• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA Midwest Spring Fling May 21-23

NSX Club Midwest Spring Fling ’05
May 21-23, 2005

The Midwest Region of the NSX Club of America is pleased to announce the NSX Club Midwest Spring Fling, which will take place May 21-23, 2005! This event will provide a balance of both social and car-related activities in the charming resort areas of northern Indiana and western Michigan. This also means the opportunity to get your NSX out of winter hibernation, and to spend time with your fellow NSX owners, seeing old friends and making new ones! The event will include the following activities:

Saturday May 21
- Technical seminars and lunch at the Import Doctors in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Country drive from Fort Wayne to South Haven, Michigan
- Banquet at Tello’s Trattoria in South Haven

Sunday May 22
- Light breakfast at the Lighthouse Inn in South Haven
- Walking/Shopping/Lunch in Saugatuck and Douglas, on your own
- Tasting/Tour at Fenn Valley Winery in Fennville
- Banquet at the Lighthouse Inn in South Haven

Monday May 23
- CGI Motorsports Drivers School on the track at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven

Registration

Registration in advance is required for this event. The event registration form for the Saturday and Sunday activities appears at the end of this e-mail. To register for the drivers school on Monday, download the application from CGI’s website.

You can join us for all of these activities, or you can pick and choose which activities you would like to attend. If you want to only attend the seminars on Saturday in Fort Wayne, or only one or both banquets in South Haven, or only the track event, you can sign up for those individual activities and meet us at the indicated place and time.

Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No applications will be accepted if they are received after May 12, 2005, except as replacements for cancelled applications received prior to that date. Registration fees will be refundable in full if your request for a refund is received by May 12, 2005. Requests for cancellations received after this date will be refunded only if the reservation can be filled with another participant.

If you have questions about the Saturday and Sunday activities, contact Ken at [email protected] For questions about the Monday drivers school, contact Phil at [email protected]

Hotel

You are responsible for arranging your own Hotel accommodations, which are not included in the event registration. We have arranged a special bargain rate of $79 per room per night for Friday and Saturday nights, and $65 per night for Sunday night, at the GuestHouse International Lighthouse Inn & Conference Center. Ask for the CGI Motorsports event rate. Reserve your room NOW, because these rates will only be valid for reservations made prior to May 1.

GuestHouse International Lighthouse Inn & Conference Center
1555 Phoenix Road
South Haven MI 49090
Voice: (269) 639-9900
Fax: (269) 639-8068

South_Haven_exterior_small.jpg

Directions and Detailed Schedule of Events

Please note that during this event, Chicago and Indiana are both in the same time zone. Michigan is in a different time zone, one hour later.

Saturday May 21

8:00 Indiana/Chicago Time
Meeting point for Chicago-area folks, at George Ade Travel Plaza, eastbound milepost 22 on Indiana Toll Road (NOTE: We have no idea whether people will be interested in meeting in the morning before the event, and are providing this suggestion for a place and time in case it is of interest to attendees.)

9:30 Michigan Time
Meeting point for Detroit-area, Toledo-area, and Cleveland-area folks, at Oak Openings Travel Plaza, westbound milepost 49 on Ohio Turnpike (NOTE: We have no idea whether people will be interested in meeting in the morning before the event, and are providing this suggestion for a place and time in case it is of interest to attendees.)

10:30 Indiana/Chicago Time
Arrive at the Import Doctors.

Please fill your car when you get to Fort Wayne, before arriving at the Import Doctors, so that everyone can start the country drive with a full tank of gas.

The Import Doctors
4520 N Clinton Street
Fort Wayne IN 46825-5875
260-471-9400

1. From the Indiana Toll Road (I-80/I-90), take exit 144 for I-69 southbound and go 43.9 miles.
2. Take the Coldwater Road South Exit 112 and merge onto Coldwater Road south and go 1.6 miles.
3. Turn left onto E Coliseum Blvd/IN-930 E and go 0.3 miles.
4. Turn left onto N Clinton St. Go 0.1 miles to the Import Doctors, which is across from Northcrest, next to Applebee's.

11:00 Indiana/Chicago Time
Car detailing seminar
3M Clear Bra demonstration
Lunch
Tech question and answer session

1:00 Indiana/Chicago Time
The country drive departs from the Import Doctors to South Haven, Michigan. If you have a club radio, bring it along. Meeyatch1 will be our host and leader for the country drive. Printed directions will be provided at the start of the drive.

The country drive will take place at speeds normally encountered for ALL traffic on those roads. The club does not condone, and will not tolerate, any excessive speeds, exhibition of speed, or reckless driving. Such activities may result in exclusion from future club drives.

6:30 Michigan Time
Arrive at the Lighthouse Inn to check in.

