• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] OEM steering wheel MOD service - Custom shaping, carbon fiber, perforated leather etc

Hello Primers,

For those of you who would like to refresh the look and feel of your OEM steering wheel while at the same time retaining the use of the airbag, cruise and horns, I have a solution. This service is completely bolt on. No mechanical or electrical issues as we are using your OEM wheel or a donor OEM wheel to modify. Each steering wheel is custom made to order with a 40 day build time from Japan.

Pricing begins at 1250.00 for standard shaped wheels and 1550.00 for D shaped wheels. I can order a brand new JDM airbag with "H" logo for 970.00 (airbag pricing is for steering wheel builds only) to best match your new leather. Let me know what you would like and I will get detailed pricing for your custom build.

The following is a break down of how this service works.

1. Contact me to provide the details on your build.
  2. Make a 50% non refundable deposit to initiate the project.
  3. You can ship your steering wheel or I can source a donor wheel for you and then have it shipped direct to Japan.
  4. Build time is 40 days in Japan.
  5. Once complete, I will contact you for payment of the remaining balance.
  6. A tracking number is provided and 5-7 days later, your fancy new wheel arrives ready to install.

Current options available are D shaped wheels, molded hand grips, carbon inlays, silk screened horn logos on carbon fiber horn buttons, colored carbon/stitching and full leather/alcantara instead of carbon. High quality Toray carbon fiber is only used.

wheels.jpg

options.jpg

option2.jpg

P6130064.JPG

P6130048.JPG

A video and pictures of the details:

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

Example of a all perforated leather custom combo added 06-18-14.
unnamed%20(3)-tile.jpg

Version 3 with optional carbon horn buttons, silk screen horn logos, carbon cruise control switches and centering stripe combo added 06-28-14.
P6130028-tile.jpg

All leather D shape with standard hand grips added 07-12-14.
dleather.jpg

Added 08-19-2014
gs2.jpg

Here is customer's thread about his steering wheel.

Last edited:
What's the difference between picture 3 and 4? Is it the color of the carbon fiber or am I missing something?....also subscribed

What's the difference between picture 3 and 4? Is it the color of the carbon fiber or am I missing something?....also subscribed

3 has the silk screen horn logo on the buttons and 4 does not. If there are any other differences, I will leave to the OP to point out.

The OP is a great vendor to work with.

Thanks for the interest guys. The other difference between #3 and #4 is the position of the joining point between the lower carbon area to the leather hand grips. #3 is horizontal and #4 is almost vertical.

This service is not limited to only NSX's. Here is a wheel I had done for my personal beater. If you have any other vehicle you like to have custom work done for, do not hesitate to inquire.

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_15663.JPG

IMG_15674.JPG

Last edited:
is it extra for you to ship the donor wheel, or do we ship you our old wheel when done. can it be made with the acura logo instead of the h just wondering

is it extra for you to ship the donor wheel, or do we ship you our old wheel when done. can it be made with the acura logo instead of the h just wondering

The H vs Acura is based on your own airbag, since it is the OEM or JDM airbag. Just the periphery old the wheel gets modified. The housing for the airbag and cruise switches is left alone.

This is neat.

A donor wheel is required to begin the project. The purchaser is responsible for shipping fees of the donor wheel going to Japan. You will re-use your existing airbag as it is not involved in the processing (unless purchasing a brand new airbag in addition).

Thank you for offering this, Louis. I cannot wait to receive mine!

For those on the fence, Louis is a great vendor to work with. You will not be disappointed whatsoever!

Thank you for offering this, Louis. I cannot wait to receive mine!

For those on the fence, Louis is a great vendor to work with. You will not be disappointed whatsoever!

No problem. I will get it all taken care for you once the doner wheel arrives. Thank you.

I have three donor wheels. If I already have an extra wheel do I send it to you and you'll send it off? I like #3 with the standard horn buttons.

I have three donor wheels. If I already have an extra wheel do I send it to you and you'll send it off? I like #3 with the standard horn buttons.

I will have you ship it direct to Japan. Pm me for all details once you are ready to move forward. Thank you.

Is the diameter of the steering wheel different than stock from 3 to 9 o'clock and/or 12 and 6 o' clock? If so what is the difference?

Japan should be receiving the last of the donor steering wheels for modification. I will be sending emails once they are complete in about 40 days. Airbag orders should be shipping from Japan shortly as well. Thank you for the patience, Louis.

Last edited:
Hello Kenny,

Your wheel shipped out yesterday and should get to you in about a week.

Thanks, Louis

BTW. I updated some additional new options on the first post.

Where did those options come from?? :)

Back