• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA Midwest Spring Fling May 21-23

If a guest/significant other is attending along with us, do they qualify for nsxca pricing or are they considered a non-member?

comquat1 said:
If a guest/significant other is attending along with us, do they qualify for nsxca pricing or are they considered a non-member?
If you are a member, then you can register both people on your registration at the member rate.

And yes, if you do the math, it means that if both of you go to the Fort Wayne seminars/lunch and both dinners, you will save more money through the reduced registration rate than you would spend for your membership dues for the entire year! (Which makes joining the club a no-brainer...)

I just did a test run on one of the routes to South Haven last week, I should be doing another with a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to the event. :)

I had some people I know from the S2000 club asking if they were welcome to attend our gathering. What is the group consensus on this?

Also, as far as the group drive from Fort Wayne to Michigan, would everyone prefer highways or backroads? I ran some highway routes recently and they are very quick and efficient, but I was not sure if the group preferred a certain type of road over another. Input??

Meeyatch1 said:
I had some people I know from the S2000 club asking if they were welcome to attend our gathering. What is the group consensus on this?
If they're willing to pay the non-member sign-up rate (or, to join the NSX Club), sure!

Meeyatch1 said:
Also, as far as the group drive from Fort Wayne to Michigan, would everyone prefer highways or backroads? I ran some highway routes recently and they are very quick and efficient, but I was not sure if the group preferred a certain type of road over another. Input??
My suggestion: If the back roads are scenic and/or interesting, then use them. (Keep in mind that the group drive is NOT going to be balls-to-the-wall, screaming around turns, etc.) However, also be prepared for the possibility that the seminars might run late; if we don't get out of Fort Wayne on time, we may need to switch to the highway route (using it as a "Plan B backup") in order to get to the hotel in South Haven in time to let everyone relax for a little while before going to dinner.

Along the same lines as what Mitch is asking, my NSX will not be ready in time for Spring Fling; however, would I be alowed to bring our S2000 in its stead? I never really thought about it until Mitch made mention of the S2K club.

[

Hotel

You are responsible for arranging your own Hotel accommodations, which are not included in the event registration. We have arranged a special bargain rate of $79 per room per night for Friday and Saturday nights, and $65 per night for Sunday night, at the GuestHouse International Lighthouse Inn & Conference Center. Ask for the CGI Motorsports event rate. Reserve your room NOW, because these rates will only be valid for reservations made prior to May 1.

GuestHouse International Lighthouse Inn & Conference Center
1555 Phoenix Road
South Haven MI 49090
Voice: (269) 639-9900
Fax: (269) 639-8068

South_Haven_exterior_small.jpg

Just a reminder, the rates quoted above for our Spring Fling are good until May 1st. It may still feel like winter, but Spring Fling is just around the corner.

Meeyatch1 said:
I just saw this room thing today....ugh. :(
Today is still May 1. Call them RIGHT NOW.

I don't know if they might be willing to honor the room rates if you call tomorrow, but you can always try and see...

I need an attendance list for this so they know how much space they will need to have ready in the parking area of Import Doctors. So if you will be at the Fort Wayne part of this event, please post here or PM me so that I can get the list going. Thank you. :)

No need to post here.

Mitch, I've got the information on who's coming. I'll give you a list by the end of this week.

nsxtasy said:
No need to post here.

Mitch, I've got the information on who's coming. I'll give you a list by the end of this week.

Okay...thanks. :)

Our local news station may show up in Fort Wayne as they enjoy 'human interest' events such as this....cool, eh? :)

This is the group pic at the Import Doctors in Fort Wayne, Indiana :biggrin:

Attachments

• GP1.jpg
    GP1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 263
  • gp2.jpg
    gp2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 283
  • gp3.jpg
    gp3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Looks like a nice turn out. Take a few pics of the track day if you can.

Great Cars + Great People = Great Times!
Thanks everyone! We had a wonderful time!
Renewed friendships, made new friends and learned a few things.
Thanks again! Only regret, not making track day.

Bob

RP-Motorsports said:
I stopped by Gingerman today to say hi. Good ole Mike Bergman still has it! 3 years since he has been on a track, and ran a 1:39 in John's sleeper Teg! :biggrin: Great weather, great group of cars!

Tom, didn't see you there, did you stay long? Must have been when I was "tearin' it up" :tongue:

RP-Motorsports said:
I was there through lunch break (talking with Ken and Sean) and then @ the front straight wall w/ John V. for 4 run groups. I had to head to Detroit then. I will post pics later in the week. That silver STi was flyin!

Yeah, tell me about it :rolleyes: Everyone was was flyin' right by me..... I need alot more practice.... I just know that this car is more capable than what I'm throwing at it currently.

I took a bunch of pictures. Look for them in an upcoming issue of NSX Driver. ;)

Thanks to all who attended. What a great time!

nsxtasy said:
I took a bunch of pictures. Look for them in an upcoming issue of NSX Driver. ;)

Thanks to all who attended. What a great time!

Hope you got my good side. :wink:

Back