GuestHouse International Lighthouse Inn & Conference Center
1555 Phoenix Road
(at the Phoenix Road Exit 20 from I-196, on the north side of Phoenix Road just east of the interchange)
South Haven MI 49090
(269) 639-9900

7:30 Michigan Time
Depart the Lighthouse Inn to drive to Tello's Trattoria

8:00 Michigan Time
Dinner at Tello's Trattoria

Tello's Trattoria
7379 North Shore Dr
South Haven MI 49090
(269) 639-9898

1. Leave the Lighthouse Inn heading west on Phoenix Road.
2. Cross over I-196 and at the next light, turn right onto Blue Star Highway.
3. Drive 1.6 miles and turn left onto North Shore Drive.
4. Drive 0.4 miles to Tello’s.

Sunday May 22

9:00 Michigan Time
Light breakfast at the Lighthouse Inn (included in the room rate - waffles!). Optionally, big eaters may go next door to Big Boy for a sit-down breakfast.

10:00 Michigan Time
Depart the Lighthouse Inn and drive to Saugatuck and Douglas

1. Take I-196 north from Phoenix Road.
2. Take Exit 36 for Saugatuck and Douglas.

11:00 Michigan Time
Walking, shopping, and lunch among the shops, art galleries, and restaurants in Saugatuck and Douglas, on your own

2:30 Michigan Time
Depart Saugatuck/Douglas and drive to Fenn Valley Winery

3:00 Michigan Time
Tasting/Tour at Fenn Valley Winery in Fennville

Fenn Valley Vineyard and Winecellar
6130 122nd Avenue
Fennville MI 49408
(269) 561-2396

1. From Saugatuck, go south on I-196.
2. Get off of I-196 at Exit 34 and head east from the off ramp on M-89.
3. Follow M-89 for about 3.5 miles until you get to 62nd Street.
4. Turn right on 62nd.
5. A mile down the road is 122nd Avenue. Go left on 122nd.
6. Fenn Valley is about .5 mile down the road on the right

localmap.jpeg
singlelogo.gif

4:30 Michigan Time
Depart Fenn Valley Winery and drive to Lighthouse Inn (the reverse of the directions above).

7:00 Michigan Time
Dinner at the Lighthouse Inn

Monday May 22

8:00 Michigan Time
Light breakfast at the Lighthouse Inn (included in the room rate - waffles!). Optionally, big eaters may go next door to Big Boy for a sit-down breakfast.

9:00 Michigan Time
Drive to GingerMan Raceway

9:30 Michigan Time
CGI Motorsports Drivers School at GingerMan Raceway (6 miles east of I-196 on Phoenix Road)

This event is NOT a race, but rather, a safe, high-speed driving school, conducted on a race track under close supervision by experienced instructors. Drivers of any experience level are welcome. This is an opportunity to experience what it’s like to drive your NSX on one of the finest racetracks in the country and to watch other NSX’s do the same. See the CGI Motorsports website for more information.

mapfullcolor.jpg

“The NSX Club of America, Inc.” is an independent, non-profit organization and is not affiliated in any way with Honda Motor Co., Ltd. or the Acura Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. The representations expressed in this brochure are the representations and opinions of the NSX Club of America, Inc., and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. or the Acura Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “NSX”, “Acura”, and the Acura logo are registered trademarks of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and are used by permission.

© Copyright 2005, NSX Club of America, Inc.

NSX Club Midwest Spring Fling ’05
May 21-23, 2005
Registration Form

Note – this form is for the Saturday and Sunday activities only. No registration is required for spectators at the Monday drivers school. If you wish to register to drive in the Monday drivers school, download the application from CGI’s website at http://www.cgimotorsports.com/school_appl.html

Name(s) ______________________

Saturday seminars/lunch in Fort Wayne – …………Number of people ______
FREE for NSX Club members, $10 per person for non-members

Saturday evening banquet at Tello’s Trattoria…………$ ______
$25 per person for NSX Club members, $35 per person for non-members

Sunday evening banquet at the Lighthouse Inn…………$ ______
$35 per person for NSX Club members, $45 per person for non-members

NSX Club of America Membership Dues, $40 (New Members Only) …………$ ______

Total…………$ ______

__ Check or money order enclosed

__ Paypal (transfer funds at www.paypal.com to [email protected])

__ Charge to MasterCard/Visa/AmEx/Discover:

credit card number __________________________ expiration ____/____

Signature ____________________________

If paying by credit card or Paypal, you can fax this completed form to 847-869-0302 or mail it. Otherwise, send this completed form, with your check or money order payable to “NSX Club of America”, to:

NSX Club of America
P. O. Box A3416
Chicago IL 60690-3416

If you would like us to send you a confirmation of receipt of your registration, please indicate how we should send it to you: __ e-mail __ fax __ postal mail __ no confirmation required

If you are joining the NSX Club of America for the first time, please also complete the membership registration form which you can find here.

Last edited:
Great weekend! (nothing going on with racing schedule)

I plan on attending most of it.

