• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Catalytic Converter 91

I inquired with a couple dealers regarding replacement OEM Catalytic Converters for the 91 (I know they're appr. $1000 a piece) and I was told they're no longer available and probably never will be. Is this true?

Looks like discontinued parts are adding up. We should built a list of them before we have an inflation of threads about every single part.

Just wondering: what does a CA owner do if he has to replace the cats? Is he allowed to install aftermarket cats now?

Looks like discontinued parts are adding up. We should built a list of them before we have an inflation of threads about every single part.

Just wondering: what does a CA owner do if he has to replace the cats? Is he allowed to install aftermarket cats now?

I'm interested in this also; anyone have an idea? I hope to be able to run 400 cell cats with CTSC.

Magnaflow makes a carb legal universal fit. That means you get their unit and have to cut the flanges off the one on your car and weld them onto the magnaflow one. The price wasn't crazy..

I remember someone here from CA bought a set from them. They have a set for NSX and its not crazy money. Maybe he can chine in. I have tried two other brands although they flow well, but size-wise, the surface areas are much smaller and the SS material does not contain heat as much as the oem cast so hard to heat up and pass smog.

http://www.deccats.com/

Old thread, but figured I'd throw in a recent data point...

I replaced my OEM cats with the Magnaflow universal fit in 2012, having the flanges welded on. Worked fine until this year, when I failed smog. The tech said the cats were completely blown out, with almost nothing left inside. Ended up putting in another set of magnaflows in order to get back on the road, but I wont expect them to last more than 5-6 years..

Back