many versions.
The fastest stock one here is the S3 with 210 HP. I've looked up some results from www.track-challenge.com. There they state the S3 will do 0-100 kph in 6.7 and 0-160 kph (100 mph) in 17.1 seconds. That is slower than a sstock 1991 NSX.
Even if the car had an extra 20-30 HP because it was chipped I still think it would not be as fast as your car.
In other words, maybe you were too easy on this guy. In any case, going real fast in the NSX would mean you shift just before the rev limiter kicks in and of course also really floor that pedal. You should be faster than a S3 that way. An additional 30 HP on that Audi will not make up for the 4 second difference in a 0-100mphn run between a stock S3 and a Stock NSX.

1. Probably wasn't stock
2. If the car was equiped with DSG, it could easily make up ground in between your shifts. Trust me, Ive driven a DSG A3 and it is fast as balls.
3. Someone mentioned it was AWD. Wrong, the A3 2.0T (the 200hp variant referred to) only come in FWD.

Back