• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Fall Cruise - Waterdown, Halton Hills, Caledon Sun Oct 14 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Monday Sept 24, Millcroft Inn is offering our event their reduced overnight rate of $159+HST (no resort fees) as part of our event package. So to those who are looking to stay a night or two, the option is available. You may call (starting Monday Sept 24) 1-888-669-5566 and ask for the "inhouse reservation line" on or before Oct 5, 2012. Reference NSX Club of Canada to book.

Last edited:
Hello to all my fellow NSX enthusiasts - I'm new here (first post). Will be attending the Fall Cruise this year and looking forward to meeting you all!

John D

P.S. how do I add a co-pilot for the cruise??

P.S. Do I need a GMRS/FRS radio and if so where can I pick one up? Don't want to lose the flock in transit. Also is there a route w/stops etc that I can familiarize myself with beforehand??

tia...

P.S. Do I need a GMRS/FRS radio and if so where can I pick one up? Don't want to lose the flock in transit. Also is there a route w/stops etc that I can familiarize myself with beforehand??

tia...

Some people had spares last time, but you can pick them up pretty cheap at Walmart or Crappy Tire.

I'd just watch the Canadian Tire flyer every week from now till then to see if some go on sale again.

They are VERY usefull during a cruise.

Edit: There is a Motorola 43km(across an open field in the middle of nowhere) range pair on sale for $75 at Canadian Tire this week. There are definitely cheaper sets but just wanted to pass that along.

Last edited:
Costco sells Cobras which seem to be good

In most Costcos in the GTA, they sell Motorola and Uniden also. Both brands they carry has similar reception range (48km+ in optimum conditions) at reasonable cost ($50-70). I in fact posted previously the Uniden model is a THREE unit set for $50+hst so definitely great value. We strongly advice anyone who doesn't have one to acquire a set especially if you plan to attend more of our cruises. This fall cruise is just over 2hrs long while we plan to stop half way, it would be best to stay connected via radios.

Technically the club doesn't have spare radios, I just happened to purchase an extra set for family ski trips. Everyone should really be responsible for their own as we just don't have enough to cover all 20+ cars. If you do have a set, bring both to share with one other.

If there is enough interest (3 or more) we can organize a group share program where participants will pay a smaller cost (20) for guarantee access to one handset at every cruise event, and the club will retain custody due to the fact handsets must be charged before use and there is only one charger per set. Email me if interested.

Owen

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the GMRS/FRS radios. I'll make sure to score one as I do plan on attending more such NSX Prime events and I am sure they will come in handy especially on longer trips. In the alternative I am fully trained in reading smoke signals :)

Some people had spares last time, but you can pick them up pretty cheap at Walmart or Crappy Tire.

I'd just watch the Canadian Tire flyer every week from now till then to see if some go on sale again.

They are VERY usefull during a cruise.

Edit: There is a Motorola 43km(across an open field in the middle of nowhere) range pair on sale for $75 at Canadian Tire this week. There are definitely cheaper sets but just wanted to pass that along.

OK - I am assuming I need to buy a SINGLE unit, correct? Do all the units need to be synched to a particular frequency for communicating during the cruise?

Last edited:
Come on you think that you are doing a coolant mixture 50/50....take a break and come to the cruise event.

Bram

Well 50/50 on mixing of a drinks when I'm done maybe!? Lucky for us Honda sells the blue cocktail pre-mixed which takes the guess work out of it... btw don't drink it.. its not good for you :wink:

OK - I am assuming I need to buy a SINGLE unit, correct? Do all the units need to be synched to a particular frequency for communicating during the cruise?

You cannot buy one unit at the store. They sell in sets (2 or 3 to a set). We will pick a channel frequency at the starting point.

An option to keep an eye on is the ability to use common household batteries (regular alkaline AAA) in case you forget to charge the ones that come with the radios. Just remember to remove them afterwards so you don't accidentally try to charge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back