• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2007

I attended a BMW school at Tremblant last summer. The Boston BMW Club organizes this event. From memory I think they paid about $40K to use the track for a three day weekend. This included the mandatory marshals, first responders etc.

Besides the large resort accomodations there are a couple of smaller hotels in town that can house upwards of 100 with ample safe parking that were going for under $150/night.

The track is awsome, we are going back this summer.

..jack

swbatte said:
I've got a call and email in at the track. They seemed receptive but are getting back to me in the next couple of days.

Still waiting for them to get back to me. I'll post once I hear. If I don't hear by Monday I'll call them again.

It seems hotels are good to go.
Events & Family attractions are numerous.
Track potential is excellent.

Once I get word on Le Circuit I think we should put a proposal together!

Sounds good Sean, thanks for looking into the track. I can definitely help with putting the proposal together and doing some of the accompanying research for that. If we have some locals (effer?) who can help us with figuring out hotels/attractions that would be awesome.

Guys, like I said, my parents live there. They will be able to tell us everything.

Ive also thought about the parking. I may have some ideas if we cannot reserve underground.

Lets not forget that there are literally hundreds of rentable condos at the bottom of the mountain also. The hotel rents many of those out.

The track would be absolutely perfect.

Sean - if we need, I know a good friend of the owner of the track. I can tap that contact if we need.

has there been any progress in the last week?
you can count me in on helping out if/when this gets teeth as I live in montreal and am in the tremblant area fairly regularly. would love to track my car there.

Hey Guys,
There has been quite a bit of progress. We've got proposals from hotels and have checked into the track. A proposed schedule has been drafted. We'll be putting together a proposal soon. Cheers.

Sean

Hello from the West

Mt. Tremblant has appeal and I suspect there will be more than a few of us
who will make the cross-Canada drive.
It's a unique opportunity to see the East in the fall!

Good luck

Jim

Just got back from a ski/snowmobile trip to Tremblant. Overall, I think that everything would be great. Le Grand Lodge which is on a lake within 5 minutes of Mont Tremblant resort was reasonable (deluxe 1 bedroom suite $150 Canadian which is essentially US now:rolleyes: ). They have outdoor parking and across the street, there is the free parking lot which could easily hold the vehicles. The roads themselves seemed to be in pretty good condition and has was truly scenic. In the fall, the scenery should be spectacular. Food in the area was very good but don't look for alot of variety. There was 1 Sushi restaurant in the ski village but there were some excellent french and Italian restaurants. Most everyone also speaks english even though the first words will be Bonjour.

Tim

Bonjour... it's a certain I don't know what.

swbatte said:
Bonjour... it's a certain I don't know what.
lmfao.gif

just got back from snowboarding there....it would make an incredible event.

As jorligan said, the facility there is truly world class, and there are a couple of fantastic spa's that could potentially keep the significant others occupied.

People could also go in together to rent houses which would make it really cheap and fun.

Renting houses is fine but a lot of the enjoyment is the comraderie best obtained by staying in the same hotel. I would encourage a common hotel or in the worst case scenario, something like Intrawest Club where even though the units are separate like a house, there is a common area to interact. Only problem with the clubs is that there may not be enough available "rental" accomadations.

Tim

hey do we have any track event this summer, i stored my car since october man, i want it out!!!
btw i bought the velocity car!!!

Hey !! Nothing posted regarding Tremblant in 2 weeks !! We ain't letting this one die out are we ?
My car is coming out of hibernation in 34 days 21 hrs and 16 minutes :biggrin: ... and she's hungry for asphalt ( and banked corners )
Let's keep this tremblany thing HOT HOT HOT !!!

We're still working on finishing up the proposal! :) Should have most of it finalized and cleaned up by the end of this weekend. Need to submit it to the NSXCA board next week.

AU_NSX said:
I don't suppose the Gilles Villeneuve circuit is available for any private practice?

We would have to match NSXPO with Montréal Grand Prix which should be somewhere in June ( historically around the 7th and now around 24th ).

An NSX vintage race on Gilles Villeneuve circuit during the GP week end would be awesome. :eek:

A nice opportunity for Honda when they will introduce the next NSX!!!!

Back