• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

? on rebuilding engine or new

so im talking to a guy who is selling his nsx and he says that the engine is making weird noises that is very bad and loud so im thinking it has to rebuilt or put a new one in. so question is how much will the rebuild be by a known mech. who is respected in the community also if i where to buy a new engine where would i get one and so how much would either be guesstamating thanks in advanced

probably

wonder why he didnt post a link to it?

we always know what cars are for sale its so weird

god-like powers

lol it was the car and i emailed him mins after he posted and was ready to go there from chicago the next day but sold it...i was thinking i was going to put 10k to 13k to get it mint...well who ever bought it wow was that a steal

ok so there is another one that is for sale 92 with 150k on the dash and he is asking 21k is that a fair price? i know that is a lot of miles on the engine so if i were to get it what do you think i have to do and how much i have to spend to make the engine purring nice.he said engine is in tiptop shape but i would want to do that for my piece of mind.one more thing the snap ring issue i was reading it was only for 91-92 detail on what to look for so it wont happen to me

if i were to get it what do you think i have to do and how much i have to spend to make the engine purring nice.
Maybe nothing. If it's been well-maintained, it could be running just fine, even after 150K miles. If you want someone to check it over, Ted at Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates has far more experience with the NSX than anyone else in the Chicago area, including rebuilding NSX engines and trannies.

one more thing the snap ring issue i was reading it was only for 91-92 detail on what to look for so it wont happen to me
Did you read that section of the Wiki?

thanks nsxtasy if i do get it,it will be going to woodfield for check up also i have to ask the seller to see what is his tranny # which i hope he can tell me.do you think there is paper work on it or does he have to lift up car for that?

how about the price is that fair?
im going to carmax to see what my s2k is worth and i did offer him to trade my01 54k

well this is how I got my first NSX

I told myself I want to buy one and flip it for more money.

searched " ALLOFCRAIGLIST " and ebay looking for a cheap NSX to fix up and sell.

found one in the middle of BFE North Carolina the guy

had a 1992 with 114K miles and was asking 21K for the car and he wasnt going down on the price.

so I drove up the next day from tampa. he was happy to sell it.

my NSX had no records at all but did have a clean title. needed some work had issues that other
people would turn their head at cuz their sh_t dont stink.
drove it home decided to keep it that was 3 years ago and no major issues. beside the normal stuff that I would have done anyway.

so My advice is find one thats in decent shape and a good price, and bring it back to MINT status. you will enjoy the adventure and you will learn about the car. nothing beats hand on experience.

Last edited:
thanks..^^ for me the miles somewhat matter and shape its in so i would not have to do a lot ..im pretty handy but when it comes to dropping motrors like you do forget that im taking it to someone,i have drop motors but back in 96 when honda where getting noticed and havent since,the most i did on s2k was change out exhaust, wheels and now doing the hardest swaps known to man gy6 ruckus lol. but body work yeah i can tackle engine no way.i dont want to even attempt,wish i lived next door to you (shawn) so you can help me :tongue:. hopefully i get one soon but i dont want to rush my purchase

i want to get out off my01 S cause it has been a bad month in cars stolen and it's not summer yet and i dont want to be a victim also im mid 30's and ready for a the elite

Back