Steve and I will start the WI leg off in Neenah. Anyone north or west of us come to Neenah!! (details later) We will head down to pick up more in Milwaukee, and then meet up with those in Chicago.

Sounds like a fun weekend/event. I will have to look at my schedule... and make sure my car is running:), but I will try my best to be there.

Sounds very interesting.

I should be able to make it.

I'll plan on attending too. I don't know if I'll be able to do the whole weekend, but at least getting together for one or two days would be excellent.

Any ideas on costs?

Also, is there gonna be a set of tires given away???? :biggrin: I'm gonna need 'em after monday!

Hey Ken, I noticed that you forgot something on the itinerary while in Fort Wayne IN.

Party at Mitch's! :biggrin:

On another note, I see that there is a Porsche event on Sun (Gingerman). We could go and watch. Here is the info if anyone wants to look into it.

Maumee Valley Porsche
Jeff Volimar 586.726.2314

RP-Motorsports said:
Hey Ken, I noticed that you forgot something on the itinerary while in Fort Wayne IN.

Party at Mitch's! :biggrin: ...

I will see if I can fit a keg in the car just for you. :D

As far as the technical seminars, what would you guys like to see there? The shop that we will be meeting at has the two former techs from the Acura dealer here in Fort Wayne. The one guy (Shayne) has at least 15 years of Acura training and experience and was one of the only techs at the dealer who was allowed to work on the NSX. Would you guys like a question and answer session, mainteneance tips, or demonstration on how to do basic maintenance to your cars?? I will be speaking with them again about this event and want to give them an idea of what we are looking for. Thanks for your input. :)

How to's seem to be covered pretty good by DanO's website, I was interested in seeing the clear bra install (preferably on my car :wink: ).

I'd be interested in a talk about all the different suspensions as I feel my koni's are beating me to death and am considering the bilsteins. Other than that I'm open to anything else, but basic maintenance gets covered really well here and on Dan's site.

dnyhof said:
How to's seem to be covered pretty good by DanO's website, I was interested in seeing the clear bra install (preferably on my car :wink: ).

I'd be interested in a talk about all the different suspensions as I feel my koni's are beating me to death and am considering the bilsteins. Other than that I'm open to anything else, but basic maintenance gets covered really well here and on Dan's site.

My Koni's are super smooth...do you have them on the softest setting?

NSX 3.0 said:
My Koni's are super smooth...do you have them on the softest setting?

Actually, yes, I do have them on the softest setting. But this past fall I drove Woody's car with bilsteins on it and I thought it was way way more liveable in everyday driving. Seemed to soak up the bumps a bit better than the koni's do and I really am not that great of a driver on the track that I need to worry about adjustables. I'd love to see all the different options out there, Tein, koni, bilstein, etc. Which ones are adjustable, which ones aren't, stuff like that.

dnyhof said:
Actually, yes, I do have them on the softest setting. But this past fall I drove Woody's car with bilsteins on it and I thought it was way way more liveable in everyday driving. Seemed to soak up the bumps a bit better than the koni's do and I really am not that great of a driver on the track that I need to worry about adjustables. I'd love to see all the different options out there, Tein, koni, bilstein, etc. Which ones are adjustable, which ones aren't, stuff like that.

Not sure if I've seen Woody's car. One other factor in ride is tires...Does he have the same 17-18 setup as you? and tire size?

dnyhof said:
The Konis are adjustable; the Bilsteins are not. It's pretty well known that the Bilsteins are more comfortable on the street than the Konis, even with the latter at their softest setting. The Bilsteins firm up nicely when pushed, though. So it all depends on what your preference is. Some people want the firmer suspension of the Konis, and don't mind the firmer ride quality, while others like the feel of the Bilsteins. I have the Bilsteins, so you can tell where my preference lies.

I don't know a whole lot about the Tein coilovers...

Woody's got 17/18's I think, Not sure one what brand tires, but I thought S0-3's.

Ken, I liked how your car went around Gingerman last year, that I can put up with and since 90+% of my drivings on Michigan's pot hole marred roads, I'll most likely be changing to the bilsteins when i get around to shocks, unless someone shows me something better at the Spring Fling! :smile:

O-Ace said:
Is this exclusive for NSX-owners or are you allowing other makes? :D
Other makes are welcome.

Additional details on registration will be posted here as well as sent via e-mail to all members of the NSXCA.

Any status on when we're going to get sign up/final details on this? Will we be able to do Saturday and Monday possibly?

Also, will the cgi track day be nsx only or will it be open to other brands?

comquat1 said:
Any status on when we're going to get sign up/final details on this?
I just edited my first post in this topic. It now contains all details and sign-up information for this event.

comquat1 said:
Will we be able to do Saturday and Monday possibly?
Yes.

comquat1 said:
will the cgi track day be nsx only or will it be open to other brands?
It is open to other brands.

Last edited:
Back