• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPrime Vendor Subscription

Given any thought to a subscription program for the little guys? :)

WHERE is the vendor subscription link?

We were signed on as vendors, but that seems to no longer be the case. I need to find out what went wrong (subscription expired, need to add more money, or what???), but repeated PM's to various mods have mostly gone unanswered (O.K, one replied, but only to say he passed it on to another mod I was trying to reach...who is not responding).

So now I'm trying to just go back in and start over, BUT...I can't remember what page the link is on in here.

Anyone...anyone...Bueller...?

Was there a final decision on what the rules will be?

I would be GLAD to pay $100 a year to have a one line add to sell my replacement NSX window regulators glides.

$500 would take me out of the vendor business with my one product.

I realize it takes time and money to maintain this, the BEST NSX Forum, up and running. Let's keep it alive!
Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
I agree with Bob.I don't have a dog in this fight,but From my perspective nothing in this country is getting cheaper....some of of us are being told do do more and recieve less:frown: This site being the place for nsx stuff has a running cost.If the owner of the site(who imho is very honest and not relying on the site to turn a profit) feels a tarif is needed from vendors...so be it.The more specific issue is amount.......For that we would have to rely on the site owner.

AMEN! Unfortunately everything is about the profit in our society

I'm a Hobbyist also & make a couple of parts In my Home Garage to pay for my hobby (My NSX), which is not enough profit to cover the Vendor fee.
Being in Australia I also have the expensive Shipping fees which makes it even harder to sell overseas as people don't believe the cost.
I also recycle most of my old parts to pay for new parts, but now I'm considered a Vendor so I have been banned from Selling even my Used parts.
I'm happy to pay a reasonable fee to sell parts on this site but can't Justify The $500 fee for 12 months.

I consider the $500 fixed fee to all very unfair....

as i said way back, it's not the same for SOS (or other big business) to pay $500 and me, if i come up with a small hand made part that
primers may be interested and want.

I'm a Hobbyist also & make a couple of parts In my Home Garage to pay for my hobby (My NSX), which is not enough profit to cover the Vendor fee.

As a "hobbyist", you had over 25 for sale threads in the past year including threads selling auto to manual conversion kits at $2300 each. Given the volume of parts you have been selling (and the types of parts listed make it difficult to believe you are selling "your own used parts", e.g. simultaneous listings of a 280 kph gauge face and a 180 mph gauge face this month), that puts you in the vendor category.

As for "smaller" vendors, a decision was made by the site Admin a while ago to require vendor registration to improve the "reliability" of transactions and try to cut down the potential for scams. Is it a perfect system? No, but nothing is perfect. However, considering that I moderate the marketplace I have to say that there have been virtually non-existent complaints about "I was ripped off by..........., and why doesn't Prime do something about it?"

There are vendor subscriptions for less than $500 but they involve fewer months being listed as a registered vendor. For smaller vendors, a shorter time frame might be appropriate where you try to get your product out in something analogous to a group buy and just do it all at one time rather than trickle sales over a 12 month span.

Last edited:
As a "hobbyist", you had over 25 for sale threads in the past year including threads selling auto to manual conversion kits at $2300 each. Given the volume of parts you have been selling (and the types of parts listed make it difficult to believe you are selling "your own used parts", e.g. simultaneous listings of a 280 kph gauge face and a 180 mph gauge face this month), that puts you in the vendor category.

Yes, it is true that I've probably listed a lot this year as I'm having a clean out to try and pay for a new project, But that doesn't mean I sell that much. I haven't sold a conversion kit in a year & a half. So just based on that i'd be out of pocket $750. yes I make a couple of parts but am far from mass production, most of the used parts I sell were fitted to my own NSX at some point.
If something could be set up similar to ebay where we pay a fee when we actually sell something I think that would be fairer for us smaller "Vendors?"
I'd much prefer give my money to NSXPrime rather than Ebay so I hope something can be worked out.

Back