• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OMG. Why some people always try to race my NSX?

I think I've got all you guys beat....a taxi tried racing me off the line. :rolleyes: At first, I thought they were just in a hurry, but he would floor it off the line and then slow back down and wait for me to catch up. Then floor it again when next to me. Although I drive slightly aggressive, I don't street race.

lol taxi.

People do tryu to race the NSX.

Rarely do I have anyone try to race the FD.

Few people will mess with a FD or MKIV.

They really never know the level of mods that they have.

With the NSX people know what's up..... average sized testis.

My mr2 is a FD eater. :biggrin:

T-88H, car whent 9:96 at 138mph....

lol dont under estimate any car, b16 civics making 6 psi on boost will destory any lightly modded nsx.

That's soo true, I have a little 93 civic hatch that made 242whp on Motor.. I beat high end cars all the time...Doug

1993captivabluehatchdx106.jpg

sick. btw crazy welds on the intake manifold.

240+ on all motor is pretty had to do. high compression pistons?

got a customer's b16 pushing 8 psi.. its stubid fast. i literally looked for a ohshit handle. i usually dont even flinch at hp.... maybe i just felt like the car was going to fall apart. :tongue:

BladesNsx you got mail.

Yeah the motor is a 2.1L, 12 to 1 comp..I ported the head myself. It has custom Endyn intake, cams and Hytech header..I rev this thing to 10,000 rpms...It actually a lot of fun to drive...
In the Supra everybody gives me respect, to bad I can say the same when I take out the X...Doug

In the Supra everybody gives me respect, to bad I can say the same when I take out the X...Doug

nice comrpession ratio.

respect is over rated when given..... taking it is much more satisfying.:smile:

happy motoring

rob

A stock FD eater perhaps.

But when it comes to handling I doubt it.

The MR2 are more tail happy than FDs and use smaller wheel widths.

if you dont have 450rwhp my mr2 will eat up your FD :tongue:

hey no worries, im letting my ricer side take over right now.

Im sure your FD is very fast and i do agree some of them have really good protentional!

FDs are great cars, but ownership is expensive + not to mention is a oil spitting gas guzzling monster which eats a new apexi seal every 40,000 miles.

yeah my teg is a blast to drive the only thing it lacks is rear wheel drive haha then it would be complete. no but seriously my teg is quite a bit faster and will destroy it in corners but being my teg is got some work done ;) and my nsx is stock for now

Just feel better knowing that when your in your nsx, you are entitled to talk trash on everything else on the road, because nothing else compares to an nsx. In other news, i cant wait till winter is over :( i miss driving my baby!

I had a guy who was on my ass the whole way for about 20min. I'm sure he was just admiring the car but it felt awkward. Let's just say I got sick of him and lost him.:)

Um not sure if I wanna comment on this one hahah too much innuendo!

:biggrin: :tongue:

On the way home from a local NSX meet tonight, some idiot decides to cut me off on the freeway. I was following my wife's car, going about our own business. It was about 10pm, freeway was pretty empty, and this idiot speeds up out of nowhere decides to wedge between my wife's car and the NSX. Shortly after, he/she decides to throw on the hazards (a ricer's signal of winning a race).

Ok, so you cut me off and throw on your hazards as if we were racing? He does this for some time and with the hazards still on, cuts across three lanes for the offramp. Car was a current model Nissan Altima exiting Baldwin Park Blvd - notorious for "one of the highest crime rates per capita in the general Los Angeles region."

My first encounter with such BS while driving the NSX. Angry and annoyed at the same time.

//end rant

I ignore them for the most part. When I was younger, I took the bait at times. One fool wrecked his ricer car trying to harass me. I wasn't really racing him, there was no point. I was trying to just get away from him since he nearly hit me in his attempts to taunt me. He drove like a spazz and put himself in the wall:frown: . Now I just drive real slow and annoy them. If they don't get the hint to leave me alone....Well..I pull out the secret weapon...
062106LAPDBadgeLights200.jpg

They usually go away when they see the badge. I'm still debating on putting lights in the NSX. I don't want someone thinking my car is an undercover vehicle or I'm gonna pull them over. I just want to cruise and be left alone.:redface:

Btw, when I was young and drooled whenever I saw an NSX or equivalent (is there such a thing?) I always waved, or gave a modest compliment. I never tried to race or harass. Why aren't people like that today?:confused: :frown:

They usually go away when they see the badge. I'm still debating on putting lights in the NSX. I don't want someone thinking my car is an undercover vehicle or I'm gonna pull them over. I just want to cruise and be left alone.:redface:

:

OMG Wait till I see you around the hood,OMG I hope you flash the lights on me OMG

Armando

Last edited:
if you dont have 450rwhp my mr2 will eat up your FD :tongue:

hey no worries, im letting my ricer side take over right now.

Im sure your FD is very fast and i do agree some of them have really good protentional!

FDs are great cars, but ownership is expensive + not to mention is a oil spitting gas guzzling monster which eats a new apexi seal every 40,000 miles.

SHort cuts in proper components and proper tuning is the biggest contributor to the Apex seals demise.

My soon to be ex-FD (payment in full this weekend) made 430rwhp at 15psi and the BNR turbos are capable of doing more than that. The fuel system and everything else to support more power is present on the car.

Last Sunday I was just driving along, minding my own business (but keeping an ever watchful eye out for Fast & Furious drivers) and I spot a car that I can't identify in my mirror, racing down the on ramp of the parkway.

It is black. It appears small. It appears to be trying to catch up to me (I was going 60 mph). I'm in the middle lane of a three lane road. I hold speed and position, and in about 15 seconds, the other driver pulls up in the left lane. I glance over, wave, and let him go. The car was a Lotus Esprit S (I think it was an S4?). Very nicely styled, with a rear wing that extended away from the rear window.

1/4 mile down the road...the car turns left into...the Sunset Hills retirement community!

:eek:

Back