• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NWMotoring.com meet. Jan 19th. Alki Boat Launch.

Hello Prime,

In case you guys don't go onto NWMotoring's site, I wanted to let you know that they are having a meet coming up on Jan. 19th. Here are the details:

Official NWMotoring.com Meet!

THE DETAILS
When: January 17th, 2009 at 1:00PM
Where: Alki Boat Launch
What to Bring: Your Camera, and something to buy food with. Sanity required.
Who is invited: EVERYONE. INVITE OTHER FORUMS!!!

How to get there

Directions to Alki Beach Boat Launch from I5
-Take the W Seattle Br. exit
-Take the Avalon Way/Harbor Ave exit
-Turn right at Harbor Ave SW
-Destination will be on the right in 1.6 miles

The will be plenty of parking for the amount of cars we had. Last meet on October 18th there were roughly 200 cars in attendance, lets make this even bigger!!!

Their last meet had no 8th gen Civics and through all the pictures I didn't see any NSX's either. There will be about 20 of us from 8thcivic attending this next one, along with a number of cars form CRSX and s2k and it would be nice to have some of the NW NSX's there to round out the Honda family.

A glimpse at their last meets turnout:

IMG_3309.jpg

2954407966_a4788f10ec_o.jpg

2954408108_14fe22bd51_o.jpg

2954417828_f644e4d95e_o.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

2953565725_1720f4f794_o.jpg

2954416548_0978ee7f41_o.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

I missed the last event they had but it looks pretty strong. I just wanted to make sure the invite was extended out to you guys. :smile:

More pics:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/west/122785-official-nwmotoring-com-meet.html

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...torsport_blog/archive/2008/10/20/2019910.aspx

So, anyone want to swing by and check this out with me?

We can meet at my office first (35th and Roxbury in West Seattle/White Center) and roll down together....maybe grab a bite to eat first?

Thoughts?

So, anyone want to swing by and check this out with me?

We can meet at my office first (35th and Roxbury in West Seattle/White Center) and roll down together....maybe grab a bite to eat first?

Thoughts?

I will go so long as I'm not working, how long with the event last? If I am working I'll just have to show up late.

Thanks,
Chris

I will go so long as I'm not working, how long with the event last? If I am working I'll just have to show up late.

Thanks,
Chris

I don't plan on going for very long. Just thought a couple NSX's should show up for once! lol

My car is a mess but I might have a chance to clean it with this "sunny" weather we're having.

Anyone else wanna go for a bit, then go get lunch??? (Or again, better yet, get lunch 1st then go!)

Hey the subject says Jan 19th but the post says the 17th. I'm assuming the latter is correct.

I don't plan on going for very long. Just thought a couple NSX's should show up for once! lol

My car is a mess but I might have a chance to clean it with this "sunny" weather we're having.

Anyone else wanna go for a bit, then go get lunch??? (Or again, better yet, get lunch 1st then go!)

I might (80%) show up. You can check out my LED set up too.

Is it the 17th or 19th? I can make it if its the 19th, but i assume its the 17th since most peole work on Monday.

Definitely the 17th...and it sounds like it's going to be big.

I'll probably just head down after work to get a spot. I work till 11...so prob, about noon or so I'll head over after I grab a bite to eat.

Anyone going, just call my cell.... 2063833929
(leave a message since I never answer!)

My car is dirty dirty dirty, but whatever...

Gonna meet at my house around noon....and drive over.

I'm on the way if you're coming from the south. lol

Anyone who wants to go, just give me a jingle.

Sounds like we have some "out of towners" :)

Yeah, I didn't realize I jacked the thread title. Sorry about that.

Also, NWMotoring apologizes for things getting messed up today. The permit they applied for at Alki ended up being declined so that threw things off...a lot.

They have a meet coming up in March at the XXX in Issaquah (which they will be working with the owner to plan) and then a more formal meet later on (possible slated for Marymoor Park, Magnussen, Golden Gardens, etc. Some public park though).

With the help of other forums, they will be making sure that the following meets are a lot more organized and planned thoroughly. No more bouncing around from one place to another.

I'm glad some of you were able to make it out today and hope that the events that went down don't turn you off from attending future events.

3205831034_eb71f4da70.jpg

Rest of the pics will be here:

http://nwmotoring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=773

Last edited:
I think it was fine...sure, it was a bit rough around the edges (as far as location picking, etc) but you have to expect that...especially when you get into multi-forum meets were not everyone knows everyone.

Chalk it up to the 1st meet of the year...a little test run. I was just happy to get the car out of the garage and into some sun.

Who's white NSX is that?

Hey Fellas, Just landed back here in Texas 2 hrs ago. Good to meet some of you, don't remember everyones name but as soon as I get my pics uploaded I will post them.

I maybe back for another visit very soon if I don't leave the country again.

Gil

Great to meet you Gil! Don't be a stranger. Sorry the meet wasn't better organized, but at least you got to see some Seattle sun.

Hey DrVolk,
Is this your car that made it on the CarDomain blog about the event?

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/01/19/northwest-gtg/

Btw, next event is March 29th at the XXX in Issaquah. Everything has been confirmed and on the calendar from the owner of XXX. Drama free event and should be just as big!

I think that's Charles's NSX...mine was the black one in the corner....well, one of the black ones in the corner! lol

It was nice to see a ZR1 up close...that was cool.

I think that's Charles's NSX...mine was the black one in the corner....well, one of the black ones in the corner! lol

It was nice to see a ZR1 up close...that was cool.

I saw Sebring Silver in your profile but didn't make the 91 vs 03 connection. That's what I get for posting at 1:30am. Doh'!

And yeah, looks like a lot of nice cars showed up. NSX, Lambo, Ferrari, GTR, the Vette and many, many more cars. That's how these NWMotoring events typically go. With more forums jumping in now these events are just going to get bigger. Crazy!

Hope I can make the next one and meet some of you guys. Had to miss this one due to job hunting. I do have some interviews this week and picked up a basic side gig so I guess it was a worthwhile sacrifice.

I saw Sebring Silver in your profile but didn't make the 91 vs 03 connection. That's what I get for posting at 1:30am. Doh'!

And yeah, looks like a lot of nice cars showed up. NSX, Lambo, Ferrari, GTR, the Vette and many, many more cars. That's how these NWMotoring events typically go. With more forums jumping in now these events are just going to get bigger. Crazy!

Hope I can make the next one and meet some of you guys. Had to miss this one due to job hunting. I do have some interviews this week and picked up a basic side gig so I guess it was a worthwhile sacrifice.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that we'll try to make more events in the future. My silver nsx was sold to a local member, so perhaps you'll start to see it as well.

Here's one of the pics that someone took of my car at the event.
NWMMEET050.jpg

Back