• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ok...what about the nsx vs. 911 turbo?

How do they compare as far as driving feel, performance, price, etc.? thanks!

what model/year 911 turbo? they just have a few :confused:

911 rear engine = steer W/ throttle or do you drive like a wuss :wink:

Oil change for $30 :eek: :confused: I believe this is do-it-yourself cost right? because at Buerkle Acura in Minnesota cost me $80+ for synthetic oil change.
South Coast Acura charges me $60 for ELF synthetic. You got ripped.

Are we talking 993 turbo or 996 turbo? Both cars are somewhat different as the 993's have a cult following and the hardcore P-car fanatics seem to love them. They also hold their values much better then the more common and mainstream 996 turbos. Personally, I like the 996's beause of the more up-to-date styling....especially the interior. Then you have the water cooled versus liquid cooled debate.

In my honest opinion, I'd take the 996 over NSX's prior to 2002's and 2002+'s are sexy enough to make it a toss up between the two cars but I'd lean slightly favoring the Porsche because their performance potential is simply hard to ignore.

They both feel different....drive both and you will see...

Not sure about Turbo but overall I would say 996 better handling and "A LOT" more power! Well Im comparing my GT3 to a NSX, but I drove a 997S and still lots more power and more comfortable. Totally differnt car but both are nice. NSX is nice on high speed but bad on my back. 996 has no WoW factor like the NSX do!

....as for the oil debate. It's typically more expensive for an oil change in the Porsche because it simply holds alot more oil. ...and when you're using synthetic oil, it adds up real quick.

Neither car is difficult to change the oil on though. I change mine myself and I help my co-worker change his oil in his 2002 996.

The 996 Turbo (or even base 996 Carrera) will feel faster than any NA NSX because they have more torque. The Turbo will be much faster too, but the Carrera will actually be about the same speed as a 97+ NSX. Very different interior/driving experience because of the Porsche's high dashboard. I don't really like it...there's something about being able to see and smell the asphalt from the NSX cockpit.

Don't forget the HD experience that I, at least, get from the NSX. High Definition? No, sir. HD stands for Hot Damn!, which is what I say every time I walk up to my NSX in a parking lot before driving off. :biggrin:

Don't forget the HD experience that I, at least, get from the NSX. High Definition? No, sir. HD stands for Hot Damn!, which is what I say every time I walk up to my NSX in a parking lot before driving off. :biggrin:

LOL!! :biggrin:

i drove my nsx today and everytime i walked up to it, there was a feeling there but i just couldnt explain it until now! HD BABY!!!!

Unless you want to consider adding a SC or turbo to your NSX, you cannot compare an NSX to a 996 Pturbo if you are including performance. The Pturbo is just crazy fast right out of the box. Handeling wise, while theyre different neither is really *better*. The AWD of the turbo will loose points amoungst the hardest core, but should gain points for everyone else IMO.

If you exclude performance, IMO, its tough to pick the Porsche. Build quality, cost of ownership, exclusivity, comfort and reliability all tip to the NSX IMO.

The deal breaker for me with the Pturbo is that they're EVERYWHERE. As they should be, they're awesome cars. But, for me, I found that a 02 NSX with a bunch of work (including CTSC) was a much more exciting option than the Pcar. Ive found it reasonably easy to attain Pturbo (996) performance in an NSX and end up with a package that I just like better.

How do they compare as far as driving feel, performance, price, etc.? thanks!

major tuneup on the rear engine turbo porsche in the old days cost 3,000 dollars.
probably more now. have to take the entire engine out.
they are frightfully fast. to drive it you need to be either very very good
or really really stupid. i was in a friend's turbo once (admittedly very tricked out for rally racing:cool: )
when he hit the gas there were so many G's i had trouble breathing. it is that fast.

major tuneup on the rear engine turbo porsche in the old days cost 3,000 dollars.
probably more now. have to take the entire engine out.

Well, if you think about it, timing belt, water pump and clutch (maintenence) in an NSX will run about the same price if not a little more.

i was in a friend's turbo once (admittedly very tricked out for rally racing:cool: )
when he hit the gas there were so many G's i had trouble breathing. it is that fast.

LOL...now that's some serious G's.

Back