• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Mtl GP trip?

Anyone planning to go to the F1 race thus summer? Should we plan a NSXCC gathering or try to get tickets in the same section?

Posted from my iPhone

John, to get tickets at this stage my not be ideal, more importantly, is getting a place to stay at a reasonable cost.

For the $$ and action, grand stand 33 or at the Hairpin are the best seats for the dollars.

I already have my tickets for this year.

Bram

Yikes! I'd better get my tickets for the race then. The hairpin is always a great place to watch the race, I agree.

In the past I've been lucky to use a connection I had for tickets for race day only and was able to just drive down for the day from Ottawa, sadly that avenue's dried up. Maybe if we have any significant members attending we can at least meet up for dinner.

John

I went 2 years ago. Bram was there, Owen was there, Lucas was there, Metal Spike Racing was there. At the end of the weekend I saw Owen after the race for a track walk. We were all at the hairpin apparently, but never hooked up.

I think it's a great idea - but we're probably looking at 2013 for a club event.

Robert was there two years ago also. I would like to be there this year but with the baby, it is just too difficult. The heat, the rain, the smokes, the crowd just won't work for us.

Have fun guys!!

I go every year. Just a 30 minute drive.

If you guys head down for the GP send me a PM.

Any ideas on finding some last-minute accomodation for this year's race? I've got a friend in Montreal this week on business and there's a good chance he'll be able to score some tickets.

I'll be there all weekend. We are bringing all 3 kids to the event. Heading over Thursday and leaving Sunday. I've only ever been to the practice sessions back in 2006 when Honda had the best F1 Livery.

We only have 2 seats for the weekend but we figure we'll take turns with the kids so everyone has a fair share! We had accomodations locked in months ago.

G

Can't believe you missed est fest but yet daring enough to take 2 kids + a 7 weeks infant to Montreal on race weekend. Just beware of the heat, cigarette smoke and congested air. The crowd is unforgiving on Sat and Sunday. Very different than practice. You will need more than taking turns. Best to exercise the grand parents option so both of you can enjoy a relaxing time celebrating your 40th!!

Here's one of a friend of mine in the CTCC support race on Sunday.

165417_10151122118176328_2093577907_n.jpg

:eek:

Back