• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs GT4 - Help

Ok everyone I need some opinions here. I have the opportunity to get a Porsche GT4 at MSRP, no mark up. I could keep both cars, but having only one would obviously be much easier. Seeing the current NSX market, do you think the car is going to keep going up in value? Basically what I'm asking is would you sell the NSX to buy the GT4? Or do you think it's a good idea?
The reason I am thinking to make the jump is because the whole Porsche line up is going turbo charged, and PDK. The GT4 is the last GT division car that is a manual with a 3.8 litre, natural aspirated motor.

Anthony, buy what makes you happy....there is always going to be a newer better car coming out every year, year after year, regardless of the make or model.
The NSX like some P cars are on the rise, who know's what these cars will be worth in the next couple of years.

Good luck.
Bram

I think a good idea would be to keep both cars. I'd bet u won't lose any money on the NSX. If u have the garage space and you r happy with the car hang on.

So who do I call to get this GT4?

Pfaff Porsche has a gt4 in yellow for sale, brand new with ceramic brakes and the light weight bucket seats.

I'm having the same dilemma; but mine is a 2015 Z06! Take away the whole value aspect and get whatever makes you happy at the time! You will always be an NSX owner, and not too many folks can say that! Good luck in your decision.

remember if you sell the nsx for another brand the nsxcc will excommunicate you......:tongue:

Pfaff Porsche has a gt4 in yellow for sale, brand new with ceramic brakes and the light weight bucket seats.

So you're still on good terms with pfaff?

If you can comfortably afford the GT4 without selling the NSX, why not? The NSX is appreciating ($ in the bank) and may or may not spike like the P cars, but hanging on to it allows you to still enjoy the NSX once & a while with the possibility of giving you a higher return than it sitting in the bank.

If this is purely a driving preference then get the gt4 if you want something modern with no rattles and has the cool downshift blips and active exhaust stuff. The gt4 has similar power to weight ratio with a ctsc NSX coupé. In stock form they both have long gearing so you lose both ways there unless you have the 6spd na2 NSX which weighs heavier. The gt4 allows fitment of the Michelin cup2 tires which are amazing. Tires is reason enough for me to switch sometimes ha-ha

Eçonomically, by way of what makes a sound investment, both cars are appreciating but the gt4 will have a ways to go. If you bought your NSX for $30k 10yrs ago and sell it for $45k now the 50% return will not happen for a looooooong time on a gt4, if even it will. Not to mention transactional costs to doing this swap... Taxes, etc are much higher on the gt4.

The gt4 will not age as well as the NSX however. The NSX was the pinnacle of Honda 90s engineering. The gt4 is a dumbed down gt3 911 caught up in the Porsche marketing web of black magic. It's really nothing special technologically speaking. Technology has gone so far these days that manufacturers are going back to basics to make a car fun. I can attest to this as evidenced at the McLaren dealer last Saturday for a cars and coffee... There was a gt4 there that got no attention, yet the NSX was filmed, oooh'd and aaahhh'd. ...if you're into that kind of thing...

Last edited:
I think the NSX has some legs yet on the resale market. How much is anyone's guess. I didn't see vintage 911's going up by 500% either. If I were you, and the financial costs or storage were not an issue, I would keep the NSX and buy the GT4. For what it's worth, I have a friend who owns an NSX, 997 GT2, GT3 RS 4.0, 458 Speciale, etc. and he just ordered a GT4 with european delivery as an option along with a new GT3 RS. He had already driven a GT4 at the Ring and was amazed how good it was. I was with him at Rennsport Reunion this year and he was talking to one of the factory guys regarding the GT4. He was told that he should buy the GT4 and quickly upgrade the throttle body and exhaust as there is as much as a 40 hp bump from doing so. They restricted the car to keep it down from the 911.

Well I got the bad news for Porsche no allocation for a gt4. So I transferred my deposit to a gen II gt3 with a manual. Let's see if the good people at Porsche get me one.

No one, and I mean no one can predict what a car will be worth when you decide to sell it eventually. However, NSXs have been on the rise, so it's a good time to sell. Picking the top is impossible.

Bram gave excellent advice.

Nothing is forever though. You can always buy your way back into an NSX down the road.

As a GT3 owner, and keeping up on the P-car GT market, allocations are gone for GT4s and GT3s. They are taking deposit on the 991 replacements already.

Tough but good problem to have.

Gosh, I cannot decide either.... GT4.... NSX.... GT4.... NSX.... GT4.... Good Wife.... Hot Chick.... I think the GT4/GT3 will get your heart pumping and blood pressure rising. There is something about the NSX that will never get old.

Back