• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Auto Transport

2Dobes said:
Nick,

I'm a little sketchy about leaving my car behind, unattended, and even more so about leaving 7 NSX's behind, unattended .

I understand, that is the reason why i bought a one way ticket. but sure hate to drive it back, tho.

2Dobes said:
With FastIsFunSlowSucks' change of plans we are now 1 car short of filling the truck. We have a little more than two weeks to find a taker.

Please start a new thread on this, so other owners can see that there is a spot available.

It looks like we need a get together to work out some details. What days, where we pick up and drop off in Houston, final costs, when do we need to get $$$'s to Brad etc.

Cathy and I are up for hosting a get together at our home on Saturday or Sunday (27th / 28th) I don't have everyone's contact info but if you can post here, call me (832) 717-0083, or send a PM, I can get a head count and plan for food. Let me know which day is better, Saturday - 5 PM to ?? or Sunday afternoon, say 2PM to whatever.

We are in Northwest Houston near the intersection of Louetta and Champion Forest but I can provide detailed instructions to those planning on attending.

This is not just for those going to NSXPO. Just a chance to do some planning while we are together. Eat a little, drink a little, check out the cars, enjoy each other's company and bring your swim suit.

Anyone interested??? I'd like to know by Wednesday so I can confirm the time, day and details with everyone.

Norm & Cathy
94 Red

Norm,
Sounds good .. I can make it on sunday. Can you let us know the directions to the house, though ??

Thanks .. Gus

OK, Were good for Sunday afternoon 2 PM. I will PM the above with directions.

For those that have not responded yet. Please post a reply or call.

Norm

Norm said:
OK, Were good for Sunday afternoon 2 PM. I will PM the above with directions.

For those that have not responded yet. Please post a reply or call.

Norm

Anita is working this weekend, but I can make it. Sunday is good for me!

Guys, something to ponder until our meet...
Our auto transport is slowly turning into an auto caravan. I just heard from Ben, and his car is not going to be ready in time. With his, and FastIsFunSlowSucks change of plans we have two open slots on the trailer. It is possible that Paul will take one of those, but won't know for sure until Sunday.
The thing I ran into when trying to reasearch this was that with any less than a solid truck rate it was impossible to get any guaranteed arrival/departure dates.

Are you able to "buy" an open slot and divide the cost for the ghost car?
I would think the shipping company would still guarantee delivery if all the spots were sold even if not technically filled.

Just a thought- of course that means the price goes up, so I guess that is another issue in itself.

Probably a good subject to discuss Sunday.

Philip

Yes, In this case I don't mind to pay more.....I already bought a plane ticket :eek:

H-carWizKid said:
Are you able to "buy" an open slot and divide the cost for the ghost car?
I would think the shipping company would still guarantee delivery if all the spots were sold even if not technically filled.

Just a thought- of course that means the price goes up, so I guess that is another issue in itself.

Philip

Just a thought... When you get into the $1,250.00 range per car I would think a two car enclosed transporter, or 3 car open carrier, would be an option. I'll try to investigate.

bsudiro said:
Brad, Sam ..
Any updates on the transports ??

Thanks .. Gus

OK, I spoke with two companys. One will get back with me in the next 48 hours.

The other is VERY similar to what we were quoted originally, but with a 4% gas increase. That price is about $8200 for a round trip, which comes to a little over $1350 a vehicle. They (Waggoners) needs to know by September 19th if we accept the deal.

I'll wait for the other company (Longhorn Auto Haulers) for a price and availability.

Sam

Last edited:
Back